December 2012 Car Rentals

I know it's still WAY too early to start booking cars for December, but I got my "just in case" reservation with Alamo the other day. We're going for a 3 night long weekend 12/13-12/16 and I was able to get a convertible from Alamo for $201 total. Still $100 more than my weeklong standard rental during Memorial Day, but for a convertible it's pretty good.

I'm sure I'll change the reservation about 45 times between now and 12/13 though! :lmao:

Actually, it's not early at all. Last year I had my car rental booked in March for our December trip. This year, none of them have any good deals yet.

I'm sure I'll change the reservation about 45 times between now and 12/13 though! :lmao:

That's me.... Heck I changed it 5 minutes after I reserved initally to add a coupon! Change 1 in the books and reservation wasn't even an hour old :lmao:

Subscribing to this thread for our December 8-15 trip. Will be needing a minivan and a car, probably standard or mid-size unless I can get a great deal.

Reading through the July 2012 Rental Car thread, I am shocked at the high rates and sure hope they come down again for December.

Anyone with experiences with Budget? I've only rented from Alamo/National and would prefer to continue but will be willing to change if the price is right! Do you get to pick your own car? Is it as easy as Alamo/National?

OK - so I've made 2 reservations as a starting point (knowing I'm waaaayy too early)!

Alamo - Full size Crossover - $392.05 Using Insiders ID and $35 AA coupon OUCH :confused3

National - MidSize Emerald Aisle - $223.94 Using the dreaded KLM code - still not sure about this, but I did sign up for Flying Blue. Hoping to hear more experiences with the code and whether anyone else was ever charged the balance. By far the best price right now, but if I can get something better with a different code, I'll switch.

So let the car rental games begin...LOL:drive:

Subscribing to this thread for our December 8-15 trip. Will be needing a minivan and a car, probably standard or mid-size unless I can get a great deal.

Reading through the July 2012 Rental Car thread, I am shocked at the high rates and sure hope they come down again for December.

Anyone with experiences with Budget? I've only rented from Alamo/National and would prefer to continue but will be willing to change if the price is right! Do you get to pick your own car? Is it as easy as Alamo/National?

We used Budget last year and it was fine. I used the X475200 and MUGZ001 coupon and my rate for a mini an for the week (Satuday-Friday) was $269. It couldn't be beat. We got a beautiful silver Town & Country. While I didn't get to pick my car per say he did give me the choice between the T&C and a Nissan.

We are renting a van for the same rate in December. No one can come close to their price for a van

If you are looking for a minivan I just booked mine with Budget using x474200. Comes to just under $300. It's the same rate I had last October and could never find anything better. There is also a coupon that is currently expired, but it's been around since last year and every so often they will extend the expiration to get you another $20 or $25 off.

I just used this code and it saved me $686 on two minivan rentals over christmas and new years! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I used Priceline for our Disney vacation last January, and I'm thinking I'll just use it again.

We needed the most basic of economy cars and ended up getting one for $14 a day.

Are there any deals that come out better than that?

It was $189 for 8 days, total.

I used Priceline for our Disney vacation last January, and I'm thinking I'll just use it again.

We needed the most basic of economy cars and ended up getting one for $14 a day.

Are there any deals that come out better than that?

It was $189 for 8 days, total.

Last Nov/Dec, I used a Costco code and coupon and got a midsize for 10 days for $215. I can't find anything even close to that for this year.

Last Nov/Dec, I used a Costco code and coupon and got a midsize for 10 days for $215. I can't find anything even close to that for this year.

Last year I booked the car on 11/16 for a pick up date of 01/09. I'm thinking I'll wait and try my luck again as we get closer.

I am so glad I came over here. I used the x474200 code and got a much better rate.
I got a minivan from Dec 28 to Jan 12 for $495 plus taxes. I am still not sure how the taxes make it come up to $640????? :confused3:confused3

Subbing since I'm hoping to have a car from Dec 9-14 but picking up (and probably returning) either at the Car Care Center or the Dolphin since we're staying BWV.

I've reserved my car with Alamo from the Dolphin to Port Canaveral for $40, and returning from Port to Dolphin for $45 but keeping it more days was an additional $45 a day which just seems too high to me. What is a good weekly rate for early December for an economy/compact? (There's only 3A, 1C for this part of our trip.)

I figure if I can't find anything reasonable for those days we'll be okay walking to two parks and taking buses/taxis to the others, but it would be nice if we could find a decent rate ...

Subbing since I'm hoping to have a car from Dec 9-14 but picking up (and probably returning) either at the Car Care Center or the Dolphin since we're staying BWV.

I've reserved my car with Alamo from the Dolphin to Port Canaveral for $40, and returning from Port to Dolphin for $45 but keeping it more days was an additional $45 a day which just seems too high to me. What is a good weekly rate for early December for an economy/compact? (There's only 3A, 1C for this part of our trip.)

I figure if I can't find anything reasonable for those days we'll be okay walking to two parks and taking buses/taxis to the others, but it would be nice if we could find a decent rate ...

How are you getting from Alamo to Port Canaveral when you drop off the car? When I called, they told me they don't have a shuttle to drop off and pick up at Port Canaveral.

Right now, I'm picking up Alamo at the Dolphin and dropping it off at MCO for $48 using the Costco rate and a towncar to bring us to Port Canaveral from the MCO Hyatt and then from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin for $200. I'd love to get something cheaper than that.

I will be watching along with the rest of you. We will need a car from December 23rd - 30th inclusive.

Booked this morning via Budget (using code X474200 and coupon UUWX020 for a free single upgrade), and got an intermediate (which will be upgraded to a full size....I think that's the next category up?) for $279.41 taxes included.

The price isn't great (our August one week rental is currently sitting at $143 all in for a full size) but it might be as good as it will get when our trip falls over the busy holiday season.

We have an intermediate level booked 22-29 with fox for $226 total for the week.(booked that a long time ago using carrentalsavers). I am a little nervous about using fox though as they are not onsite and they don't have a great rep. So now I am looking to find a cheap rental downtown just the 25-29th or a replacement for the fox. So far the best I can find is using budget from downtown Disney. $170 for an intermediate, ends up being $215 with tax...not that great, considering 10 more gets us the week..budget onsite for the week from mco is about $267 for our dates.

I have a $200 price point in my head that I don't want to go over for a weekly rental. Would love to get the midweek rental down to $125. 5 months to keep looking!

How are you getting from Alamo to Port Canaveral when you drop off the car? When I called, they told me they don't have a shuttle to drop off and pick up at Port Canaveral.

Right now, I'm picking up Alamo at the Dolphin and dropping it off at MCO for $48 using the Costco rate and a towncar to bring us to Port Canaveral from the MCO Hyatt and then from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin for $200. I'd love to get something cheaper than that.
I'll double check but Alamo has a Port Canaveral location ... the drop off I'm taking the car to is at
CAPE CANAVERAL_ALAMO (COIC76)
6211 N ATLANTIC AVE
CPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

I think I read on another thread (on one of the DVC boards), that someone said they did this and it was actually an Enterprise drop location that they share with Alamo, and Enterprise takes the cruisers dropping the car off to the port ... I'll call Alamo sometime and make sure though, because otherwise I'll go with National since they also have pick up at WDW and drop off at Port Canaveral and their rates were similar on carrentals.com.
Which location did you talk to? The MCO Alamo? I usually rent from Enterprise but they don't have a pick-up on property at DisneyWorld, so that's the only reason I booked with Alamo.

I'll double check but Alamo has a Port Canaveral location ... the drop off I'm taking the car to is at
CAPE CANAVERAL_ALAMO (COIC76)
6211 N ATLANTIC AVE
CPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

I think I read on another thread (on one of the DVC boards), that someone said they did this and it was actually an Enterprise drop location that they share with Alamo, and Enterprise takes the cruisers dropping the car off to the port ... I'll call Alamo sometime and make sure though, because otherwise I'll go with National since they also have pick up at WDW and drop off at Port Canaveral and their rates were similar on carrentals.com.
Which location did you talk to? The MCO Alamo? I usually rent from Enterprise but they don't have a pick-up on property at DisneyWorld, so that's the only reason I booked with Alamo.

You better call and check, because that is the location I called and was told they do not pick up or drop off at Port Canaveral. Good Luck!

I will be watching along with the rest of you. We will need a car from December 23rd - 30th inclusive.

Booked this morning via Budget (using code X474200 and coupon UUWX020 for a free single upgrade), and got an intermediate (which will be upgraded to a full size....I think that's the next category up?) for $279.41 taxes included.
QUOTE]

This code is showing me a much lower price than any I've been able to find for our Dec dates. Where is this from? Any restrictions I need to be concerned about??

I'm going to need some help! The cheapest I could find came out to be $366(Ford Focus)! That's with a discount code and coupon code applied! Anyone??!!! Last time I went was February 2011 and I paid $140 for 5 days including all taxes and fees!

Pick up MCO 12/2 10am, Drop Off MCO 12/10 5:00pm

JLa01844 said:
I'm going to need some help! The cheapest I could find came out to be $366(Ford Focus)! That's with a discount code and coupon code applied! Anyone??!!! Last time I went was February 2011 and I paid $140 for 5 days including all taxes and fees!

Pick up MCO 12/2 10am, Drop Off MCO 12/10 5:00pm

I'm still going to wait a while. We still have time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter