December 22, 2013 - Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

Hi all! I was, then wasn't, now AM cruising for Christmas. I am so excited. It'll be my sis, DBIL and two nieces plus me. We won't be doing the FE but I'd like to join the meet and greet if there is one.

My nieces are 18 and 20. Anyone else sailing with kids around that age?

Kathy
Geri - sis
Jim - DBIL
Allie - niece
Katie - niece

Welcome back :)
I will be 20 on the cruise also :)

Hi all! I was, then wasn't, now AM cruising for Christmas. I am so excited. It'll be my sis, DBIL and two nieces plus me. We won't be doing the FE but I'd like to join the meet and greet if there is one.

My nieces are 18 and 20. Anyone else sailing with kids around that age?

Kathy
Geri - sis
Jim - DBIL
Allie - niece
Katie - niece

Yea! Glad you're back!!:banana: We'll get your added to the Roll Call and we plan to meet up at 2:45 ish on Sail Away Day at the Vista Cafe on Deck 4.

Platinum/Concierge and Gold Check-In & Booking Onboard Fun and Port Adventures window NOW OPEN!:boat:

:hourglass 2 Weeks until Silver Check-In & Booking Onboard Fun and Port Adventures:hourglass

:hourglass 4 Weeks until First Timers Check-In & Booking Onboard Fun and Port Adventures:hourglass

Yea! Glad you're back!!:banana: We'll get your added to the Roll Call and we plan to meet up at 2:45 ish on Sail Away Day at the Vista Cafe on Deck 4.

It took some financial sleight-of-hand to pay ahead of time but I did it. Can't wait to meet the group. I'm a happy camper!!!!

So what type of activities are you all booking? I still have 4 weeks until we can book anything but I'd love to hear some ideas/suggestions. Anyone want to share their itinerary? Is anyone booking anything in Nassau? I'm torn about doing a dolphin experience (not sure how I feel about that) or just doing a quick hop-off to say we saw it and then hop back on the ship. I've been to the Bahamas so I could honestly care less if I see it or not but my kids have never been there so I don't want to regret them not seeing it.

What about at Castaway Cay? What are the "must do" activities there?

I'm getting so excited!!

We're going on our own in Nassau to the sheraton resort near the port. We were looking for a laid back day and it seemed to fit the bill. We'll probably go to Señor Frogs as I promised the nieces a legal drink.

My only must do at CC is the 5K (walking) believe it or not. The rest of the day will be spent lolling about with the occasional conch cooler rewarding myself. LOL.

We're going on our own in Nassau to the sheraton resort near the port. We were looking for a laid back day and it seemed to fit the bill. We'll probably go to Señor Frogs as I promised the nieces a legal drink.

My only must do at CC is the 5K (walking) believe it or not. The rest of the day will be spent lolling about with the occasional conch cooler rewarding myself. LOL.

Sounds like a perfect vacation! :thumbsup2

I wish I could do the 5k but I've been told my 9 year old DD will be too young so I'll have to hang back with her while DH and DS run it. Guess I'll have to go on another cruise when she is old enough to run it!

So what type of activities are you all booking? I still have 4 weeks until we can book anything but I'd love to hear some ideas/suggestions. Anyone want to share their itinerary? Is anyone booking anything in Nassau? I'm torn about doing a dolphin experience (not sure how I feel about that) or just doing a quick hop-off to say we saw it and then hop back on the ship. I've been to the Bahamas so I could honestly care less if I see it or not but my kids have never been there so I don't want to regret them not seeing it.

What about at Castaway Cay? What are the "must do" activities there?

I'm getting so excited!!

DSis n I n some family n friends are doin the water park in Nassau. Looking forward to that.

As far as Castaway we enjoy the beach. I will be taking DS parasailing...I loved it, it is so beautiful.

I am super excited n need the time to fly by faster:cool1:

Sounds like a perfect vacation! :thumbsup2

I wish I could do the 5k but I've been told my 9 year old DD will be too young so I'll have to hang back with her while DH and DS run it. Guess I'll have to go on another cruise when she is old enough to run it!

I've read on other threads younger kids can run, just unofficially. She wouldn't get the bib or "medal'" I'm told. I'm sure it's a liability issue but you might check once on board. :-)

Grooovertoo, would you please remove me (MaggieDoodle) from the FE list? We have had to cancel this cruise. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

DSis n I n some family n friends are doin the water park in Nassau. Looking forward to that.

As far as Castaway we enjoy the beach. I will be taking DS parasailing...I loved it, it is so beautiful.

I am super excited n need the time to fly by faster:cool1:

We are hoping to do the parasailing as well. I love that you can do it tandem, it's the only way I'll be able to get my DS to do it! Well, it's the only way I'd let him do it! :)

I figured I would get at least a weekly countdown going for this, since the days until the cruise is just depressing.

98 WEEKS TO GO!!!

Well. I started this countdown over 80 weeks ago and to make things better we turned it into a Friday countdown. Since the last Friday before we will be cruising is Decmeber 20th I'm going to convert the countdown back to weeks to go.

:santa:14 Weeks to go!:santa:

Well. I started this countdown over 80 weeks ago and to make things better we turned it into a Friday countdown. Since the last Friday before we will be cruising is Decmeber 20th I'm going to convert the countdown back to weeks to go.

:santa:14 Weeks to go!:santa:

:jumping1:

Since you are a Castaway Club member I would call the dedicated line at 800-449-3380, have your CC member #, your resi #, and they should be able to put two and two together. Also, check online under the Castaway Club log-in and see what it shows under your member # and if your resi is listed there or not. It should be just a matter of connecting the dots. Let us know how it goes.

Well after a total of 1 1/2 hours on hold I am happy to say I can now book things. Turns out that DCL did not have my CC number mainly because two different Costco agents dropped the ball. Thanks to Christopher it is all straightened out. Thanks Dave!

We would like to join the roll-call and the FE group. We are family of 3 (2 adults and DS3). Our cabin# is 5650. This will be our 4th cruise with Disney and we are so looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter