December 2012...Christmastime in WDW

:cool1:Just booked our trip last night. We were there in May and also last December. And said we would wait until 2013 to do Christmas. But the Free Dining Came and also found A great deal on Air Fare So we will be there again Dec 11 to Dec 21st. We did the MVMCP last year and really enjoyed it
so we will be doing it again.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Woo Hoo! We were just there in May too for 10 days! :rotfl: Pretty much the same situation for me too. Free dining and great airfare. It was a no brainer to take another trip in my book! :goodvibes

Where are you guys staying?

cant wait and counting the days.....last xmas trip was in 2010.....with one graduationg this year seemed like a good place to go as a family.....changed up our dates a bit so we can get FD....checking in Dec.20-26....kids wanted POP, and i was out voted(I love POFQ)....what a year-DD-last year of elemt. school, DD-last year of Middle school and one that Graduated high school, not ot forget the DH b'day(21st-as long as the world doesnt end-as he says) first time taking advantage of FD, so here we go.....praying for good traveling weather as we are driving down!

Planning in full swing, we are headed to Disney 12/24-12/31!!!
Flights are booked room is booked! Staying at POFQ :joker:

Today I couldnt believe it but we scored Le Cellier for the Holiday Processional on Christmas Day!! I am so pumped!

:cool1:

cant wait and counting the days.....last xmas trip was in 2010.....with one graduationg this year seemed like a good place to go as a family.....changed up our dates a bit so we can get FD....checking in Dec.20-26....kids wanted POP, and i was out voted(I love POFQ)....what a year-DD-last year of elemt. school, DD-last year of Middle school and one that Graduated high school, not ot forget the DH b'day(21st-as long as the world doesnt end-as he says) first time taking advantage of FD, so here we go.....praying for good traveling weather as we are driving down!

:rotfl: My birthday is the 21st too! I tell everyone if the world ends, at least I'll have great fireworks for my blow out!!! LOL

Our kids dont get out of school UNTIL the 21st...what the heck is up with that? And my newly minted JR High student will have exams, so we cant go any earlier *grumble* I wanted to be there for my birthday, but oh well, its Disney at Christmas, can it get any better???! :santa:

Hooray! DH just forwarded me all the confirmation emails for our booking... Disney World, we're on our way for a Christmas vacation!!! December 8 to 18 at Pop... can't wait!!

I didn't expect to come back so soon (after a 10 year layoff I came to Disney twice last year) but after that Fall code was released, the wheels started turning! Very excited to be a first timer for Christmas in Disney!

Also hoping my gf doesn't find out I upgraded us to Club Level before we get there!!

Just booked our December trip! Dec. 16 - 21 at POR with FD. I am taking my fiance, and my two adults kis ages 20 and 22. A couple questions:

1. the CM who took my ressie over the phone asked if we were celebrating anything special on this trip and I said that we are recently engaged. Does anyone know what sort of surprise they do for folks who are engaged? Or do they do anything?

2. how are the crowds during this period?

3. I requested Magnolia Terrace so we can make use of the nearby bus stop. will we have a hard time finding seats on the bus due to crowd levels?

thanks!

-MacDeb

Just booked our December trip! Dec. 16 - 21 at POR with FD. I am taking my fiance, and my two adults kis ages 20 and 22. A couple questions:

1. the CM who took my ressie over the phone asked if we were celebrating anything special on this trip and I said that we are recently engaged. Does anyone know what sort of surprise they do for folks who are engaged? Or do they do anything?

3. I requested Magnolia Terrace so we can make use of the nearby bus stop. will we have a hard time finding seats on the bus due to crowd levels?

thanks!

-MacDeb

they ask everyone if they are celebrating something. they do have an anniversary pin. not sure about a "just engaged" pin. ask if they have any appropriate pin at check in.. then wear it in the parks and aybe you might get some pixie dust?

I have only been the first week of dec., so I dont' know about the crowds that week. of course, the close ryou get to christmas, the more crowded it gets.

the ride to any park from POR is not long (except MK, that is the longest ride from any resort). it isn't that bad standing. esp. for the kids if they are 20 and 22.

macdeb - I do remember seeing "just engaged" pins during our last trip. Make sure to get one. Never know what surprises you may get

:rotfl: My birthday is the 21st too! I tell everyone if the world ends, at least I'll have great fireworks for my blow out!!! LOL

Our kids dont get out of school UNTIL the 21st...what the heck is up with that? And my newly minted JR High student will have exams, so we cant go any earlier *grumble* I wanted to be there for my birthday, but oh well, its Disney at Christmas, can it get any better???! :santa:

our kids get out he 21 at 1:00, but with free dining ending the 20, we thought we woild take advantage of it. we were originally checking in on the 22, and leaving on the 19(taking our time to get down) now we are leaving late afternoon on the 18th and pushing to get there. no exams before xmas as the semester ends in Jan. kids are making up as much of the work as they can before we leave and most teachers dont plan much that week from wednesday on(we are hoping for a snow day, happened a few years back)....either way, we are:hourglass 99 :hourglassdays from today leaving!

Just booked POR for Dec 31- Jan 5. This is our fourth Disney Christmas trip and this year we are bringing dd's friend. It will be her first trip. Super excited!!!!

I began my Christmas shopping today, I am determined to get it done by Thanksgiving which would be a first for me. I am a last minute, running out on Christmas Eve shopper!

My DD6 and I will be at WDW the week before Christmas - we fly home on the 22nd and I don't want to be running around like crazy last minute shopping this year!

Next weekend, I'll begin shopping for her October birthday, a trip to the American Girl doll store near us is in order for that...which I am not looking forward too...that place get's crazy on the weekends!!

91 DAYS, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't expect to come back so soon (after a 10 year layoff I came to Disney twice last year) but after that Fall code was released, the wheels started turning! Very excited to be a first timer for Christmas in Disney!

Also hoping my gf doesn't find out I upgraded us to Club Level before we get there!!

We didn't think we'd be going this year. Took a trip late last October and figured it would be 2 years until we got back...at minimum. Then fall came, got an email, booked on 9/1 for 12/15-22 w/FD. Sooo psyched. Surprised my daughter last year for her b-day, this year will surprise her for the Holidays! She'll flip!

thanks!

-MacDeb

Last year DD got 1st trip and B-day buttons, they fussed over her a lot and a couple of restaurants brought her out a candle lit dessert and balloons. They really go out of the way to acknowledge your "event" by offering best wishes.

Can't address the crowds, this is our 1st December. Obviously you are leaving to return home on a good day, the day of when crazy week begins. I think it will be ok.

We were in Magnolia Terrace last year. We had a car, but always took the bus to MK. We never waited and I thought it was fast-20min max. Obviously, near the end of the night/fireworks time, buses are nuts, but that's to be expected. We left before they were over and many times when we 'hopped' to MK during the mid afternoon, the POR buses to MK were easy to get and few on them.

I loved POR!! When we booked with FD there were only the rooms left for free dining were the Royal Rooms - Princess & Frog. So we will be in either Oak Manor or Parterre Place. I didn't think any of the areas were that far to get to. The grounds are beautiful.

Check out: http://www.portorleans.org

Woo hoo double digits can't wait to spend Christmas in Disney World who cares what the crowd level is! It's our very first time ever to Disney World and I can't imagine anything but awesomeness at the most magical place In the world!:)

What does everyone think about FLE? Will it be a big todo? Or will it just be the day Disney marks on the calendar as the official opening day ?

staticmap

I'm in too. Dec. 8 - 15th. Wyndam Grand Bonnett Creek -- the hotel not the condos. Hope we like it!

Going with my DH, 2 sisters and my niece -- they will be at the AKL.

We were there for Christmas in 2010 and can't wait to share it with family!

:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter