December 2012 Car Rentals

yes..sorry for the confusion...:thumbsup2 my kids actually prefer disney transport (I know,crazy) to a car.... but b/c we are going to Universal first,then heading to Disney, we can't do ME on the way in,need a car for a couple of days,or pay for shuttle from MCO-UNI then UNI-WDW.....
thats about the cost of a 10 day rental...... I'd like to rent for just a couple of days,drop at Dolphin,and be done with the car.....
The shuttle from MCO to Universal and then from Universal to WDW is the same as a rental car for your whole time? Renting a car would be a no brainer for me! Even if you don't use the car the whole time it's worth it for a grocery stop or two. Another thing you can do is rent the car from MCO for your time at Universal and return it to MCO and ride ME to your WDW resort.

I wanted to share since most rates for my early December dates have been over $300.

Budget has a special for $119/week right now through December 15: https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/wendie.html?&ICID=homepage_billboard&IID=wendie_08_2012

Hope it helps someone else!
-Stacey

Thank you!! I had a car reserved for 12/11 with Dollar that came to $279.54 and just reserved with Budget using the code you posted for $210.49!!! Happy to save almost $70 now but hoping for an even lower rate as we get closer!

Hope this means late December sales are on the horizon! I have a rental reserved with fox, but I don't trust them. They won't even answer my call. So it's going to be magical express for us unless we can get our rental under $200! Have a great trip everyone!

If anyone comes across any further deals for early December I am having a heck of a time finding something reasonable. It's just 2 adults + 1 toddler so even economy would suffice.

National at the Car Care Center, 11/30 to 12/7, 7 nights midsize using 5007160 and ND3Z33ZDE $30 BJ'S code, $215.75 total. It should go lower as we get closer to December.
Michele

If anyone comes across any further deals for early December I am having a heck of a time finding something reasonable. It's just 2 adults + 1 toddler so even economy would suffice.

Some folks are using 857210 KLM code to get the rate down from $214.75 to $191.99 for a week for a midsize. I'm sticking with my 5007160 CoUa one pass code for now but will keep checking as we get closer.

Some folks are using 857210 KLM code to get the rate down from $214.75 to $191.99 for a week for a midsize. I'm sticking with my 5007160 CoUa one pass code for now but will keep checking as we get closer.

THANK YOU. What company are those codes good for? I may give them a whirl. The budget link finally updated with discounted pricing for me I ended up getting 12/1 - 12/9 for $242 with taxes & fees included. ($167 before texes and fees) But I'd like to see if that number can be brought down just a little more :)

National at the Car Care Center, 11/30 to 12/7, 7 nights midsize using 5007160 and ND3Z33ZDE $30 BJ'S code, $215.75 total. It should go lower as we get closer to December.
Michele

THANK YOU. What company are those codes good for? I may give them a whirl. The budget link finally updated with discounted pricing for me I ended up getting 12/1 - 12/9 for $242 with taxes & fees included. ($167 before texes and fees) But I'd like to see if that number can be brought down just a little more :)

Coupon ND3Z33ZDE $30 off, from BJ's website
There is another coupon for $35 off ND8578ADT from Natl but only goes up to Sept, it should be extended for Nat'l Emerald Club members soon.

Contract 5007160 Continental/United OnePass FF Member
or
Contract 8572130 KLM Intl FF Member

I have a Dollar (will be first time I have not used Alamo/National in about 40 trips, if they stay so high) for $201 for 8 days using their special city discount. Full size Taurus, which is like a premium, or similar.

Question ... would any of these codes be good if one is trying to rent in Lake Buena Vista?

I want to take ME and shuttles for the first 6 days of my trip (since we have 8 people and a van would be prohibitive, plus we're staying at BLT so easy access to 2 main parks), then for the next 8 days I'd like to rent in DisneyWorld, and return in DisneyWorld. Hoping to get an economy for under $200 for 8 or 9 days 12/5-12/13-14.

Or are most of these codes only for MCO rentals?

Question ... would any of these codes be good if one is trying to rent in Lake Buena Vista?

I want to take ME and shuttles for the first 6 days of my trip (since we have 8 people and a van would be prohibitive, plus we're staying at BLT so easy access to 2 main parks), then for the next 8 days I'd like to rent in DisneyWorld, and return in DisneyWorld. Hoping to get an economy for under $200 for 8 or 9 days 12/5-12/13-14.

Not sure about any codes, but you can rent a compact thru standard size for under $200 with Dollar right now ,for the dates of Dec 5th through the 13th. Dollar has a location near Downtown Disney, in one of the hotels called Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. Just start typing Wyndham in the location box and it shows up. It's within a short walking distance across the street from Downtown Disney.

taaren said:

I used the budget promo code for Tampa and Orlando (the $119 a week promo came to about $220 with all taxes and fees for 8 days, 238 for a mud size SUV at MCO) I also noticed enterprise seems to drop their rates considerably about a week out. Which in the long run I am hoping for because I liked their cars best, but the bottom line always wins!

Not sure about any codes, but you can rent a compact thru standard size for under $200 with Dollar right now ,for the dates of Dec 5th through the 13th. Dollar has a location near Downtown Disney, in one of the hotels called Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. Just start typing Wyndham in the location box and it shows up. It's within a short walking distance across the street from Downtown Disney.

WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a mid size at Dollar,no codes,for 91.00 per week! dates Dec7-16 - total cost is 198.00 w/fees(hate fees)
but good price! (had to pay for '3' extra days,as p/u is early,return is late)
still a very good price!

...or....as usual I'm waffling;) I can rent a car for the 2 days we actually NEED it...then return in LBV for 73.00...and take the bus back to airport later in the week...... saving even more for buying souvenirs! anyway,doallr has some good rates right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter