December 2015 Help Thread - What To See & Do (Crowd Calendar Added)

Still Trying to decide- DHS/Epcot 12/19 and MK 12/20 or DHS/Epcot 12/20 and MK 12/21?

For our HS/Epcot/HS day how should we handle FP+? We want to ride TSMM, ToT, RnR, Soarin, and TT for sure but I know we can't get FP+ for all of them. I know we can't split them and I am assuming we won't be able to get 4th FP when we hop for TT or Soarin since it will be so crowded! What to do?

Newbie here again going Dec 20-29. Need help with understanding how long ADR's take to be able to plan fast passes, fireworks... etc.

For a 10:30 ADR at Tusker House on Christmas day, what time would we have to be there and how long will brunch there take?
For BOG lunch at 11:00, what time to arrive, and how long will that experience take?
For 'Ohana we have 7:35pm ADR, what time to arrive, how long does that take, and would we be able to see fireworks at dinner or after on beach?
For California Grill, 8:45 ADR, what time to arrive, how long does that take and would we see fireworks during dinner or is there a place to see after?
give your self atleast 1 1/2 hours for each dinners the lunch mabey an hour and tusker house is quick......but it also depends how much you want to sit and enjoy your surroundings

We are at the CR Dec 23-29, and I am planning to go against all of the crowd calendars and go to the MK on Christmas Day 8-). I've always wanted to be there that day, and since we're staying right next door it seems to good to pass up. I have appointments at the Harmony Barbershop at 10:30 and 11:00 for haircuts for my DH, DS2 and DS5 and an ADR for the CP at 12:15. I planned to make our 3 FP+ around those, probably one before the haircuts and 2 after lunch (or all 3 after lunch), and after those we would walk back to the CR to relax and have dinner at CM. That's all I planned to do, other than make sure we get some family pictures from the MK on Christmas. So is this do-able, or am i crazy? What are the chances that the MK will be closed for capacity by 9:30-10:00? I am thinking of trying to not take a bag or stroller and we will walk from the CR, will that help as much as I am hoping it will as far as lines to get in? I'm thinking no monorail or ferry and no bag check line, so it shouldn't be too bad to get in? I'm not expecting a regular day at the MK, just a chance to soak in the ambience of the MK on Christmas with a lunch with Pooh and 3 rides thanks to FP+. Will it work??

I would RD DHS and do TSM followed by RnRC then ToT. Use FP for Soarin and single rider for TT.

I agree with this approach. Even in December you should be able to accomplish TSMM, RnRC and ToT without having to wait too long for anything as long as you are there for park opening.

Okay thanks! I am afraid since we plan to stay at MVMCP until midnight the night before and HS has EMH at 8 am we won't make it that early!

FYI, garden grill opened today for candle light processional lunch and breakfast. Great way for a character meal plus tickets to processional. Remember if you call in, you have your choice of processional times. Online you don't get to pick.

It's 2, but the breakfast is $35? So I'm paying OOP. Between CRT, dinner at BOG and fantasmic at HV, my dining credits are disappearing fast.

Hi all, I'm trying to post this in a few threads to get some help with my trip...we're planning a surprise return to WDW, and a first trip for our newborn and my mother!
Our crew: DH, me, DS(9), DS(6), DD(4), DS(2), DD(4mo!) and my mom, on her very first visit!
We're at Pop, and have 5 day non-PH tickets, not planning for AK at all

THU26: arrive/sleep
FRI27: swim and decorations
SAT28: EP
SUN29: MK (close @7p, not getting MVMCP tix)
MON30: HS (RD/Star Wars) ***this is DS9's 10th bday, so we will RUN to get signed up for Jedi training!!
TUES01: ???
WED02: MK (All day, late night)
THU03: hang out/depart late afternoon

I'd love to figure out what days the Osborne Lights are going to be happening at HS (every night?) and the Candlelight Procession at EP (again, every night?), and any super awesome ideas for the DS's birthday, since again this whole trip is a surprise for the kiddos.

Thank you all SO much, I appreciate any help and magic you can send my way!

Hi all, I'm trying to post this in a few threads to get some help with my trip...we're planning a surprise return to WDW, and a first trip for our newborn and my mother!
Our crew: DH, me, DS(9), DS(6), DD(4), DS(2), DD(4mo!) and my mom, on her very first visit!
We're at Pop, and have 5 day non-PH tickets, not planning for AK at all

THU26: arrive/sleep
FRI27: swim and decorations
SAT28: EP
SUN29: MK (close @7p, not getting MVMCP tix)
MON30: HS (RD/Star Wars) ***this is DS9's 10th bday, so we will RUN to get signed up for Jedi training!!
TUES01: ???
WED02: MK (All day, late night)
THU03: hang out/depart late afternoon

I'd love to figure out what days the Osborne Lights are going to be happening at HS (every night?) and the Candlelight Procession at EP (again, every night?), and any super awesome ideas for the DS's birthday, since again this whole trip is a surprise for the kiddos.

Thank you all SO much, I appreciate any help and magic you can send my way!
During your stay Osborne Lights and Candlelight Procession will take place. Osborne Lights is ongoing during the evening (lighting is at 6 PM) but you can wander through at any point up until closing. Candlelight Procession has several showings each evening with the last show on the 29th. Here is a link to more info http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/candlelight_processional.htm

During your stay Osborne Lights and Candlelight Procession will take place. Osborne Lights is ongoing during the evening (lighting is at 6 PM) but you can wander through at any point up until closing. Candlelight Procession has several showings each evening with the last show on the 29th. Here is a link to more info http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/candlelight_processional.htm
Also Osborne lights runs every night until January 3rd - so you should be fine

Thank you for the info! If we don't get the meal + Candlelight Procession package, do you know how early we should be lining up? Not sure where/how this all works but definitely on a budget with such a huge crew so another TS meal isn't necessarily in our plans. Thanks :)

Thank you for the info! If we don't get the meal + Candlelight Procession package, do you know how early we should be lining up? Not sure where/how this all works but definitely on a budget with such a huge crew so another TS meal isn't necessarily in our plans. Thanks :)
I know at that time of year they recommend lining up very early. I've heard reports that people line up hours in advance. Last year they handed out wrist bands mid-day which basically provided you the same luxury of having a seat without having to do the dining package. Even with the package or wrist band, I know people still recommend lining up 30+ minutes in advance. I do not know if they will offer wrist bands again this year. We went ahead and did the dining package. I cringe at giving up two TS credits but figured it is better than waiting for hours in line. I view it as $30+ for dinner and $30+ for a "ticket". Also, if you aren't aware - you can always share meals on the dining plan or pay for something OOP to help TS credits go further. In other words, not everyone at the table has to use a TS credit at every TS restaurant. Since you have some young kids, this might help as sharing could be an option. (Of course buffets and price fixed / family style restaurants as well as dining packages like Fantasmic and Candlelight- this won't work) I know we have 6 TS credits but 7 TS meals when counting the 2 for the candlelight package. Everyone in our family will choose one restaurant to not use their TS credit and we'll pay OOP - they might order a less expensive item like a sandwich or perhaps just an appetizer or dessert - or share (but mine are 2 teenage boys and the DH so not sure it they will be up to that this time around)

Not sure if your DH would be up to it or not but maybe it could be something you do with your Mom since your kids are so young.

I know at that time of year they recommend lining up very early. I've heard reports that people line up hours in advance. Last year they handed out wrist bands mid-day which basically provided you the same luxury of having a seat without having to do the dining package. Even with the package or wrist band, I know people still recommend lining up 30+ minutes in advance. I do not know if they will offer wrist bands again this year. We went ahead and did the dining package. I cringe at giving up two TS credits but figured it is better than waiting for hours in line. I view it as $30+ for dinner and $30+ for a "ticket". Also, if you aren't aware - you can always share meals on the dining plan or pay for something OOP to help TS credits go further. In other words, not everyone at the table has to use a TS credit at every TS restaurant. Since you have some young kids, this might help as sharing could be an option. (Of course buffets and price fixed / family style restaurants as well as dining packages like Fantasmic and Candlelight- this won't work) I know we have 6 TS credits but 7 TS meals when counting the 2 for the candlelight package. Everyone in our family will choose one restaurant to not use their TS credit and we'll pay OOP - they might order a less expensive item like a sandwich or perhaps just an appetizer or dessert - or share (but mine are 2 teenage boys and the DH so not sure it they will be up to that this time around)

Not sure if your DH would be up to it or not but maybe it could be something you do with your Mom since your kids are so young.
haha I can understand the teenagers not willing to share a meal!
we didn't do the dining plan :/ unless it's free, it's just so much cheaper to do garden grocer and carry sandwiches every day, just getting one meal "out" per day...probably just doing 2 TS, whispering canyon for our bday boy and BOG lunch(I know technically qs)...
hopefully the wristbands are a thing again this year! We'll be there when Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator, as well as for the first showings, but that narrator is TBD

Need some gift ideas. Since we'll be there for Christmas, I'd like to give gifts to the kids. Think small and packable. My 3YO is going to get a new outfit every day from a Disney character. A Cinderella dress from Cinderella for breakfast at CRT, a Minnie outfit for Garden Grill, you get the idea. How about ideas for my teenage DD and DS?

Need some gift ideas. Since we'll be there for Christmas, I'd like to give gifts to the kids. Think small and packable. My 3YO is going to get a new outfit every day from a Disney character. A Cinderella dress from Cinderella for breakfast at CRT, a Minnie outfit for Garden Grill, you get the idea. How about ideas for my teenage DD and DS?

My suggestion for teens is giftcards. :)

Just a thought - We were on a Disney Cruise at Christmas one year. We did gifts when we got home. Your 3-year-old will never know the difference and your teenagers are old enough to understand. I dont think you would feel like you HAVE to take gifts with you (and bring them home) if the space will be an inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter