December 2013: We just booked!

CynBeth

DIS Veteran
It is 499 days until our trip and we booked a little while ago. There will be 3 adults: myself, my husband, and my Mom. We will be going from 12/7/13-12/15/13. For the first time we are doing a split stay. We are splurging by staying at WL and CR. Is anyone else going in Dec 2013?

We went Dec 2011 and are going Dec 2012, so I am crossing my fingers that I can talk DH into Dec 2013. :) Love the resort choices. That would be my ultimate split stay. WL is so pretty at Christmas!!! Do you have theme park view at CR? I would love to see the Castle Lights from my bed. Do you have room for one more? :lmao:

I also booked that week, but am checking out on dec. 13, 2013. Did you book a package or room only? I tried changing my package to a room-only and adding AAA to my room at the CR-Garden Wing but was told it cannot be added. What was scary is that CM was arguing with me that there was no Deluxe Room category in the Garden Wing. He finally had to check with the hotel to check on prices. It took 15 minutes and he finally came back to say no discount could be added. Will definitely call back and check again. Would anyone know if AP discount is available for that room? Trying to decide whether the discount would be worth it to purchase an AP although I will most likely not be going back in a year.

I've going over calenders with DH and it is a possibility for us. As much as I would like BC we would probably do AoA - still fine by me!pixiedust:

Yes we got Theme Park View at CR. We did Courtyard View for WL. We did 8 day MYW tickets with Park Hopper and also trip insurance that was linked to the WL ressie that we will transfer to the CR ressie once we check in there. We did room only for the CR but got some deal because we paid with the Disney Visa card where we will be on Atrium Club Level. We don't do the DP. We will get airfare on our own.

Where is everyone else staying?

Just moving this over to the sub board as there will be lots of other DISers going in December 2013 who will want to share in your excitement :goodvibes

CynBeth said:
Yes we got Theme Park View at CR. We did Courtyard View for WL. We did 8 day MYW tickets with Park Hopper and also trip insurance that was linked to the WL ressie that we will transfer to the CR ressie once we check in there. We did room only for the CR but got some deal because we paid with the Disney Visa card where we will be on Atrium Club Level. We don't do the DP. We will get airfare on our own.

Where is everyone else staying?

What do you mean you got a deal with Disney Visa card? What is that all about? I have one but did not know there is a discount. Did you receive an offer? How did you find out about it? Please share! Thanks.

All I can remember is that I called the regular phone number and explained about the split stay and paying it all on my Disney Visa. After we finished with the WL res and went on to the room only for the CR res the rep said something about getting a special deal because of paying with the Disney Visa and that was getting the theme park view on atrium club level. I am not sure if it was free or discounted. I was so excited it was a blur.

All I can remember is that I called the regular phone number and explained about the split stay and paying it all on my Disney Visa. After we finished with the WL res and went on to the room only for the CR res the rep said something about getting a special deal because of paying with the Disney Visa and that was getting the theme park view on atrium club level. I am not sure if it was free or discounted. I was so excited it was a blur.

I can imagine...I would have been excited as well. I am jealous! Did you compare the rack rate of the CR for the days you are staying to the price the CM gave you? What was the discount? May I ask what dates you will be staying at CR? As of now, I am planning on the second week of Dec. 2013. Did you pay the CR reservation in full or just the one night deposit? Thanks for the info.

The trip will be from 12/7-12/15. We will be at WL from 12/7-12/11 and then at CR from 12/11-12/15. I paid for both reservations in full on my Disney Visa card and have 6 months to pay it off which I really like. No I didn't compare. I was just excited about this reward or whatever you want to call it and jumped without thinking.

I will be there too. We are going from 12/10~12/14. I am not quite sure which hotel we are staying at yet. I am very excited to be there at Christmas time. I usually go for the Halloween decorations, but we are doing a cruise on the Fantasy on the 14th of Dec, so it will be nice to see Disney for the holidays:goodvibes

So glad to know I'm not the only one planning so far out!!! I'll also be going in December 2013! Dec 1st to the 8th. I'm booking next week, POFQ. I've never been at the holidays, I'm so excited!

sjv919 said:
So glad to know I'm not the only one planning so far out!!! I'll also be going in December 2013! Dec 1st to the 8th. I'm booking next week, POFQ. I've never been at the holidays, I'm so excited!

I read something about the Pop Warner National Cheer and Dance Championships usually taking place the first week of December. From what people say WDW usually doesn't offer promotions this week. Not sure if this is all resorts or just the value which is where I heard the participants usually stay. So if the discount is important to you you may want to look into this before you finalize your plans. I am going the second week of Dec and hope the Pop Warner isn't that week because my plans are not flexible.

mlamanna1701 said:
I read something about the Pop Warner National Cheer and Dance Championships usually taking place the first week of December. From what people say WDW usually doesn't offer promotions this week. Not sure if this is all resorts or just the value which is where I heard the participants usually stay. So if the discount is important to you you may want to look into this before you finalize your plans. I am going the second week of Dec and hope the Pop Warner isn't that week because my plans are not flexible.

That's when we have to go, DGF has tons of blackout dates at work that time of year and that worked out best. But by then we'll be pass holders, so hopefully we'll get something?

sjv919 said:
That's when we have to go, DGF has tons of blackout dates at work that time of year and that worked out best. But by then we'll be pass holders, so hopefully we'll get something?

I hope so. I am hoping for something myself. Right now there is no promotion for the week I am going next year. Good luck and hope you get a big discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter