Delicious Indeed!

I love your videos! Makes me feel like I'm right there with you! I've been videotaping my vacations since I was a kid, but I'm hoping to get a digital one so I can share it with everybody more!

Haha, the white car. It's a shame a lot of new cars don't have antenna's. Do you think you could get it as as add-on? I know some people just don't like it, but I LOVE those antenna toppers!

How bad was the pressure at the rental car place? I heard they try really hard to get you to get their add-ons.

Wow....what a creeper! Poor Nik!

I love your videos! Makes me feel like I'm right there with you! I've been videotaping my vacations since I was a kid, but I'm hoping to get a digital one so I can share it with everybody more!

Haha, the white car. It's a shame a lot of new cars don't have antenna's. Do you think you could get it as as add-on? I know some people just don't like it, but I LOVE those antenna toppers!

How bad was the pressure at the rental car place? I heard they try really hard to get you to get their add-ons.

Wow....what a creeper! Poor Nik!

It really is so much fun to record moments! For example, I recorded the moment that my cousins and Ray tried Beverly for the first time. I think that's a way more interesting memory than just having pictures!

There was no pressure whatsoever at the rental car place! I was amazed at that. The guy told us what they offered, and Howard said no. Then he said that if we didn't want the whole deal, there was one thing that we could pay for to cover accidents or something. We said no again, and he said, "You're okay with your own insurance?" and we said yes and that was it! No pressure at all!

Joining in! I'm also a teacher and I was at WDW the same week as you! :thumbsup2

Love finding other teachers on DIS! How did you enjoy your week? Did you think it was crowded? I've saved your TR to read!

Love finding other teachers on DIS! How did you enjoy your week? Did you think it was crowded? I've saved your TR to read!

I thought it was very very very crowded but still manageable. We still had a great time. I'm really looking forward to your TR so we can compare notes! Maybe we crossed paths...

The video of the train doors kind of reminds me of my old N64 Mission Impossible game. :laughing:

It is interesting to see the train go right past houses like that. It would be odd to have a train going right past your front yard.

It really is so much fun to record moments! For example, I recorded the moment that my cousins and Ray tried Beverly for the first time. I think that's a way more interesting memory than just having pictures!

There was no pressure whatsoever at the rental car place! I was amazed at that. The guy told us what they offered, and Howard said no. Then he said that if we didn't want the whole deal, there was one thing that we could pay for to cover accidents or something. We said no again, and he said, "You're okay with your own insurance?" and we said yes and that was it! No pressure at all!

Oh, it's great that you didn't get pressured! Nobody needs that on vacation.

Oooh, I can't wait to see them try the Bev!!!

I thought it was very very very crowded but still manageable. We still had a great time. I'm really looking forward to your TR so we can compare notes! Maybe we crossed paths...

I think because it wasn't sweltering hot, the crowds were a lot easier to manage. I hate dealing with groups of sweaty people when I'm sweaty myself! I also get a GAC for a medical condition, so that helped a good deal.

The video of the train doors kind of reminds me of my old N64 Mission Impossible game. :laughing:

It is interesting to see the train go right past houses like that. It would be odd to have a train going right past your front yard.

Wow, I haven't heard the mention of N64 in so long! Haha.

I tried imagining what it would like if I were in my bedroom looking out the window and watching a long train pass by. I'd probably be outside during some of those times and waving at the people! I had a lot of fun waving from the train!

Great trip report so far :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm so glad you're joining me!

Oh, it's great that you didn't get pressured! Nobody needs that on vacation.

Oooh, I can't wait to see them try the Bev!!!

It's probably one of my favorite videos of the trip because I just didn't expect the reaction they had!

Sunday, February 20: First Souvenir for Me!

We arrived at the outlet, but it took a while for us to find a parking spot. It was crowded! It was the weekend though, so it makes sense. We split up for a bit while we were there since Dani and Nik were loving the Forever 21, and Howard and I had one thing on our minds: PINS! Oh, and food for lunch, haha. Unfortunately, there were no 50 cent or even $1 pins. The cheapest would’ve been $2.50 for the pins that had 2 on a card for $5. That wasn’t low enough for us. I also texted another cousin back in NY if she wanted them because she had said to get some if they were inexpensive. She didn’t want them either.

Here are some shopping pictures that I took though! For example, I love this sweatshirt! I love it when there are letters that have the designs in them. If it weren't blue, I might've considered it since we were at WDW in 2010.

IMG_8593.jpg

Though there weren't pins to purchase for insanely low prices, I still had fun looking to see if there was anything that I'd want to buy to keep. These pins reminded me of Japanese Disney stuff.

IMG_8595.jpg

If this were cute, I would totally buy it just because I LOVE PhilharMagic! It wasn't cutesy enough for me. Haha, not that I only like cutesy pins, but yeah, I like the cutesy pins more!

IMG_8596.jpg

I did very much like THIS pin though because I love High School Musical! Howard and I sing the songs all the time! In actuality, we probably sing HSM3 the most just because I think it's the best! The first movie was fun but too much like Grease. Plus, it wasn't Zac Efron singing! The second movie just seemed too fake to happen because of the location. Plus, the songs weren't as good. Now HSM3 totally made it all right! Anyway, I didn't get it THIS trip ...

IMG_8597.jpg

I liked these too! A former student who graduated last year told me about DeeBees. They're little creatures that went to WDW and LOVED it so much there that they stayed there! They come out at night! Some of them love a particular land or ride and dress accordingly while others are called roamers. I thought about buying a box of mystery pins (2 in a box), but I decided against it ... at least that day!

IMG_8598.jpg

Despite not finding the cheap pins and all that, I did find something better though! There was a bag there that I remember seeing last year in the parks that I really liked. I didn’t want to get it since it was $30. Well, there were 6 at the outlet for $15! Three of them were pink, and three of them were white. I wanted the white one, but I had to think about it for a LONG time. Did I really want it? Did I really need another bag? Would it be replacing a bag I already had? Howard kept encouraging me to get it since it was 50% off, and I had wanted it during the last trip and took many pics of it. Plus, I have a thing for bags that look like bowling bags.

IMG_8599.jpg

I did eventually buy it though because it was big enough to hold the bag organizer I now use in my big winter bag (black hobo from Gap). I also needed a big summery/springy bag since I don’t like using my black bag when it’s hot out. The bag I typically use in the summer is my LeSportsac, and it won’t carry a lot of things if I need it. So I made the purchase! Yay! First purchase of the trip!

Before I close this update, I'll post some of the pics that Howard took at the Disney outlet. He liked these pins because they were the Mechanical edition, but he didn't buy any.

IMG_6251.jpg

I wonder if people to the outlet and get excited because they find the pin they wanted to buy last year!

IMG_6252.jpg

These remind me of my childhood! Remember having lunchboxes like that with a matching thermos that fit inside? I have one student who recently bought a metal lunchbox with a Tootsie Roll design on it. I love the classic look!

IMG_6255.jpg

Happy Halloween!

IMG_6256.jpg

There were lots of Pook-a-Looz around. I really liked the Sorcerer Mickey one. You can probably tell by now that we both really like Sorcerer Mickey!

IMG_6257.jpg

Well, between the two of us, we made one purchase. We couldn't think of buying any more though until we got something to eat! Hungry!

Yay for your HSM pin! :) I have to agree, I think the 3rd one is the best, followed by the 1st and then the 2nd for me.

I have never heard of the deebees. They sound interesting.

And yes, I remember having lunchboxes with the matching thermos. I had a Beauty and the Beast one. hehe

I would've been right with your cousins at the Forever 21 outlet, I love that store! I love the bag you bought too, so cute.
I have never heard of Dee Bees and now I'm super curious - the story behind them is adorable! Off to google I go....http://findthedeebees.com So sweet! :cutie:

I am looking forward to more videos!

What a great deal on that bag! I'm sure you are so glad you got it now that you are back home. :goodvibes

Looks like you saw some better things at the Disney outlet than when we went last year. I was searching for something to get and was sorely disappointed at the pickings. I did walk out that trip with a starter pin kit for DD which she used this trip. I had higher hopes though.

I have to say that I totally remember those thermos and lunchbox combos! Have you noticed that they only make the metal lunchbox replicas now without the thermos? I loved my thermos and lunchbox. I had one of the Peanuts gang.

Aww, some of those pins were so cute! I liked the lunchbox and thermos ones!

Your bag is adorable! :cool1: I wish there was a Disney outlet around here!

I had never heard of DeeBees either. I love the HSM pin and the lunch box pins. I had a 101 Dalmations lunchbox and matching thermos.

Cute bag! That's a great first purchase! :thumbsup2

That 2nd video looks like you are driving through a normal neighborhood down the road! :eek: Wonder what the property value is there! Do you remember where that was? Just curious.

Cute bag! I remember you eyeing it on your previous trip. I don't know why I didn't think of going to the outlet while there! :headache:

I actually like HSM2 the best, then 1 and then 3. I guess I just haven't watched 3 enough times yet. Have you seen the new Sharpay movie coming out? Looks cute.

Rachel, this is a really great trip report so far! I felt like I was taking the train trip with you and the crew. I'm anxious to read more, please.
Sharon

Yay for your HSM pin! :) I have to agree, I think the 3rd one is the best, followed by the 1st and then the 2nd for me.

I have never heard of the deebees. They sound interesting.

And yes, I remember having lunchboxes with the matching thermos. I had a Beauty and the Beast one. hehe

I love being able to watch a Disney movie and talk about here knowing that there are other fans as well!

I want to BE a DeeBee! Haha. I'd love to live in the parks! Although it's strange because there's a mixture of DeeBees stuff + Kingdom Keepers stuff in my head, so I'm not quite sure what to think about Disney after dark!

I was thinking yesterday about how my mom would have to wash the thermos out each day! That's pretty annoying!

Was this the Orlando Prime Outlets Disney Outlet?

Yes, I do believe it was the Orlando Prime Outlets. In my trip report notebook, it also says "formerly known as Belz" because that's what I remember from growing up and constantly having to go to the outlets with my parents!

I would've been right with your cousins at the Forever 21 outlet, I love that store! I love the bag you bought too, so cute.
I have never heard of Dee Bees and now I'm super curious - the story behind them is adorable! Off to google I go....http://findthedeebees.com So sweet! :cutie:

Forever 21 was so large, it was rather overwhelming. I knew in advance that it's fun to shop but difficult to bring everything back! I'm sure that if I really had the intention to shop, I could've! But I just had my mind set on Disney stuff! I already knew that I'd be bringing back stuff for my future apartment, so that's why I didn't look much. I DID search for layering tanks because I need new ones, but I couldn't find them.

I would never have known about DeeBees if the student didn't introduce them to me!

I am looking forward to more videos!

What a great deal on that bag! I'm sure you are so glad you got it now that you are back home. :goodvibes

More videos are definitely in the future! YES, I cannot wait for the weather to warm up a bit so that I can break out my new Disney bag!!! I love it much more than I would love any Dooney & Burke. Is that weird? Haha.

Looks like you saw some better things at the Disney outlet than when we went last year. I was searching for something to get and was sorely disappointed at the pickings. I did walk out that trip with a starter pin kit for DD which she used this trip. I had higher hopes though.

I have to say that I totally remember those thermos and lunchbox combos! Have you noticed that they only make the metal lunchbox replicas now without the thermos? I loved my thermos and lunchbox. I had one of the Peanuts gang.

Which outlet did you go to? I wish I could have a view of all the outlets before driving all the way there! I know there's definitely another one (we went there last time) that has some stuff too. But it requires searching and not having high expectations. I remember that that outlet had the Mickey bar tote bag that a lot of DISers had wanted. That would've been cool if someone who wanted it saw it at the outlet and was able to purchase it there!

Yeah, I don't see the thermos anymore. Haha, maybe because everything has to be BPA free!

Aww, some of those pins were so cute! I liked the lunchbox and thermos ones!

Your bag is adorable! :cool1: I wish there was a Disney outlet around here!

Too bad those pins weren't 50 cents. We would've picked up ALL of them, and then I could've sent them to you DISers who like 'em!

I could so do a Disney outlet somewhere here. I'd check it every few weeks when they get new shipments!

I had never heard of DeeBees either. I love the HSM pin and the lunch box pins. I had a 101 Dalmations lunchbox and matching thermos.

Cute bag! That's a great first purchase! :thumbsup2

Nice! I had a Popples lunchbox and matching thermos!

I'm especially happy because it wasn't a spontaneous purchase. Wanting something for a year totally makes it even more worth it.

That 2nd video looks like you are driving through a normal neighborhood down the road! :eek: Wonder what the property value is there! Do you remember where that was? Just curious.

Cute bag! I remember you eyeing it on your previous trip. I don't know why I didn't think of going to the outlet while there! :headache:

I actually like HSM2 the best, then 1 and then 3. I guess I just haven't watched 3 enough times yet. Have you seen the new Sharpay movie coming out? Looks cute.

I'm curious to know the property value of those places too! I don't know where we were at that point, but we were farther down south.

Having the rental car or your own car makes it so much easier to check out the outlets. When Howard and I go for our Disneymoon, we most likely won't have a car since we'll be staying on property for the first (and probably only!) time. I wonder if we'll bother doing the outlets thing. Of course, we'll want to check out the pins!

Nope, I haven't seen the new Sharpay movie that's coming out. I'll look it up later!

Rachel, this is a really great trip report so far! I felt like I was taking the train trip with you and the crew. I'm anxious to read more, please.
Sharon

Thank you so much! Glad you're here! I really try to remember to take pics of everything for readers and for myself. It's so fun being able to go back and read about past trips!

Subbing in and your bag is adorable. Still a little disney, but not too over the top!

Yay! So glad to have you here! Yup, I really like that it just looks like a polka dot bag until you look closely to notice the Mickey heads! I can't quite do a big bag with a huge Mickey on it. This is a bit above subtle, but I really love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter