• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*December 2012 Roll Call* Group TR! A very, merry thread!

I needed a 5 minute sanity break from work so came here :teeth:

So should I enter this picture into the "what went wrong with PP" contest or the "caption it" contest? :lmao:

EB7C763F-E8A1-4486-9515-2C2D083C7B0E-26856-0000119AA5E9D6A4.jpg

...I will contact PP, just haven't gotten to it yet

I'm heading back into the work force after being a SAHM for 3 years. Well, not officially, but I have started looking. I had an interview with an employment agency this afternoon. It went very well. The person who interviewed me remembered me from one of my previous jobs where I was a receptionist (I was not a temp back then). She's going to help me find a job in the receptionist/administrative assistant field.

One thing she told me was not to downplay my skills. I have felt that I didn't have enough experience and skills to apply for administrative assistant jobs. She told me that based on my resume, I do have it and can apply for those jobs. That was an eye opener for me. I guess I never saw myself as having the necessary skills for that position before.

So, I'm now signed up with an employment agency to help me get back into the work force. I'm also going to keep looking on other websites (ex. Careerbuilder and Indeed) for jobs as well. Wish me luck!

cybrkitn said:
I'm heading back into the work force after being a SAHM for 3 years. Well, not officially, but I have started looking. I had an interview with an employment agency this afternoon. It went very well. The person who interviewed me remembered me from one of my previous jobs where I was a receptionist (I was not a temp back then). She's going to help me find a job in the receptionist/administrative assistant field.

One thing she told me was not to downplay my skills. I have felt that I didn't have enough experience and skills to apply for administrative assistant jobs. She told me that based on my resume, I do have it and can apply for those jobs. That was an eye opener for me. I guess I never saw myself as having the necessary skills for that position before.

So, I'm now signed up with an employment agency to help me get back into the work force. I'm also going to keep looking on other websites (ex. Careerbuilder and Indeed) for jobs as well. Wish me luck!

Good luck!!

cybrkitn said:

Good luck, Dawn pixiedust:

No, it's not a job (yet). Since I've been on MyFitnessPal.com, I've lost 14 pounds and have FINALLY gone down a size! I went from a size 16 petite down to a size 14 petite :cool1: :woohoo:!

I went out to both Kohls and Dress Barn today to find out if I went down a size. I did. It felt SO GOOD to be able to fit back into a size 14. I haven't been that size since the early to mid 90's!

Since I can't ask DH to go with me to the mall as I try on more clothes (definitely not a guy thing), I asked my mom if she would like to go with me. It feels better having someone with you to get their opinion on how something looks on you, rather than trying to see yourself in a mirror and trying to gauge it.

I have outgrown all of my dress clothes and hardly have anything left that I fit into. Since I'm now trying to get back into the work force, I'm going to need some new clothes!

cybrkitn said:
No, it's not a job (yet). Since I've been on MyFitnessPal.com, I've lost 14 pounds and have FINALLY gone down a size! I went from a size 16 petite down to a size 14 petite :cool1: :woohoo:!

I went out to both Kohls and Dress Barn today to find out if I went down a size. I did. It felt SO GOOD to be able to fit back into a size 14. I haven't been that size since the early to mid 90's!

Since I can't ask DH to go with me to the mall as I try on more clothes (definitely not a guy thing), I asked my mom if she would like to go with me. It feels better having someone with you to get their opinion on how something looks on you, rather than trying to see yourself in a mirror and trying to gauge it.

I have outgrown all of my dress clothes and hardly have anything left that I fit into. Since I'm now trying to get back into the work force, I'm going to need some new clothes!

Great Job!!! 14 lbs is awesome and a lot of work! :goodvibes:

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much, I don't come onto the DIS as much unless I'm close to a trip...too depressing otherwise :( Have been entering the Disney Time Sweeps every day, if we win we're gonna go to Disneyland. Right now the only real trip planned is our anniversary in December. But DH is planning something big for my birthday next month (I'm turning 30 :scared1: ) and has been getting mysterious phone calls and emails and we bought APs last month with the plan of going at least once before our anniversary :hyper: I guess we'll find out next month!

Great news...and good luck with the process!

*trumpet fanfare*

I am FINALLY HERE!!!! Sorry guys, I still love ya - what with Christmas, DD being off school and just the need to step away from Disney for a while (considering I spent literally the whole of 2012 engulfed in it lol) I am now ready to get back to my December Roll-call buddies :hug: we have a lot to discuss!

My trip report will be in this thread only, broken down into sections but first, I need to catch up!!! At least there is only 7 pages here :rotfl:

3 weeks before leaving for Disney, we found out we were pregnant with #2! :lovestruc:dance3::love::thumbsup2

:yay: Congrats hun - hope the morning sickness eases off. Ginger worked great for me.

So I find this pic to be hilarious... Maybe my daughter didn't approve of her lack of clothing??

:lmao: OMG, coffee actually went up my nose :eek: TOO FUNNY!!! You have to send that to Disney.

That totally works. I am completely fine with that. :thumbsup2 Someone pick a theme!

Can I still put my own TR here - it will be broken down and a basic overview of each part of the vacay: resort, food, pixie dust ... nothing overly complicated. I just don't want to go out into the big wide world on my own and have my very own TR ... thats something a grown up would do!

Yeah! I'm here....

Gutted we didn't bump into each other!!

Wish me luck!

Good luck hun, sending positive vibes your way :thumbsup2

WedgieSock said:
*trumpet fanfare*

I am FINALLY HERE!!!! Sorry guys, I still love ya - what with Christmas, DD being off school and just the need to step away from Disney for a while (considering I spent literally the whole of 2012 engulfed in it lol) I am now ready to get back to my December Roll-call buddies :hug: we have a lot to discuss!

My trip report will be in this thread only, broken down into sections but first, I need to catch up!!! At least there is only 7 pages here :rotfl:

Yay you're back again :)

Hi - glad you're back. I'm having the same problem - getting back into the groove. I will be working on my TR shortly (I hope). I wore my LGMH everywhere and didn't see anyone else wearing one. :sad: Too many people, I guess. We had a great time and when I get my act together (hopefully) I will post my TR. Hope everyone had a great time and I'm looking forward to reading other TRs. :goodvibes

WedgieSock said:
Hey you! :wave2:

Yep, trying to get back into some sort of routine .... and its not happening :teeth:

Ummm you in a routine? I just can't see it :teeth:

So I got one of these in the mail yesterday.
4F2C4DD3-5493-4587-81AA-CABBD1DBCB8B-834-000000B644A7ABB5.jpg
It made me happy. Currently my car is too salt/snow/ice covered to put it on though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter