• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2015 Help Thread - What To See & Do (Crowd Calendar Added)

wondering how crowded it will be at the orlando airport the saturday prior to Christmas. arriving 12/19 around 4:30pm and dinner reservations at Boma at 7:30 wondering if I will make it?

We will be just a couple of hours behind you. :thumbsup2 What's the consensus on how busy times impact wait times for DME? Do the buses fill up and depart to the resorts more quickly, or does it result in longer waits due to pressure on the DME system? Just curious.

wondering how crowded it will be at the orlando airport the saturday prior to Christmas. arriving 12/19 around 4:30pm and dinner reservations at Boma at 7:30 wondering if I will make it?
Not sure about crowds, but with a rule of thumb being to allow three hours from flight landing to being ready after check in to do something, you are cutting it close. Delayed flight would be my main concern. We are skipping a dinner reservation on our arrival day. In your position, I would cancel, then look for last minute ADRs once on Magical Express. If no luck, I would hit up Mara or a lounge (assuming you are at AKL).

I have had times when we immediately left the airport on DME and others where we wait up to a half hour to board and then sit on the bus for another 15-20 minutes before we depart. I agree with the three hour time allowance.

We have made trips to WDW 10 of the last 15 years during early December. This is trip #11 in December. We love this time of year. We go at other times too, but Christmas time is a great time to be there.

3 hours sounds like you should be fine... Are you taking ME or private car?
Also, just an FYI, we had ADRs at 1900 a few years back and were dreadfully late. We went, figuring we could get CS if not able to get in. They were quite lovely and managed to shoehorn us in! We were really happy! I think if you go late with a smile on your face and the proper attitude, the CMs will do triple flips to help you out!
(Also, try calling Boma directly if you can finangle the number-give them an update as your traveling...)
Good luck, enjoy your meal there!

3 hours sounds like you should be fine... Are you taking ME or private car?
Also, just an FYI, we had ADRs at 1900 a few years back and were dreadfully late. We went, figuring we could get CS if not able to get in. They were quite lovely and managed to shoehorn us in! We were really happy! I think if you go late with a smile on your face and the proper attitude, the CMs will do triple flips to help you out!
(Also, try calling Boma directly if you can finangle the number-give them an update as your traveling...)
Good luck, enjoy your meal there!
Thank you for the suggestions truly appreciate it. We are taking the ME I just got worried when I saw some pictures of crowds at the MCO airport and got worried

Anyone going to see Osborne Lights who would be want to trade the long sleeve green shirt, size large, that I bought for a large red short sleeve one? I wasn't thinking when I purchased the shirt and during my unpacking realized the green shirt is long sleeved...I get limited wear out of long sleeve shirts with our Texas weather. Please PM me if you'd be willing to make this swap with me. Thanks. :tink:

Our flight got in last year on Dec. 20th (the Saturday before Christmas) at around noon. It wasn't any more crowded then it usually is and we often arrive on a Saturday mid day. Unless your flight is delayed, I think you should make Boma. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Our flight got in last year on Dec. 20th (the Saturday before Christmas) at around noon. It wasn't any more crowded then it usually is and we often arrive on a Saturday mid day. Unless your flight is delayed, I think you should make Boma. Enjoy! :goodvibes
Thank you this really helps me "ease" my tensions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter