• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delicious Indeed!

I love all those pins you saw! Man....if I had more disposable income, I'd go crazy with those pins. I would've bought them for 2/$5!

Ooooh, that's a really nice bag! I'm very much a bag-person and have SO MANY. I never put that much thought into getting a bag. Well, other than the travel mate I got for WDW.

Pook-a-looz! The Disney Stores up here have stopped selling them. I still see them for sale online, but I think they're being removed from the stores. I should've got some when I had the chance!

Hehe. I totally take a picture of the rental car license plate too :rotfl:

Oh goodness. Those thermos/lunch box pins are awesome. Almost makes me want to buy a pin. Almost :rotfl:

Yay for the bag! I was eying those bags last year too -but I wanted the pink one :cutie: It's really cute. How awesome that you got it for 50% off! Good thing you waited. I hate buying something and then finding it on clearance later.

I love all those pins you saw! Man....if I had more disposable income, I'd go crazy with those pins. I would've bought them for 2/$5!

Ooooh, that's a really nice bag! I'm very much a bag-person and have SO MANY. I never put that much thought into getting a bag. Well, other than the travel mate I got for WDW.

Pook-a-looz! The Disney Stores up here have stopped selling them. I still see them for sale online, but I think they're being removed from the stores. I should've got some when I had the chance!

I was thinking before that if they were 50 cents again, I could've bought them all and somehow incorporated them in my wedding! I think that would've been cute. Oh well!

I think about bags a lot before I buy them. I think about the ease of using them and how much fits in them. I think about outfits and whatnot. Haha. I'm very particular about bags. I need zippers otherwise I'm not completely comfortable, and I worry about stuff falling out or stuff being taken. I guess that's what comes along with the territory of living in NY.

Yeah, I don't see Pook-a-Looz as much anymore. I loved them when they came out, but I Just never saw the need to have another plush. Otherwise it would've been bad because pretty much all of them were so cute!

Hehe. I totally take a picture of the rental car license plate too :rotfl:

Oh goodness. Those thermos/lunch box pins are awesome. Almost makes me want to buy a pin. Almost :rotfl:

Yay for the bag! I was eying those bags last year too -but I wanted the pink one :cutie: It's really cute. How awesome that you got it for 50% off! Good thing you waited. I hate buying something and then finding it on clearance later.

I think I should take a photo of my own car license plate since I don't know the whole thing ...

It's crazy thinking about how much money one simple pin costs. I have to find a way to put my pins on display around my desktop or something so I can have fun looking at them all the time. Right now they're store in a baggie!

Ahh, I wish I knew you liked the pink one! I could've bought one for you and sent it as a "thank you for being Joanna" gift. Oh boo. If only I had known earlier!

I still have my metal Popples lunch box with the thermos inside!! My daughter wants to use it for school.:upsidedow No go on that one!

I loved Popples! I think I might still have my teeny-tiny Popples doll somewhere. Preserve those memories!

Sunday, February 20: Forget Chicken Later, I Want Chicken Now!

Our hunger started getting the better of us, and we decided to meet at the food court for lunch. Although we probably would’ve liked to have Five Guys, we didn’t because it was extremely crowded! We split up to get lunch from different places instead.

Howard and I got lunch from this place called Chicken Now. We were very intrigued by that name! We each got the small box, which was 3 chicken strips, French fries, Texas toast, and Granny’s Special Sauce. I love dips, and when you call something a special sauce, I want it even more! Haha.

IMG_8600.jpg

The food was pretty good. I didn’t expect the chicken strips to be so chicken-y. Haha, is that weird? It was really like pieces of white meat chicken! I mean, I know all chicken strips are supposed to be like that, but this was REALLY like it. I can’t really explain it with words. Maybe you can see what I mean through this picture.

IMG_8603.jpg

The sauce was pretty good. It wasn’t like a “Mmm, that’s an amazingly good sauce!” but I could probably go for some right now because it was fairly unique.

IMG_8604.jpg

The Texas toast was NOT worth the calories, however. Nope nope nope. It was just a piece of bread that was greasy with no taste.

IMG_6259.jpg

Ray ended up getting Subway. He ate half of it and brought the rest back with him. I don’t know what sandwich he had in particular. I didn't get a pic of it because he came back much later with his food.

Nik went to the Japanese place to get teriyaki chicken.

IMG_8601.jpg

Dani went to the Chinese place for something noodle-y? I don’t remember at this point, and we were sitting pretty far away from each other (we pushed 2 tables together since we had our backpacks too).

IMG_8602.jpg

During that lunch, we discussed how we had such a great car on Amtrak. The people were very quiet and subdued. I mean, we had that cell phone guy, but it wasn’t like we had people being obnoxious. Plus, our bathroom stayed pretty clean for a good amount of time. There were no weird smells or anything like that either. Thankfully, it was a great experience going down to Orlando because if it weren’t, we wouldn’t want to get back on to go home!

We really just sat and relaxed for a bit. Despite the fact that we had been sitting for quite a while, we were still exhausted and needed a break. When the guy sitting behind Nik came in, Howard said, "Look, it's a referee having lunch." I nodded because I saw him too. Howard then said, "You know he's not really a referee, right? He works at Foot Locker." Haha, I knew that already, but I thought it was so funny that he thought I believed him that I had to take a pic of the guy!

IMG_8605.jpg

Once we felt more energized with food in our systems, we decided to do a bit more shopping. The 3 of them hadn't been to the DIsney outlet yet, and of course, Howard and I wouldn't disagree with going back there because that's the ONLY reason why we go to the outlet in the first place! So back to the Disney outlet we go!

Mmmm, that chicken does look really good! Like you said, like actual pieces of chicken (LOL).

I loved Popples! I'm pretty sure I have one or two still living in my parents' attic. I may have even had a Popples lunch box at one time, but the one I really remember carrying was My Little Pony.

Those chicken strips look good! Too bad the Texas toast was not.

Agreed that the name "Chicken Now" is awesome. I live near a restaurant called "Chicken Time" and it cracks me up every time I drive by :laughing:

Mmmm that chicken looks good...extra chicken-y! :rotfl:

I see a Five Guys in the background in one of your pictures...I can't believe someone didn't go there! :eek: I could live on those burgers! :banana:

Yum that chicken looks really good! I love white meat chicken! Wish they had better sides for you though.

Okay I'm all caught up! I love your new bag! I'm glad you caved and bought it! I think you would have been upset with yourself later if you hadn't, because you wanted it so badly! I do that sometimes, and I end up worrying about whatever I didn't buy for a really long time. :)

Your videos were great! I definitely hope you have more to share, because they make me feel like I am right there on your trip with you! I have some videos from our trip I need to upload, but I haven't exactly figured out how to do it yet!

OH MY GOODNESS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Five Guys! I could seriously eat there everyday of my life, but I know if I did I would not live a very long life. It is so good though! I usually don't eat a lot of burgers, but their burgers are amazing!

Your chicken looks really good. I think I know what you mean about it being "chickeny." That's a lot of white meat! I have gotten sick of Chick Fil A lately, because I feel like when I eat there I get nothing but greasy fried fat. It's nice to see a place with a good amount of actual chicken! :thumbsup2

Mmmm, that chicken does look really good! Like you said, like actual pieces of chicken (LOL).

We were very surprised that it was a "healthy" version of chicken tenders! It was really about the chicken and not about the fried! Haha, I might actually be disappointed about that sometimes because there are days when I just want the fried ...

I loved Popples! I'm pretty sure I have one or two still living in my parents' attic. I may have even had a Popples lunch box at one time, but the one I really remember carrying was My Little Pony.

Those chicken strips look good! Too bad the Texas toast was not.

Haha, it sounds so funny for you to say you have Popples living in your parents' attic. I liked My Little Pony too! I only had 1 big one, but I had 2 of the smaller twins. Then I also had a few of the really small ones that I liked taking on vacation with me! In fact, they actually went to Florida with me!

I really wanted that Texas Toast to be good! I mean, it LOOKS good!

Agreed that the name "Chicken Now" is awesome. I live near a restaurant called "Chicken Time" and it cracks me up every time I drive by :laughing:

I think these places have to get customers because of their name and people wanting to say they've eaten there! My dad used to tell me about how one of his coworkers liked going to "Cluck U" because then he could say it!

Mmmm that chicken looks good...extra chicken-y! :rotfl:

I see a Five Guys in the background in one of your pictures...I can't believe someone didn't go there! :eek: I could live on those burgers! :banana:

Exactly! There's no other way to explain it except chicken-y!

We REALLY wanted to go to Five Guys. I've never had it before, and the 3 of them love it and wanted it. The line was just way too long. We had no patience to wait on those lines. We just needed to sit and eat! I know I'll try it eventually!

Yum that chicken looks really good! I love white meat chicken! Wish they had better sides for you though.

It was worth the money. I was happy about that. Normally when you get chicken tenders, it's not that much chicken!

Okay I'm all caught up! I love your new bag! I'm glad you caved and bought it! I think you would have been upset with yourself later if you hadn't, because you wanted it so badly! I do that sometimes, and I end up worrying about whatever I didn't buy for a really long time. :)

Your videos were great! I definitely hope you have more to share, because they make me feel like I am right there on your trip with you! I have some videos from our trip I need to upload, but I haven't exactly figured out how to do it yet!

OH MY GOODNESS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Five Guys! I could seriously eat there everyday of my life, but I know if I did I would not live a very long life. It is so good though! I usually don't eat a lot of burgers, but their burgers are amazing!

Your chicken looks really good. I think I know what you mean about it being "chickeny." That's a lot of white meat! I have gotten sick of Chick Fil A lately, because I feel like when I eat there I get nothing but greasy fried fat. It's nice to see a place with a good amount of actual chicken! :thumbsup2

That's exactly what I would have felt had I not gotten the bag. I haven't used it yet. It's actually still packed away! However, I can relax knowing that I have it, haha!

YES, more videos on their way! Lots of trading videos and a Beverly video and ride videos! I've uploaded them to Photobucket with my other pics.

I know most people like the chicken, but I want some Chick Fil A for those waffle fries! Mmmm ... craving for some really good fries and Heinz ketchup!!! Too bad I'm at home and don't have access to any right now. I mean, it is 10:05pm!

Sunday, February 20: First Souvenir for Howard!

We went back to the Disney outlet store again because the 3 of them wanted to take a look. That’s when Howard decided to buy a Vinylmation figurine for $5.99 on sale. He liked them ever since they came out, and this was a great opportunity to get one at a much cheaper price. I picked out the box for him.

IMG_8607.jpg

Howard and I thought about buying this set for our house because we do want to make our own sushi (well, our own cali rolls at least and cooked rolls!). How cute would it be to have Mickey sushi plates??? Of course, it would've been a hassle to carry it home. Plus, it was $17 and we really only needed the plates. The soy sauce/wasabi dish thing wasn't really for dipping, I don't think. And we don't need the chopsticks since I'm sure we'll have plenty! We decided to save the money to get a bigger set even if it doesn't have Mickey on it.

IMG_8608.jpg

When we went to the counter to pay, I saw this cute Cogsworth time piece! Reminded me of a little itty-bitty teeny-tiny gold Mickey clock I have. I should find that and change the battery!

IMG_8609.jpg

HF pointed this out, of course. And of course, I took a horrible picture of it because you can't even see what's on it! It's Jedi Mickey fighting Darth Goofy. That's a mighty expensive watch! But of course, it is Disney and it is a limited edition. Haha, I say that because my trust Relic watch was $40, and I bought it when I first started working.

IMG_8610.jpg

These were at the Disney outlet store too. I have no clue what they are!

IMG_8611.jpg

And here's a last look at pins that were NOT 50 cents! AGH! Oh well. Funny thing is that we completely forgot to bring the pins that we had from last trip! We didn't have ANYTHING to trade, so I kept telling Howard, "Don't look at his/her pins!" We were drawn to looking at the lanyards or hip thingies that the CMs had, but that would've been dangerous!

IMG_8612.jpg

Well that was the second time in the Disney outlet store and now Howard made HIS first souvenir purchase! Stay tuned to find out what Vinylmation design he got! I took a video of his opening it!

That chicken pic looks good (and it's only 8am!) but I do have to say that sometimes I just want the fried part too. And now that you mentioned the Chick-Fil-A waffle fries....sigh. I wish there was one closer to me.

Love that someone was drinking some Fanta in your lunch pics! I love me some Fanta!

Can't wait to see which Vinylmation was in the box.

Vinylmations for 5.99! That's a great deal. I hope you get a good one. Or at least a good trade.

Chicken Now looked like a fun place for lunch. I love Five Guys. Around here, even when there's a long line, it tends to move pretty fast, so that's a good thing.

I hope his Vinylmation addiction didn't get out of control! :laughing:

Hey there Rae! I know I read your first couple of updates and could have sworn that I commented and subscribed, but obviously I didn't :sad2:

Oh, well, I know I'm subscribed now and I'm all caught up!

I'm not sure I could ever take a train that far, I would HATE not being able to shower in the morning and I'm not sure I'd last that long without feeling sick. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though, well aside from that creepy guy trying to steal from your cousin that is! :eek:

Good for you for breaking down and buying the bag :woohoo: you know a girl can never have too many bags or too many shoes...... :rolleyes1

Can't wait to see what Howard got!

By the way, I started a new PTR, I'd love it if you came over :thumbsup2

Aww, it's so cute that you videotaped the opening of the box. What a great idea!!!

Wow, I've always wanted a vinylmation figure, but I have no place to put it. I can't wait for Andrew and I to get our own place so we can put up a glass case to showcase all our figurines. I still have stuff in boxes because I have no place for them.

All those pins look so good!

Those sushi plates are terrific! So is that little Cogsworth clock-- if we ever rent a car, I definitely want to check out the outlet. It seems there's a lot of cute stuff there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter