Did you ever take a WDW vacation that was too long?

I'm a little worried about eating Disney food for 3 weeks
I think it is well worth it to rent a car and go offsite for some meals. You can save money which will offset the cost of the rental. Plus you have a wide variety of food to choose from as well as being able to go to the supermarket and get some ready-made stuff to take back to the hotel. Much easier to find healthier options offsite like Sweet Tomatoes or prepared salads from Publix or whatever. And when you have the kitchen, you can do a grocery run.

We thought 14 days would be the dream vacation, and satisfy all our Disney longings. We misjudged - - it STILL wasn't enough time.

But we did finally get to the water parks - - something we had never wanted to take away from park time for but now plan for at least one day each trip - - and we took one day to see one half of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Two days at each park, plus two evenings at our two favorites (after a day of lounging at the resort) really made for a great time. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how easily the time gets filled. Enjoy!

We've done two weeks offsite in a rented house several time and it's a nice amount. We usually do 5-7 Disney days.

We are about to do 11 days at Boardwalk with no car so that will be interesting. If we were heavy park goers, I think it would be too much. But we will have an 8,4 and 6 month old so we will do half days at the parks with lots of rest days so I think it will still be relaxing. And I've ordered groceries so that we only eat out 5-6 TS and the odd QS or snack.

We've stayed for 15 days and wished it was longer. I wouldn't stay more than a week on site, but with a rental car and a nice little condo offsite we'd be happy to stay for a month! I recommend at least one non-park day for every 4 park days.

We just did 4 weeks at Disney and 1 at Universal and I could have stayed longer, but that might have to do with going from the high 80s to the low 40s.

I'll tell you...I once did a trip that was 8 days with two of my cousins. Might not sound like a long trip, but by the fifth day they were both crying for their boyfriends and moping around. It was the only time I ever had a bad time at WDW. Now I take trips with my sister, who's been married long enough that she doesn't care. :rolleyes:

We usually do 14 or 15 nights (depending on what time of day we can get flights) and find it perfect - if anything it is just enough time to do everything we want in a relaxed way. We are very non-commando, and like to do the parks in the mornings and evenings, with an afternoon break to go to the pool or enjoy the resort. We also enjoy adding some non park days to visit the outlets, other attractions, or just relax. We might do Legoland, Sea World or Universal for a day, and we also enjoy the water parks, Disney Quest, and recreational options (DS enjoys miniature golf and fishing at Fort Wilderness).

This year we are doing a 14 night vacation, but with a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream in the middle.

I think the longest one we ever did was 12 nights. I felt like it was a little too long for us. We've found that 9 or 10 nights is about as long as we care to stay. Mainly I get tired of staying in a hotel room, I might be able to stay longer if we were staying in a condo.

We did 16 nights on property last year (3 nights Beach Club and 13 nights free dining POFQ).
This year 15 nights on property (4 nights Contemporary, 4 nights Beach Club, 7 nights free dining PORS).
We've never been bored ... we'd love to do longer:-) I don't think our family has a limit when it comes to Disney :goodvibes.

Oh please, oh please. If you have the opportunity to do 2 weeks, do it!! :) The longest I've done has been 6/7 days, and it definitely wasn't enough for this disney fan. If you go and get to feeling worn out with Disney, there's always plenty to do around Orlando. Go to Universal for a day or spend a whole day in Downtown Disney (Double feature at the AMC anyone?) My dad would advocate for actually "vacationing" AKA lounging at the hotel with a coffee and an ipad. Whatever you decide, hope you have a great time

We checked in on August 7th and left August 30th. We did only two days at Universal as our time away from Disney and aside from August 13th (our wedding day) I was in a park every day... actually come to think of it I was in a theme park every single day since we had a Dessert Party in HS with a Tower of Terror mix-in and watched the Frozen Fireworks and Fantasmic!... it still wasn't long enough and I'm super bummed that I probably won't be back until 2017... Especially since we just canceled the two nights we'd booked at Aulani in February.

We do ten or eleven nights once a year. The past few years, it has been just my 19 year old daughter and I during her spring break. DH and DS have their own "boys' trip" out west somewhere as they are sick of Disney. DD and I generally go to the parks every day but never rope drop. Since we always stay CL, we tend to have about half of our breakfasts in the lounge so we hang about the resort in the mornings. While at the parks, we eat TS almost exclusively and tour at our own pace. Sometimes we will leave the parks to have lunch at a resort. We never park hop but tend to stay until closing. We go the last week in Feb until the end of the first week of March, a relatively quieter time. All in all, by the last day we are done and ready to leave. I can't imagine staying any longer than we do. We have two or three other vacations a year- one or two for all four of us and then one with just me, DH and DS and those are about the same length. We are ready to go home at the end of those trips also so it is not just Disney that we tire of but being away from home that long in general.

No trip has been too long for us so far! Heading out on a 17-night trip in January with my teenage son. We've long trips before...16 nights, 14 nights...this upcoming one I think is a record for us. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter