• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 16, 2012 Disney Dream 3-night

:goodvibes
Hello! My husband and I will be sailing on this cruise with you all.
Robert - both mid 30s
Kelly

We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We were married on Castaway Cay exactly 10 years to the day that we will be here on this sailing. So, we thought it was meant to be that this sailing will
Actually put us back there on the exact date!!

We are sailing without our daughter, first trip without her but we are on the fantasy at the end of this month, so I feel a little less guilty!

This will be our 9th Disney cruise and third on the Dream. If any new cruisers have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Kelly aka Keggy

Welcome Kelly and Robert, we are looking forward to meeting you in December. :goodvibes We were on the Fantasy in May, it was amazing, you will have a great time. :thumbsup2

Elaine and Bryan

Welcome, everyone! I am getting so excited as time comes a little closer! Only 104 days left and soon we will be in the double digits!!! Yippeeee!!

I have started making our FE gifts and I am really pleased with how they are coming out! SO excited to share with you all.

I want to know how early we can board the ship. Is your boarding time really tied in to the time you designate online at check-in? Or, can you get on earlier if you show up earlier?

Ohhhhh, and I am also trying to lose weight before we go. I definitely will not be at my goal weight, as that is a rather large number to lose. However, I have lost 25 pounds this month and will continue to lose until the day of the cruise. Then, I am sure I will gain a few back! popcorn:: My goal for weight loss before the cruise was 50 pounds, but seeing as how I have lost 25 in one month, I am hoping for 75 or maybe even 100!

What a fantastic job you are doing! 25lbs is huge, congrats!

I'm a very fun size gal, so my goal loss is only 25lbs. I go to yoga 2x a week and a cardio class 1-2x a week. My scale hasn't moved much, but I had to buy smaller bras this week. Something must be working!

Also I use the my fitness pal app on my phone to keep track of everything I eat.

Hi fellow cruisers!

My DH and I will be on this cruise celebrating our Disneymoon! So excited as this is our first Disney cruise :-)

I am new to the board and would love to know how we can be added for the FE exchanges for this cruise!

Thanks!!!

OK, Summer is over. Not that I'm happy but it leaves me to plan our Disney Christmas! pixiedust:
I have added my name to our FE list. It will be the 3 of us in the cabin, myself, my husband, Jeff and our wonderful pre-teen son, Alec.
I am impatiently waiting for it to be Midnight on the East Coast so I can get in to make my reservations and plans on DCL website! It worked before but doesn't seem to be working this time. :crazy2:
I'm hoping to get Palo reservations for the first night as I don't think we will even do the dinner rotation on this cruise unless we find that there might be something different on the menus this time. We were on both the Magic and the Fantasy this June so we are good with all the food choices. Maybe I can wiggle in a 2nd Palo reservation? :cool1:
Well off I go to try again...wish me luck!
Sue

SueTGGR said:
OK, Summer is over. Not that I'm happy but it leaves me to plan our Disney Christmas! pixiedust:
I have added my name to our FE list. It will be the 3 of us in the cabin, myself, my husband, Jeff and our wonderful pre-teen son, Alec.
I am impatiently waiting for it to be Midnight on the East Coast so I can get in to make my reservations and plans on DCL website! It worked before but doesn't seem to be working this time. :crazy2:
I'm hoping to get Palo reservations for the first night as I don't think we will even do the dinner rotation on this cruise unless we find that there might be something different on the menus this time. We were on both the Magic and the Fantasy this June so we are good with all the food choices. Maybe I can wiggle in a 2nd Palo reservation? :cool1:
Well off I go to try again...wish me luck!
Sue

Hopefully you got your reservations! Can't wait to 'meet' everyone!

Hello!

Getting ready for our family's 2nd cruise, and was wondering if anyone can join the FE group? Can't wait for the December to be here!!

Tero81 said:
Hello!

Getting ready for our family's 2nd cruise, and was wondering if anyone can join the FE group? Can't wait for the December to be here!!

Hi tero81!

I found a google document on page 1 that I added my family's name to for the FE. Can't wait!!!

Here is a question. My oldest son will be a month from 11 when we depart. Do u think he would be allowed in the tween area? I think he would prefer that over the 3-10 age group.

Added our family on Fe list. Our son will be staying with my parents in other cabin, but they are not taking part to the FE so I added him to our cabin so he won't feel left out if that's OK?

Oh that's fine. How nice to have the cabin to yourselves! My mother in law thought of coming with us and was going to have one of our kids stay with her. But we booked late and couldn't get rooms close to each other. So she bowed out.

I've been away from the boards for a while, and happy to be back. Welcome to all our new friends, can't wait to meet you all in December. :thumbsup2

When doing FE gifts, do we do one for the family or one for each person? One for each day of the cruise or one for the duration of the trip?
I can answer this part, typically it is up to you. Most will do one for each person in the cabin but it is perfectly ok to do just something for the whole cabin. They are just guidelines. The only way you can get people grumbling is if you sign up and do nothing in return, in my experience. So there is no right or wrong. Oh and it is for the whole cruise, not each individual day, unless you really want to do it for each day :flower3:
Last time we had so many that we broke up cabins into groups and did a group each day.
I am not sure who is our main FE organizer but hopefully they will jump in and answer the rest.
Sue

Booked Palo for the hubs and me, 1st night at 830. Will childcare be available? Or do I need to cancel and do another night? Can't find the hours of the oceaner's club.

I can answer this part, typically it is up to you. Most will do one for each person in the cabin but it is perfectly ok to do just something for the whole cabin. They are just guidelines. The only way you can get people grumbling is if you sign up and do nothing in return, in my experience. So there is no right or wrong. Oh and it is for the whole cruise, not each individual day, unless you really want to do it for each day :flower3:
Last time we had so many that we broke up cabins into groups and did a group each day.
I am not sure who is our main FE organizer but hopefully they will jump in and answer the rest.
Sue

Wonderful! I've started making cabin gifts and bought some stuff for the kids so they will have more items. :-) I'm getting sooooo excited!

Ward On Board said:
Wonderful! I've started making cabin gifts and bought some stuff for the kids so they will have more items. :-) I'm getting sooooo excited!

Me too! This will be our first disney cruise and first time participating in an FE. What better way to celebrate our honeymoon!

:-)

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been quiet, work's been crazy! Let me know if anyone needs help with the fish extender doc. Glad to see it growing!

-C

pooh:
When doing FE gifts, do we do one for the family or one for each person? One for each day of the cruise or one for the duration of the trip? How many people/cabins generally participate and when will we have a final number to plan for? I'm excited to start planning--I just want to know the rules ahead of time to make sure I'm playing fair! :-)

We've finally decided on one gift per cabin, plus a little 'something English' pooh:to share.

Hello!

Any interest for FB on our FE group. I made a page for us in case anyone would like to share information through FB, personally I feel more comfortable sharing information privately through FB group. All the information is only shared for group members. It can be found under name:The Dream before Christmas, hopefully I didn't step on anyones toes when I did the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter