DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

The open bench seats are stationary seating for persons who don't want to experience the "motion" effects of the attraction. I believe Shrek 4-D also has them. Just let a ride TM know that you need stationary seating and they will direct you appropriately.

What is the open bench seat for? Can anyone sit there if they don't like the motion?

I sat up there one day when I wasn't feeling 100%...no motion, but very extreme angle to look up for the screen view.

Just got back from a long Christmas/New years trip and hafta say, The Minions are more popular than ever! We saw posted wait times of 120-165 minutes every day...even the Express line was taking 20-30 minutes, times the likes of which we hadn't yet experienced in several trips.
Gage spent countless hours in "The Minion Dance Hall" (as he calls it)-just as happy as a clam to see his Minion buddies again! ;)

i must have been lucky.
the longest we waited for the minionions the past 4 days was 20 minutes.
regular line had waits posted at 65 minutes when we were there.

it's still a very popular ride.
one of my favorites.

My little guy might be an inch too short to ride the despicable me ride...but would he be able to go through and see the dance party thing at the end? He is gonna be super bummed

Someone with a better memory than I may wish to chime in. But from what I recall of my January visit, the dance party feeds out directly to the gift shop. I think you can just walk into the gift shop and then go into the dance party without having to wait in the ride queue at all.

Someone with a better memory than I may wish to chime in. But from what I recall of my January visit, the dance party feeds out directly to the gift shop. I think you can just walk into the gift shop and then go into the dance party without having to wait in the ride queue at all.

Exactly! As soon as each ride session ends, the crowds exit into a "Dance Area" before the gift shop. There, a minion or two, usually accompanied by a handler, come out to do an approximately three minute meet-n-greet, and then go "back-to-work"...as commanded by Boss Gru. We have spent MANY hours there with my son...it is without a doubt his favorite thing to do in Orlando. ;)

My little guy might be an inch too short to ride the despicable me ride...but would he be able to go through and see the dance party thing at the end? He is gonna be super bummed

There is stationary seating at the front of the ride. I saw someone with a baby sitting in those seats when we went in February so he will be able to go "watch" the ride and do the minions dance party on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter