December 7, 2013 - Winter Fantasy Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I don't have that much...I have'nt been using any credit cards for awhile and recently started using the Disney to get points (nothing like waiting till the last minute) so by the time we cruise I should only have like 60 points....but at least that is an extra 60 toward excursions :thumbsup2

:rolleyes2 I cant even imagine, I looked into getting a rental just in Florida and to me it was crazy.....

Check out EZ Rent a car. we use them all the time and find their rates are much lower than the others.

Check out EZ Rent a car. we use them all the time and find their rates are much lower than the others.

thanks, I will check into them. I still may just go with a limo service then I wont need to drop off at the terminal on the day we head back to cold, snowy, blustery Chicago :crazy2: :hyper:

I did get the park n cruise at the Radisson, as they told me it was the best price, but I dont have a car?? It may work??

:rolleyes2 I cant even imagine, I looked into getting a rental just in Florida and to me it was crazy.....[/QUOTE]

I booked a 4-day rental through Costco--total $186. Didn't think that was too bad. I'll check the price between now and then just in case there are any better deals.:car:

thanks, I will check into them. I still may just go with a limo service then I wont need to drop off at the terminal on the day we head back to cold, snowy, blustery Chicago :crazy2: :hyper:

I did get the park n cruise at the Radisson, as they told me it was the best price, but I dont have a car?? It may work??
We use Disney transportation to/from the port. The price is not unreasonable--and it makes it soooo easy!

It's the one way rental charge from Seattle to Anaheim that I'm not liking :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Are you trying to book directly online? Sometimes the rental agencies run specials when they need to relocate cars. If you are able to call them, I would, you never know what kind of deal they can offer. My cousin got a deal for 7.00 a day to drive from Orlando to Philadelphia.

One-way rentals are always more but I wonder if taking the car to another state makes it worse???

I've read on various forums and threads it's often cheaper LA-Seattle but dearer the opposite. Probably because most people fly out of LA and the car places need the cats brought back :)

Are you trying to book directly online? Sometimes the rental agencies run specials when they need to relocate cars. If you are able to call them, I would, you never know what kind of deal they can offer. My cousin got a deal for 7.00 a day to drive from Orlando to Philadelphia.

I did consider a relocation but they generally want them back quick smart. We have a week or so to get back to Anaheim and plan to tour down to SF then overnight between SF and Anaheim as we've done that route before. I should contact them direct to ask if they could do a deal for a week though.

School holidays started for us yesterday :) Two weeks of no real commitments :)

Hoping today turns out better than yesterday. I have really grown to hate the Philadelphia area and yesterday just iced the cake. Normal drive to my sisters is an hour, 30 minutes to the bridge and another 30 to her house. I left the house at 3:15. 2 hours to just get to the ramp for the bridge and still had to deal with the bumper to bumper traffic across the bridge and the highway after crossing.

So, after all that I missed my niece's graduation (started at 6)... was not a happy camper (we are very close.) it's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I turned around at that point and headed home, just couldn't deal with the stress. It was easier for me to miss the whole thing rather that get there too late to see her. But she called me right after so that made me feel good.

Today, I am leaving now (8am), the party starts at 1:00. If I am late for the party, you will see me on the national news....

done venting... putting on my happy face today...

Hoping today turns out better than yesterday. I have really grown to hate the Philadelphia area and yesterday just iced the cake. Normal drive to my sisters is an hour, 30 minutes to the bridge and another 30 to her house. I left the house at 3:15. 2 hours to just get to the ramp for the bridge and still had to deal with the bumper to bumper traffic across the bridge and the highway after crossing.

So, after all that I missed my niece's graduation (started at 6)... was not a happy camper (we are very close.) it's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I turned around at that point and headed home, just couldn't deal with the stress. It was easier for me to miss the whole thing rather that get there too late to see her. But she called me right after so that made me feel good.

Today, I am leaving now (8am), the party starts at 1:00. If I am late for the party, you will see me on the national news....

sorry to hear you missed the graduation....I hate traffic also...

but enjoy your day today have fun :)

Such a disappointment! Hope your day goes well today. I noticed a lot more traffic around here yesterday afternoon and wondered if people are going out of town to celebrate the summer solstice???

I did consider a relocation but they generally want them back quick smart. We have a week or so to get back to Anaheim and plan to tour down to SF then overnight between SF and Anaheim as we've done that route before. I should contact them direct to ask if they could do a deal for a week though.

What dates do you plan to be in the SF Bay area?

We just booked our cruise the other day. We switched from NCL Breakaway. We were supposed to go on from NY, but after spending the a week in Disney in May and having issues with NCL, We decided to go with the sure thing and book a Disney Cruise. We are so looking forward to it. So are the kids!:cool1:

We just booked our cruise the other day. We switched from NCL Breakaway. We were supposed to go on from NY, but after spending the a week in Disney in May and having issues with NCL, We decided to go with the sure thing and book a Disney Cruise. We are so looking forward to it. So are the kids!:cool1:

:welcome: gr8estg8r

I'm Denise and traveling with my friend Sue, DH was booked to go, but some health issues are keeping him from going, so my friend Sue is coming along...

glad to have you join us.

when Chuck gets back on (Philatiger) he will have you sign up to our roll call..

We are all looking really forward to this trip....my first time on the Fantasy..so excited:hyper: to see the ship.

:banana:

:welcome: It's going to be a blast!!!
It's just me and DH on this cruise!! We love cruising with DCL!!

Just watched the Fantasy sail out of Port Canaveral.......I never get tired of that sight, though I do prefer the sight from onboard her as she sails out! ;)

:welcome: Looking forward to this cruise too, but I have another trip to WDW coming in just over a week.

Can't wait to see the BC.

Go Blackhawks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter