Delicious Indeed!

Those sushi plates are so cute! But I totally understand, not buying the set. We have a sushi set for two, but we only ever make our own sushi when we have guests, so we end up using different plates anyway.

Those key chain people kind of freak me out! Creepy!

I'm a little late, but I'm joining!

Okay, I have never gone to the Disney Outlet, but that is going to have to be a stop on my upcoming trips!

Can't wait to hear more. :thumbsup2

That chicken pic looks good (and it's only 8am!) but I do have to say that sometimes I just want the fried part too. And now that you mentioned the Chick-Fil-A waffle fries....sigh. I wish there was one closer to me.

Love that someone was drinking some Fanta in your lunch pics! I love me some Fanta!

Can't wait to see which Vinylmation was in the box.

I feel as if I haven't had unhealthy junk food in a while! Now I want some fries! Yum!

Vinylmations for 5.99! That's a great deal. I hope you get a good one. Or at least a good trade.

Chicken Now looked like a fun place for lunch. I love Five Guys. Around here, even when there's a long line, it tends to move pretty fast, so that's a good thing.

I think he did get a good one! Whether or not he kept it will have to wait!

I think it moved fairly quickly considering the amount of people that it had, but I still wasn't willing to wait on it. I just wanted food faster than that. I'm sure if we weren't as tired, we would've waited. When we finished our lunch, there were only a few people there. It was just that we had hit the lunch rush.

I hope his Vinylmation addiction didn't get out of control! :laughing:

Hehe, what's out of control :rolleyes1

Hey there Rae! I know I read your first couple of updates and could have sworn that I commented and subscribed, but obviously I didn't :sad2:

Oh, well, I know I'm subscribed now and I'm all caught up!

I'm not sure I could ever take a train that far, I would HATE not being able to shower in the morning and I'm not sure I'd last that long without feeling sick. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though, well aside from that creepy guy trying to steal from your cousin that is! :eek:

Good for you for breaking down and buying the bag :woohoo: you know a girl can never have too many bags or too many shoes...... :rolleyes1

Can't wait to see what Howard got!

By the way, I started a new PTR, I'd love it if you came over :thumbsup2

YAY!!! I'm so glad you're here!!!

It was easy to deal with the no shower thing since it was February so we weren't sweaty or anything like that. The teeth brushing thing was what bugged me. I know some people had toiletry bags and went to the bathroom, but I didn't want to spend any extra time in there if I didn't have to. The smell in the morning especially would've been worse, so I wouldn't go in there "just" to brush.

Aww, it's so cute that you videotaped the opening of the box. What a great idea!!!

Wow, I've always wanted a vinylmation figure, but I have no place to put it. I can't wait for Andrew and I to get our own place so we can put up a glass case to showcase all our figurines. I still have stuff in boxes because I have no place for them.

All those pins look so good!

I ended up taking a ton of Vinylmation videos throughout the week. After a while, I actually stopped because it was taking up so much memory!!!

Yeah, before we buy things that aren't useful, we ask ourselves where we would put it. We want our future apartment to not be cluttered, so we think about purchases. Bags, on the other hand, are extremely useful, so I really shouldn't think so much about them and just buy! Haha, just kidding.

Those sushi plates are terrific! So is that little Cogsworth clock-- if we ever rent a car, I definitely want to check out the outlet. It seems there's a lot of cute stuff there!

It's definitely worth a visit! There are others too. Might try going there first before stepping foot in a Disney park or DTD! You may be able to satisfy your desire to purchase Disney stuff for much cheaper! Plus, since we went 2 years in a row, I recognized stuff in the outlet that used to be at the stores in the parks. It's fun being able to get park stuff that way.

Those sushi plates are so cute! But I totally understand, not buying the set. We have a sushi set for two, but we only ever make our own sushi when we have guests, so we end up using different plates anyway.

Those key chain people kind of freak me out! Creepy!

Ooo, I like how you just confirmed why getting that sushi set wouldn't have been that great of a decision! I know it'll probably just be the two of us at the beginning, but just in case we have people over, we would have to use "normal" plates anyway. I'd rather get at least a set of 4. Plus, most sushi plates are very pretty anyway because of the shape and all that. It's okay if that doesn't have Mickey on it!

I'm a little late, but I'm joining!

Okay, I have never gone to the Disney Outlet, but that is going to have to be a stop on my upcoming trips!

Can't wait to hear more. :thumbsup2

Yay! So excited to have you here! I love having more DIS friends joining in on these adventures!

Going to the outlets is a definite must even if it is only for the Disney one! I mean, as long as you go in there without such high expectations, it can be really fun! There were more things that I'm sure I could've bought if I had more money, but alas, a private teacher's salary is rather minimal!

Sunday, February 20: Sun, Dragons, and Fart Machines

We left the Disney outlet and headed back into the sun. The SUN! The blinding, hot sun! Seriously, I didn't know what to do with it at that point because it was so unlike the weather in NY. It took a while to get used to it. Of course, it didn't help that I was feeling all gross from the train, AND I was wearing really warm sweatpants.

IMG_6260.jpg

And although I may have been exaggerating a bit for the pic (just a bit, haha), I wasn't the only one getting used to the sun! Don't worry. We got used to it rather quickly, and we are STILL missing it now that we've been home for a while!

IMG_8613.jpg

Florida birds are very much used to this sun!

IMG_6263.jpg

The 3 of them wanted to explore more of the outlet mall, but I was done.

IMG_6262.jpg

Here they are examining the outlet map and figuring out where else to spend some hard earned cash!

IMG_6265.jpg

I started having knee pain a few weeks before, and it was bothering me. I don’t know how I got out, but my left knee would sometimes feel like it was disconnected from the rest of me. My eyes were also stinging, and I just wanted a break. Howard and I decided to head back to the car as they headed onward. That’s one thing I don’t like about outlets – you can walk more and more to all these different sections of the outlet mall, but you have to walk all the way back to get to where you parked!

We did stop in ONE store though before we went to the car. There was a "As Seen on TV" place that enticed me because I absolutely LOVE infomercials! Seriously! I watch them on YouTube just for fun! I could totally be an actress on an infomercial that makes those melodramatic faces! I could really make a face that looks like my whole life is over just because I made a mess trying to chop some veggies!

IMG_8615.jpg

The store also had the little wooden creatures that you put together. We see them at Michaels and whatnot around here, and Howard has always been interested in them.

IMG_8616.jpg

This poor panda was knocked over!

IMG_8617.jpg

This one was pretty cool too! I imagine it'd be fun + frustrating at the same time. I always think about what you'd do with it afterwards though.

IMG_6266.jpg

But then again, having a dragon like that might be as useful as this fart machine! Yes, I did push the button. Haha.

IMG_6270.jpg

Rawr. Wait, what sound do dragons make ...

IMG_6271.jpg

This CREEPED me out!!! Don't you expect this to be a real person's head?

IMG_8618.jpg

This woman was extremely thrilled to have this hair remover.

IMG_8619.jpg

After that one store, we went back to the car because we just needed a break. We were exhausted! On the way, we saw the toy machines. Even in Florida, the $1 toy machines look more fun!

IMG_6272.jpg

I have a lot of these from different series.

IMG_8620.jpg

Well, we made it back to the car! Guess you'll have to stay tuned until the next update to see the video of Howard opening his first Vinylmation! Hehe, did you pick up on the hint of my saying his "first"?

Uh oh, I get the feeling that Howard is going to like his Vinylmation! I have to admit, they are addicting. Once you buy your first, you just want more....

Love the fart machine. A friend of mine, sadly, has one. :lmao:

You do make the best faces, you could totally pull off the overly dramatic! You may just have a future in infomercials, think of all the extra Disney money you could earn! :laughing:

I'm going to really show my age here, but I remember when those $1 toy machines were 25 cents.......

I think I posted this on your fb page but, I love infomercials too! I used to work shift work and when I had to stay up all night, all I did was watch infomercials! I could totally be a melodramatic actress in one too! :rotfl:

By 'out of control' vinylmation collection I mean, did he have to stop at every location to trade? When we were there, there were so many people that went to every store to see what they had available to trade. Obsessed!

Hurry up I dont have anymore to read and I was really into it..LOL I have vacationitis..Dr even said so..Well maybe he isnt my dr but..

Aw I love the Peek-a-Pooh's too! They're ridiculously cute.
That sunshine looks lovely right now - I'm looking at my office window at grey skies and pouring rain :crazy2:

Haha, I love the picture, reacting to the sunlight! I'm the same way in Florida at first! :rotfl:

We have one of those As seen on TV stores at our mall here in CT...I've been tempted to buy the Shake weight there! Although, now you can pretty much buy that anywhere...oh! And Heel Tastic! I really want to buy that, see if it works! :banana:

That head with the hair on it is creepy...:eek:

I did think it was a really person's head at first. That's pretty creepy. :scared1: Why was it set up next to the hair removal display?

I think I would have had a hard time stopping to shop that long. I would have wanted to hurry up and get to Disney. :rotfl:

Can't wait to see the Vinylmation! We got addicted to them but limit ourselves to one per person per trip.

We've never gone to the Disney outlet but it looks like it would be worth the trip!

I'm glad your trip is off to a good start - it looks like a great group of people to travel with!

Uh oh, I get the feeling that Howard is going to like his Vinylmation! I have to admit, they are addicting. Once you buy your first, you just want more....

Love the fart machine. A friend of mine, sadly, has one. :lmao:

It can get really addicting! And the silly thing is, they're not very useful! Haha, Disney is so smart that way ...

HAHA, how close is this friend of yours with the fart machine?!? In actuality, it's probably something another cousin has who is my age!

You do make the best faces, you could totally pull off the overly dramatic! You may just have a future in infomercials, think of all the extra Disney money you could earn! :laughing:

I'm going to really show my age here, but I remember when those $1 toy machines were 25 cents.......

I think I should quit my job as a teacher and go into infomercial acting! HAHA. That'd be a lot easier. I do make a lot of wacky faces at school; that's probably why I have so much practice!

It's not really showing your age at all! I remember the 25 cents days. I also remember when it went to 50 cents. Now it's just insane! Of course, the quality of those toys are way better than those big gaudy plastic rings I used to look at or the rubber bouncing balls!

I think I posted this on your fb page but, I love infomercials too! I used to work shift work and when I had to stay up all night, all I did was watch infomercials! I could totally be a melodramatic actress in one too! :rotfl:

By 'out of control' vinylmation collection I mean, did he have to stop at every location to trade? When we were there, there were so many people that went to every store to see what they had available to trade. Obsessed!

We can be famous together!!!

Haha, well, let's just say it wasn't just Howard that got into it ... (haha, no, it wasn't me!).

Hurry up I dont have anymore to read and I was really into it..LOL I have vacationitis..Dr even said so..Well maybe he isnt my dr but..

Haha, I love your comment! I'll post another update tomorrow morning! So far I've been consistent with it. I wonder how long that'll last! I totally have vacationitis too. I'm hating this NY weather!

Aw I love the Peek-a-Pooh's too! They're ridiculously cute.
That sunshine looks lovely right now - I'm looking at my office window at grey skies and pouring rain :crazy2:

Yes, this rain is driving me nutso! And we had parent teacher conferences tonight, so I had to come home to drop off my brother and then go back out again! Blech. They should close school tomorrow, haha. I could REALLY use some Florida sun!

Haha, I love the picture, reacting to the sunlight! I'm the same way in Florida at first! :rotfl:

We have one of those As seen on TV stores at our mall here in CT...I've been tempted to buy the Shake weight there! Although, now you can pretty much buy that anywhere...oh! And Heel Tastic! I really want to buy that, see if it works! :banana:

That head with the hair on it is creepy...:eek:

It really was so so so bright! I never liked it as a kid. I'm making up for it now!

I love food infomercials the most! Some of them are hilarious because when they taste the food that was made in the microwave or whatever, they make it seem like it's the best tasting food ever!

I did think it was a really person's head at first. That's pretty creepy. :scared1: Why was it set up next to the hair removal display?

I think I would have had a hard time stopping to shop that long. I would have wanted to hurry up and get to Disney. :rotfl:

I have no clue why it was set up next to the hair removal display! That creepy head was showing how that hair thingie worked!

Haha, we knew we weren't going to WDW that day, so we were fine taking our time since we couldn't check in yet anyway! They bought 2-day tickets, and Howard and I had our no expiration tickets. We use our day wisely!

Can't wait to see the Vinylmation! We got addicted to them but limit ourselves to one per person per trip.

We've never gone to the Disney outlet but it looks like it would be worth the trip!

I'm glad your trip is off to a good start - it looks like a great group of people to travel with!

Ooo, that's smart. I think Howard would've limited himself except for the fact that it was at the outlet and trading is really fun!

It definitely was a great group! I can't wait to share more of our adventures with you!

Great first day (so far!) - I love the bag you got - what color did you end up getting? Can't wait to see what vinylmation Howard got.

That's too bad the texas toast wasn't tasty! I loooove texas toast and I really wish more places in NY serve it. I had the best sandwich one year when I had a layover in Utah. It was a BLT in texas toast and even though it was in the airport in a non-descript food court, it was just soooo good!!

I know what you mean about outlet malls and the pain about having to park really far away. I rarely go to woodbury but when I do go, I find it very troublesome. That's why I only go infrequently :)

Can't wait for more!!

haha, did Howard get sucked into the vinylmation craze too? So addicting! I wonder how many he got. You are so right though, they're completely pointless but Disney got me hooked. :rolleyes::headache:

Great first day (so far!) - I love the bag you got - what color did you end up getting? Can't wait to see what vinylmation Howard got.

That's too bad the texas toast wasn't tasty! I loooove texas toast and I really wish more places in NY serve it. I had the best sandwich one year when I had a layover in Utah. It was a BLT in texas toast and even though it was in the airport in a non-descript food court, it was just soooo good!!

I know what you mean about outlet malls and the pain about having to park really far away. I rarely go to woodbury but when I do go, I find it very troublesome. That's why I only go infrequently :)

Can't wait for more!!

I ended up getting the black and white one. It's just easier to match because I use the same bags all the time!

I hate that the Texas toast LOOKED good! It was so deceiving! Taking a bite out of it was exciting, but then it just fell flat. Mmm, I could imagine how yummy a BLT is on good Texas toast!!!

My parents loved outlets! That's what we'd go to all the way down to Florida. We would stop at about 4 of them. I hated it because my dad would park near Nike, and the stores my mom or I were interested in were very far away!

haha, did Howard get sucked into the vinylmation craze too? So addicting! I wonder how many he got. You are so right though, they're completely pointless but Disney got me hooked. :rolleyes::headache:

Haha, it wasn't just Howard who got sucked in either! This trip focused a LOT on Vinylmation! He didn't get that many; my cousin, however ... haha. They're completely pointless but the mystery aspect is so so so enticing!!! As is the trading! It was funny because we saw the keychain ones that also cost a good chunk of change, and I was like, "Sarah and her sisters each got one on their last trip!"

Sunday, February 20: Opening the Vinylmation!

We got back to the car and noticed just how crowed the outlet was! All these cars parked on the grass despite the sign!

IMG_8621.jpg

Howard and I enjoyed just sitting down. That is, until all these bugs were trying to fly into the car! We eventually had to close the doors and then we had to close most of the windows. But then we started getting really hot and stuffy!

We had fun watching what people were doing around us. There was a big van that tried to park on the grassy part (it was such a packed lot that people were doing that). It was one of those like, 15 seat vans. The driver went into the “spot” and was so crooked. When she tried to back out, it wasn’t really possible because the vehicle was so long, so she just left it crooked! We wondered how the person next to her would get out.

IMG_8624.jpg

Then a slightly scary part was when the car to my right was getting ready to leave. There was a family in the car waiting for a while to park in that spot. Once the original car pulled out, a different car just zipped right in! It belonged to a younger guy maybe in his 20s. The mom of the waiting car got out and said, “That’s not right! We’ve been waiting here for 10 minutes! You better move your car out! I have kids in the car, and we’ve been waiting her for that spot!” The stupid young guy just looked at her, locked his car, and walked away. I was even angry about that. I wish there could’ve been something I could’ve done. You know, like poke a hole in a tire or something … grrr. No, I’d never do it, but I just couldn’t believe his nerve!

IMG_8626.jpg

The best part of sitting in the car other than observing people's behavior and jotting down some notes in my trip report notebook was watching Howard open up his first Vinylmation! I recorded it on video so that I could capture his reaction!

He got Cinderella Castle! That Vinylmation stayed on that part of the car for a few days. It was just sturdy and firmly in place! Just like the real castle!

IMG_6274.jpg

Well, the two of us got really tired of the heat, so we decided to head back out. I mean, the stuffy car must've really been bugging me because I kinda went crazy and gave myself a pen tattoo!

IMG_6276.jpg

Haha, I don't know what I was thinking, but I just started drawing on myself as a joke and then I kept going and made it into a heart!

IMG_6277.jpg

But then I took out antibacterial spray to wash it off.

IMG_6278.jpg

I guess we had better get out and get some air! The other reason why was because after some debate, Howard decided to get another one, so we headed back there. Yup, we were going back to the Disney outlet store for the THIRD TIME!

You guys are too funny. I like how Howard looks so intrigued before he opened the box. :laughing: "Do I just tear the box?" Atleast you didn't get the ugly one! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter