December 5, 2013 - 3 night Dream Cruise

Hi there FE friends We did just upgrade our room and I dont have my new room # yet It was only $86 more to change from inside to verandah so we are no longer in room 9667 and as soon as I get my new room I will have our wonderful leader Leslie update the spreadsheet. Getting excited even after sailing so many times still exciting:cheer2:

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if everyone is ok with international candies. We are from South America and we want to give our FE friends some traditional candies :). We would pick candies with labels translated to english if you think that's better.

Is it too late to join and do the FE thing??? Just booked last minute. In Orlando for business and decided to take the family and do a cruise too:)

Oh man!!! I just back tracked and realized you closed up the list a few weeks already. Oh well. Happy packing!!!

Is anyone dressing up for Pirate Night?

Yes! Just found this thread. We're boarding ON my DD's 16th birthday. Very excited. We got one of the double porthole rooms, looking forward to that.

You won't be able to miss me on pirate night - full pirate regalia including a zombie parrot (no I'm not a scary zombie pirate, just the bird). I made the jacket out of fabric I thought looked amazing, however it didn't occur to me until later that upholstery fabric doesn't really breath. Oh well! :)

Just wanted to say hi :wave:!

I'll be cruising with my friend (girls cruise again) and we couldn't pass up the IGT rate so we booked a few days ago. We actually just cruised together in Sept on the Dream but who's counting (it's actually my 4th time on the Dream). :scratchin

Just curious - are any of you guys still waiting on cabin assignments? I'm not sure how many booked the *GT rates offered. The last time my family booked an OGT rate at 30 days out, we didn't get our cabin assigned until 6 days before we sailed so that's the hard part - waiting.

Just curious if anyone else is still waiting too?

Have a great weekend,
Heather

Just wanted to say hi :wave:!

I'll be cruising with my friend (girls cruise again) and we couldn't pass up the IGT rate so we booked a few days ago. We actually just cruised together in Sept on the Dream but who's counting (it's actually my 4th time on the Dream). :scratchin

Just curious - are any of you guys still waiting on cabin assignments? I'm not sure how many booked the *GT rates offered. The last time my family booked an OGT rate at 30 days out, we didn't get our cabin assigned until 6 days before we sailed so that's the hard part - waiting.

Just curious if anyone else is still waiting too?

Have a great weekend,
Heather

We are still waiting :sad1:

I hope you get your stateroom assignments soon! I suppose if it comes down to it, we'll need a plan to meet up or get the room number to others. Maybe you can shoot out a quick email prior to leaving port and one of us can put a post-it up with your room. This will work for those who upgrade at port too.

Hello everybody, my name is Paul - and I'm a mouseaholic.

I am right on the verge of booking this 3 night cruise, I will know by Tuesday midday. :)

Do you have an FE list yet?

Hoping to sail with you on the 5th!

I've read some, but not yet all, of the previous ten pages - but does anybody have any specific questions? Especially first timers?

=^..^=

Hello!

This is our first Disney cruise and we are super excited. We are still working on our FE gifts and have a few questions. Do we have a. Specific day we deliver to the cabins? Do we a gift for each day? I guess I probably should've asked these question months ago! Ugh! Thanks!!

Ive seen various - and it's up to the FE group to decide. Remember, this is a game, there are no rules. It's for fun.

Some groups do one gift per cabin, some have done per family name in a vcabin, some have done one per person in a cabin (most common, I believe) and some have done numerous gifts over numerous days (expensive and time consuming if it's a big group).

Some folks give "emergency items" such as band aids, safety pins, hand was etc - pointless on last day - others give mugs, keyrings, trinkets, Oooh shiny! stuff that can be given any day.

Part of the battle would be dependant on what information you have about each person or cabin on the FE list.

Where IS the spreadsheet - anybody have a link, please?

=^..^=

(If anyone cares - have done Disney Dream 3 night on October 3rd 2013 and November 7th 2013).

Ive seen various - and it's up to the FE group to decide. Remember, this is a game, there are no rules. It's for fun. Some groups do one gift per cabin, some have done per family name in a vcabin, some have done one per person in a cabin (most common, I believe) and some have done numerous gifts over numerous days (expensive and time consuming if it's a big group). Some folks give "emergency items" such as band aids, safety pins, hand was etc - pointless on last day - others give mugs, keyrings, trinkets, Oooh shiny! stuff that can be given any day. Part of the battle would be dependant on what information you have about each person or cabin on the FE list.
Thanks for responding! :)

My husband and I just booked this cruise as a last minute christmas present to ourselves!

Are there not enough new players to consider re-opening the (or starting a second) membership group for the fish extender?

Of course, folks that were in the original list may have already made their final preparations and bought sufficient items to complete their gifts - but others may not have finished yet, others may have made "spares" already?

Late players would simply have to accept that they probably will not get the full value.

Is anybody interested in a second (short) list?

Are there not enough new players to consider re-opening the (or starting a second) membership group for the fish extender? Of course, folks that were in the original list may have already made their final preparations and bought sufficient items to complete their gifts - but others may not have finished yet, others may have made "spares" already? Late players would simply have to accept that they probably will not get the full value. Is anybody interested in a second (short) list?

If it's not too late too coordinate I'd be interested in a second FE list. I only found this thread last week and by then the FE group was closed. If you manage to out together a second group count me in!

I have thrown together a second list - but the ship sails TWO WEEKS TODAY - so everybody has to accept that most things will not be fancy.

I would expect that the majority of cruisers in list 1 have spent ages putting their stuff together and calculating how many lumps of this, how many yards of that and how many packets of the other they needed to make their original gifts.

Some of these folks MIGHT join in and bring you an FE gift or two - some will not.

You should be able to enter your details directly to the spreadsheet if you want to join in. You just supply the names and numbers, I will do the pretty colours for you if you need help. There are examples there to guide you, and I've entered my (and my travel buddy) cabin already.

Disboards will not allow me to post a link to the spreadsheet until I'm old enough (10 posts) but if you email me at squeakmail at gmail dot com (make that into email format) I can send you the link by return.

Okay I think I've successfully added myself and my dd to the second list. I will make an FE tomorrow night. I already have a pretty good idea what would be a good FE gift as we have a travel store across the street at the outlets going out of business!! It won't be handmade but should be handy. :)

I have thrown together a second list - but the ship sails TWO WEEKS TODAY - so everybody has to accept that most things will not be fancy.

I would expect that the majority of cruisers in list 1 have spent ages putting their stuff together and calculating how many lumps of this, how many yards of that and how many packets of the other they needed to make their original gifts.

Some of these folks MIGHT join in and bring you an FE gift or two - some will not.

You should be able to enter your details directly to the spreadsheet if you want to join in. You just supply the names and numbers, I will do the pretty colours for you if you need help. There are examples there to guide you, and I've entered my (and my travel buddy) cabin already.

Disboards will not allow me to post a link to the spreadsheet until I'm old enough (10 posts) but if you email me at squeakmail at gmail dot com (make that into email format) I can send you the link by return.

Hey Paul!! I'll keep you posted, ASAP :)

Heather

Hi there FE friends We did just upgrade our room and I dont have my new room # yet It was only $86 more to change from inside to verandah so we are no longer in room 9667 and as soon as I get my new room I will have our wonderful leader Leslie update the spreadsheet. Getting excited even after sailing so many times still exciting:cheer2:

We are still in 9667 to my FE Group we didnt change afterall. Location of the other room was not so good. So we are happily in our original room. I know its in the end of the ship hope everyone finds us there. We are ready to go and all gifts are bagged up:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter