• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2013: We just booked!

TiggerThyme said:
I just booked our December 6-14 trip. Staying at AKL CL. Can't wait! Never stayed club level at AKL. Have before at Poly and absolutely loved it. Hoping for same love for the AKL one. Anyone have experience there? Thanks for sharing. Never have gone before at that time of year. :santa:
Me :laundy: Hubby :happytv: Son 12 popcorn:: Daughter 10 :cheer2:

1995- off site
1997- off site
2004- ASM and CBR
2006- AKL and Poly CL
2007- POFQ

We stayed club level on our honeymoon last year in october. It was AMAZING!!! We haven't stayed club level anywhere else so we have nothing to compare it too, but it was just awesome. The food was soooo good and they always have that amazing juice that AKL is famous for. The lounge is very nice and the view over the lobby is also really nice. I would definitely do it again, and the staff is really awesome as well in that they actually remember you and ask about your day. It's always that little extra that counts am I right?

We will be there the 4-11 but no club level this time

Thanks guys! Bethpremier sounds fun. Never traveled with DVC. Need to learn more about it. Congrats on new baby. Prplegiraffe- btw love that- thanks for info. Always a little hesitant to try new with things as big as this. Very cool going back same time though. Hoping for good discount or fd for all us. Have safe and happy travels. :goodvibes

Hi all!! I have not booked a December trip yet. But I really want to. I want to lose weight before I book the trip. I am also hoping for a special offer. :D
But ideally we would like to go the first week in December.

I am going to subscribe because I am anxiously awaiting them to announce the Mickey Christmas party and candlelight processional dates.

:hyper:

Hi all!! I have not booked a December trip yet. But I really want to. I want to lose weight before I book the trip. I am also hoping for a special offer. :D
But ideally we would like to go the first week in December.

I am going to subscribe because I am anxiously awaiting them to announce the Mickey Christmas party and candlelight processional dates.

:hyper:

I wish we did not have to wait until May for MVMCP tickets to go on sale. We will build our schedule around that.

I wish we did not have to wait until May for MVMCP tickets to go on sale. We will build our schedule around that.
Exactly! I am going to build our schedule around MVMCP and CP since I want to do a lunch/dinner package. Regardless of my weight I want to do ADRs at the 180 day mark. :lmao: I learned my lesson last time. We had less than 2 months to plan (our own fault we were impatient). I know i want more time to plan this time. I figure I can always cancel them but can't always make them at our ideal times. ;)

Exactly! I am going to build our schedule around MVMCP and CP since I want to do a lunch/dinner package. Regardless of my weight I want to do ADRs at the 180 day mark. :lmao: I learned my lesson last time. We had less than 2 months to plan (our own fault we were impatient). I know i want more time to plan this time. I figure I can always cancel them but can't always make them at our ideal times. ;)

Unfortunately CP does not come out until July but we can book our ADRs in June. I wish it came out beforehand. This trip we are not doing Universal or KSC so we will have 2 days for MK and 2 days for EPCOT along with our half day at DHS on arrival day, our day at AK, and a day at SeaWorld. Of course we are allowing time to resort hop as well. Right now we have tentatively thought about our schedule based on what days of the week MVMCP was held last year. We want one of our MK days to be a party day and the other day to not be a party day so we can see the regular evening parade. EPCOT for the CP is much easier to schedule with it being held nightly.

So if we can book ADR's before we can book the CP, then how do we handle to CP dinner package reservations?!

Wait..CP is nightly? I thought it was only a few nights a week. I feel like a noob. LoL Waiting til July to make CP reservations is ok with me. Better than waiting til October or November. :)

Yes CP at EPCOT is nightly. There are 3 shows a night and each celebrity narrator does 3 days of shows. MVMCP at MK is on select nights.

I am sure this question has been asked but I really don't feel like reviewing the last 12 pages. Does pop Warner affect the crowd levels? We are playing on staying at Coronado, French quarter or possibly pop. Trying to decide the first week of December or the second ????
Thanks for your thoughts!

klstiger said:
I am sure this question has been asked but I really don't feel like reviewing the last 12 pages. Does pop Warner affect the crowd levels? We are playing on staying at Coronado, French quarter or possibly pop. Trying to decide the first week of December or the second ????

I believe it affects the resorts/food courts more. I think All Stars and I forget which are the overflow resorts. From what I have read, it doesn't really affect the parks.

klstiger said:

Pop Warner is the second week in Dec 2013. From what I heard on here, it really affects the crowd at the resorts they are staying at. As Kathymford said, I believe they would typically stay at All Stars. I also remember reading on here that they could also be staying at a moderate...possibly at Coronado Springs and/or Caribbean Beach Resort. I stayed at the Polynesian in 2011 during Pop Warner and didn't have any issues. The parks became a bit more crowded during the afternoon/evening hours when the competition was over. But it was still manageable. Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the information about the Pop Warner thing. I had no idea. See this is why I joined this thread. Ideally we wanted to go the first week in December and stay at an All Star, but last night we realized DH takes his shot for his arthritis the first week of the month and he usually hurts badly the week leading up to the shot and it takes a few days to take effect before he starts feeling better, so we were thinking of changing to the 2nd week. Now I'm not so sure. We have enough time to slowly change his schedule (by one day each month) but still worried it won't be early enough. I also had the idea of maybe pushing it to the week of the 15th but realized there is a price increase at that time. :( Bah, so I don't know.

I am hoping for free dining or a good special in December. If there is one maybe we can upgrade to POR or POFQ to avoid cheerleaders if we have to go the 2nd week.

So much to think about.... :scratchin

DH also likes to point out we may not even be at our goal by then. :sad:

NightAngelX,

I hope you are able to work it out for Dec. We are here to help. Good luck!

Reunion 2013 got announced yesterday so my dates are now locked but I am staying at All Star Movies instead of Sports in between my DVC stays at BLT, BWV & VWL.

CynBeth said:
NightAngelX,

I hope you are able to work it out for Dec. We are here to help. Good luck!

Thanks!

Actually I am already kind of worried about dates. I think the 2nd week in December will end up being the best for us but i know that cheer conference is going on so values will be packed. So i was looking at mods and dolphin/swan and dolphin swan are already completely booked after the 9th! I havent run into that issue at any other resort but I cant believe i am 9 months out and hotels are booked already. :p

Thanks!

Actually I am already kind of worried about dates. I think the 2nd week in December will end up being the best for us but i know that cheer conference is going on so values will be packed. So i was looking at mods and dolphin/swan and dolphin swan are already completely booked after the 9th! I havent run into that issue at any other resort but I cant believe i am 9 months out and hotels are booked already. :p

Are they already booked with no promotion? Or only when you try to search under a certain promotion?

Kathymford said:
Are they already booked with no promotion? Or only when you try to search under a certain promotion?

With and without a promotion. I tried both ways and even tried orbitz and it says its booked. I can check in on sunday but unless i say i am checking out monday it says its full. :( i am just surprised.

9 months from today we check into The Wilderness Lodge for our first on site stay. We check out on the 16th. Cannot wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter