• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

I thought they would be Star Tours 3D glasses.... Spider-Man's glasses don't fit well over my perscription ones :scratchin

We did not do a U turn after I read theses posts. If it opened at two yesterday, then we made the right choice. I talked to some Universal folks who seemed "in the know" on Wednesday and KNEW the soft opening was soon... But too late for me. More on that when I can access a decent keyboard.

My son just asked me...
"120 minutes isn't too long, is it?"
He didn't even reference D-Me, but I knew what he was getting at. He still doesn't "know" that I'm gonna take him back to Orlando this summer.....this HOT summer!
This oughtta be fun! ;)
He's wearing out the keyboard searching for US new info!

Every day I asked the TMs for word of a soft opening on MM and they knew nada. Things changed on Wednesday.

Here is what happened late Wednesday afternoon. It had been raining and we had been hanging around in hopes the 5:00 parade would still happen. It didn't. At some point, we headed to Spongebob Storepants so DD12 could have a look and she wound up getting her pic taken with SB.

After SB was done with pics, he disappeared through a door in back of the store with his handler and it was then I started paying attention to a group of 6-8 people by that magic door. They had been there a while, confabbing. Adults, men and women, in nonstop discussion. The men were in ties, but their "dress shirts" had a Universal theme. Some of the women had on skirts and heels. All in all, they were not "suits" as one might typically think of them, but they were way above the level of a TM. So I eased closer and they were deep in discussion regarding ways to make the store better.

So I decided to chat a bit and tell them what I thought of them store. :lmao: Interrupted, if you will. :rotfl2: And while I was at it, yes, I asked about MM. One of them asked me a lot of questions in return and then wanted to know how long I was in town. When he found out I was leaving the next day, he indicated I was sooooo close. I got the impression that if I had said I was there a few more days, he was going to give me a thumbs up. So we chatted a bit more and I went to tell DH the news.

DH said, "Go give them our phone number and if they'll text you, I'll drive you back here after we leave the beach so you can ride MM." So I dashed back in the store, but they too had disappeared through the magic door, right along with SB. Oh well. Right then, I knew I had narrowly missed my chance.

I was going to post this info then, but I swear, I am useless typing on that phone. :scared1: At any rate, I was right.

It was so good :) I went on it today, it had a 60 minute wait and it was great. I loved it so much :) hoping its open again Thursday when I go back!

It was so good :) I went on it today, it had a 60 minute wait and it was great. I loved it so much :) hoping its open again Thursday when I go back!

ALL RIGHT ALISSA!!!!! glad you got to ride it...I know you were really looking forward to it!...my son and I won't leave Texas until I "know" fer sure it's up-n-running!
Another thing I looking forward to is HOPEFULLY the AP early "magic" hour. ;)
Crossing my fingers that it'll work in with our (very flexible) schedule.

We got in it too!! Loved loved LOVED IT!!! :)
We arrived Thursday and left late Sunday night
Friday, we did see a small line but was told it was for team members only, we were bummed. We did hear a team member tell someone to come back in 2-3 weeks. UUGGH

But Saturday, we were in Finnagins, waiting out a wicked rain storm, when a man came in and said he just rode it. We ran over, and sure enough there was a soft opening!!! We waited about an hour, it was sooooo worth it!!
Wont post any spoilers ;)

Oh I am so glad people are enjoying this ride. The parks desperately need more family attractions.

Does anyone know exactly how long the actual ride itself is? Jimmy Neutron was 4 minutes 23 seconds, and I'm hearing this ride is noticeably shorter.

Oh I am so glad people are enjoying this ride. The parks desperately need more family attractions.
That's for sure!...They are just so packed in already...Too bad they "can't" figure out a way to utilize more of the building facades too....gotta be more that could be done with those.

Well...Once again...close...but no cigar...errrr Minions.

July 2 Grand Opening now...so....time to rebook. Again. My car rental more than quadrupled. Time to re-up my membership in the 2000 mile (well...nearly 2000 mile) trip club!

Well...Once again...close...but no cigar...errrr Minions.

July 2 Grand Opening now...so....time to rebook. Again.

Are you waiting until after grand opening to go? It should be open pretty consistently now.

Are you waiting until after grand opening to go? It should be open pretty consistently now.
If I can clear my schedule enough-AGAIN-I'd like to get there a day or three before the grand opening. I think I'm gonna add an extra day on site, and keep a few days booked on the "south side", just in case.
I will not be able to leave that town until Gage has experienced all of the new rides and attractions at least 2-3 times. It's just how we roll 'round here. ;)
The budget is TOTALLY blown already, so it's do-or-die now. :upsidedow

If I can clear my schedule enough-AGAIN-I'd like to get there a day or three before the grand opening. I think I'm gonna add an extra day on site, and keep a few days booked on the "south side", just in case.
I will not be able to leave that town until Gage has experienced all of the new rides and attractions at least 2-3 times. It's just how we roll 'round here. ;)
The budget is TOTALLY blown already, so it's do-or-die now. :upsidedow

Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

We arrive on the morning of June 30th and we signed up for July 1st AP early entry.:thumbsup2

Wait times had been 60 - 75 minutes. Finally Wednesday night the posted wait was 45 so we got in line. Actual wait was about 30 minutes. Leaving the park yesterday, Thursday, the posted wait was 35 minutes so we got in line and the actual wait was about 20 minutes. We really loved the ride the first time. The second time I would say we really liked it. It is a good ride but I think the anticipation of a new ride opening and being one of the first added to our pleasure. In the end I would say they did a really good job and it is definitely a must do ride but not ground breaking, of course no one was expecting it to be ground breaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter