1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

December 16, 2012 Disney Dream 3-night

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by TheQueenMum, Feb 9, 2012.

1. TheQueenMum

TheQueenMum Minding the Princesses

Anyone else on this sailing? This will be the first half of our B2B! Hoping to get together a FE group!
    :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

4. annabell08

annabell08 Mouseketeer

My group of 6 ( my sister and I, my niece and her friend, and their two daughters (17) booked two cabins on this cruise. I wanted to see how the ship is decorated for Christmas.

5. TheQueenMum

6. Elaine Dragonlady

Elaine Dragonlady Mouseketeer

We've just booked! :cloud9: Myself (Elaine), :fish: husband Bryan, pirate: daughter Elisa :lovestruc and Son in law Terry :smickey:. We are in Staterooms 6014 and 6020. Unsure about FE yet, as we are on the Fantasy 19 - 26 May and not finished those FE gifts yet, but probably will participate.
    Can I suggest a name for our group - The Dream before Christmas.

Elaine

7. tinkerbelluk

tinkerbelluk Mouseketeer

Hey mum!!!!!

This is Elisa, Elaine Dragonlady's daughter. Terry and I are looking forward to December 16th, especially as this is going to be the first christmas season we've spent with my mum and dad since we got married. (We live in Florida and mum and dad in UK) :) :cheer2:

8. mswhitley

mswhitley Earning My Ears

We will be joining you!! It will be my fiance and I. It will be the first ever cruise for both of us and we cannot wait! :banana::yay::cheer2:

9. Elaine Dragonlady

Welcome. :cheer2: Looking forward to meeting you.

Elaine and Bryan.

10. TheQueenMum

Don't forget to sign up for our Fish Extenders!
    :)

11. Elaine Dragonlady

We're back from our 7 day Eastern Caribbean, :cloud9: and more excited than ever for December. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

12. maidenfairy

maidenfairy The Force is strong

We finally booked! I'm so excited I could just burst! We have been to the world multiple times and I've been wanting to do the Disney cruise for awhile now. 1.5 years ago we did a Carnival cruise and I remember seeing the Disney ship pull in and wishing I had just spent the extra money and been on that ship.

Here is my cast and crew

Me-Tonya
    Hubs-Ben
    Oliver-10
    Max-7

Anything I should know as a first time Disney Cruiser?

13. maidenfairy

maidenfairy The Force is strong

After researching what a FE is I think we would like to join that also. I think I have figured out how to make one and will start that. Thanks

14. Ward On Board

Ward On Board Mouseketeer

Hi! I am new here and this thread caught my attention. My family of 4 will be going on the Disney Dream Dec 16-19. It's our first cruise and our first Disney experience. We will be going to Disney World after the cruise for 4 days.

I'm really enjoying the threads and am glad to be a member! How does the FE exchange work? I added our names to the database along with our room number and ages.

Laura

15. TheQueenMum

16. Ward On Board

When doing FE gifts, do we do one for the family or one for each person? One for each day of the cruise or one for the duration of the trip? How many people/cabins generally participate and when will we have a final number to plan for? I'm excited to start planning--I just want to know the rules ahead of time to make sure I'm playing fair! :-)

17. TheQueenMum

Everyone does what they are comfortable with. I have done one per person, or one per cabin(plus stickers and candy for the kids) on my previous cruises, I have never done one per day, but I know some people do!

As far as limits and cut offs, we can do whatever works for the group, We are small so far so I am not worried about numbers, but I would think we should try to cut off a few weeks before the cruise so we can get everything finalized.

What does everyone else think?
    :cool1:

18. Ward On Board

Awesome! Thank you for the information. I think we will do one gift per stateroom and then some fun things for the kids. I've also got some ideas for the ladies that I really like. I've seen some really nice & cute gifts that I would like to recreate. It seems like men are the hardest!

I think we should cut it off about 3 weeks before the sail date so that we can finalize everything. I've read that some people have made 100+ gifts with as many as 80 staterooms. Is that common? I was thinking more along the lines of 30 staterooms and under!!!

Enjoy your day!

19. TheQueenMum

Wow! I can't imagine 80 rooms. Maybe if we are lucky enough to get that big we could split into 2 or 3 groups. :)

Also I think 3 weeks seems like a reasonable amount of time to finalize everything. So if everyone is good with 3 weeks we will close our list on November 25.

:)

Is it time to get on the boat yet?

20. Ward On Board

I agree...80 is a lot! I think you would have to split it up at that point. I hope we see an increase in numbers as we get closer to the sail date.

This is going to be the LONGEST 6 months of my life. I check Disney stuff daily in hopes of finding more tips, tricks and information. My husband just sits back and laughs.

Because this is our first cruise and first Disney experience, we really have NO clue what to expect other than what we've read. We are leaving our home in NC on December 14th and driving through the night. We will arrive on the 15th to see what Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral have to offer. We're staying at the International Palms Resort on the 15th and then excitedly boarding on the 16th with you all!!!! After the cruise, we are going to Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter for 4 days, spending a day at the Magic Kingdom and a day at Hollywood Studios.

Any tips or ideas for a first time cruiser who simply can't get enough information??

***EDIT***

I just found out that Disney is expected to release free dining for check in between 12/10 and 12/13! We might be switching our plans up a bit to take advantage of this great deal. We might go to Disney World before the cruise. Yippeee!!!

21. Ward On Board