• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

NWmom said:
And don't forget the women behind them that put up with them

Look my ship is almost at the edge.
We leave Thursday.

Absolutely the truth Skye! They get spurred on to act (or react) after we set the pace...... ;-)

SallyinAtlanta said:
So, how elaborate have you guys gotten with your fish extender gifts? In the past we've gotten a wide range of things. We'll probably keep it pretty simple since we're so last minute, but it would be good to know what others are up to...

As detailed or simple as you want them to be!

SallyinAtlanta said:
Could you remind me what are Champagne girls? I read this whole thread in a state of delerium after booking my cruise and can't remember most of it.

Just a gathering of ladies in pink to share in a glass of bubbly, and another excuse to get together!!!

SallyinAtlanta said:
So, how elaborate have you guys gotten with your fish extender gifts? In the past we've gotten a wide range of things. We'll probably keep it pretty simple since we're so last minute, but it would be good to know what others are up to...

I have a variety of FE gifts...kids ones and then I tried to be crafty and make X-mas ornaments for the adults...:). I should get an A for effort!

And don't forget the women behind them that put up with them

To all my fellow World Wide Men Club members............I must let ya'll all know just how GREAT this semi-retirement thing is. If at all possible I highly recomend it if you can. You can get more done around the house............run errands during the day and not feel rushed at all,(these first couple were for the wives benefit)..............watch more TV, if you want..............catch up reading that book you have always wanted to read.........................now if I can just get Donna to feed me some grapes while I lounge on the couch..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ain't gonea happen guys!!!!!!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I can't update the other (google hosted) cruise website, unless anybody knows how to do that. Also I am pretty blatantly increasing my post count now so I can use the PM feature.

You cant change anything on the google site and I am not changing that si. The cruiser and FE list is on th FB llist and I am emailing when needed,

Ours were simple. For the kids, I got mini stockings and stuffed them with mostly store bought, gender appropriate goodies. I did put something handmade in the girls'.
For the adults I bought plastic bags with holiday print on them and put store bought goodies inside. I'm working on one very simple handmade item. They are mostly assembled, but I need to laminate them. The FE box is going to FedEx bright and early tomorrow. I'll have to add the last handmade things afte we get to the ship. I'll also add some sweets.

Just a gathering of ladies in pink to share in a glass of bubbly, and another excuse to get together!!!
How fun does this sound?

Ours will be very simple.

LuvEeyore said:
You cant change anything on the google site and I am not changing that si. The cruiser and FE list is on th FB llist and I am emailing when needed,

Just wanted to make sure you got my PM. Would love to get the FB site and see if I can still participate in FE or if it is too late!

Thank you!!!

The Cruiser list and FE list are done(as much as they can be) I still need room assignments from some of you. One of the first things you wll get is an update...cant do that if I dont get the info.

To get your copy of the list as it stands now, go to the FB page. I have emailed those of you who requested. I will have copies at the meet Dec 15 2 pm at OGills. For those of you who arent on board yet, you will get an update in your FE at some point.

Please do not try to use the google website list as that is not the most up to date.

Lee:santa:

Absolute cutoff for Z group is noon on Dec 7.

Now to get ready for work in am and finish my baking for the cruise:rotfl2:

:cool1: So So close I just need more hours in the days and I'd be fine. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Teenager troubles - says shes not going - so I could be by myself - But I AM GOING ON THIS CRUISE!!! Say a prayer for us if you could , maybe she'll change her mind.

LuvEeyore said:
The Cruiser list and FE list are done(as much as they can be) I still need room assignments from some of you. One of the first things you wll get is an update...cant do that if I dont get the info.

To get your copy of the list as it stands now, go to the FB page. I have emailed those of you who requested. I will have copies at the meet Dec 15 2 pm at OGills. For those of you who arent on board yet, you will get an update in your FE at some point.

Please do not try to use the google website list as that is not the most up to date.

Thank you so much! Baking for the cruise...I am impressed!!! DH was trying on suit tonight ( which he rarely wears) and it looks like we have some last minute shopping!

For anyone in group Z my cabin consists of me (Denise-37), Jeff-40 and daughter Kaley-6. Sorry I had left some of my info out! Soooo ready for this cruise!!!!!

All FEs are packed! Funny thing is, they took up 2 suitcases and a roll on! That just means I have to buy more goodies for me while I am cruising to fill the cases back up to bring the cases home!

The next 171 hours are going to go very quickly. Hope everyone is getting ready... just not me... :eek:I will start to pack on Tuesday night. Is there anyone else out there that can pack for a week and not forget anything in under an hour?:confused3

Hello!!!

So we are getting really excited as the day approaches....

I've received our stateroom info......we're assigned to 9154. It is GTY so hopefully will be upgraded BUT I just noticed that the Doppler family is also slated for 9154???:confused3

I plan to bring a "we've moved" sign just in case.

Silly question....
Do we know which days are which dinners? For instance, when it the captain's dinner/ formal night, semi formal night, pirate night, etc? I'm sure it's in this huge thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

On the 11/3 cruise to San Juan it was as follows:

Sun is Formal night but regular rotational menu
Tue (St Thomas) is pirate niight, pirate menu
Thu is Semi-Formal, Captain's Gala dinner

Sun is Aladdin
Mon is Wishes
Thu is Believe

I was surprised there wasn't a special menu for Formal Night (at other times/other ships is was Prince/Princess menu). So whatever restaurant you will have in your rotation nights 1 and 2 will be duplicate menus on nights five and seven.

Here is the info I have been working with:

•Ooh La La Pink cocktail bar – capacity 43

Good...we should fit!

Took care of business today, notifying bank/CC company of travel plans, put mail on hold, bought trip insurance, checked arrival date of on line order (new clothes do the day I have to PACK THEM!!!).

Going to see if there are any other trip reports on later cruises to San Juan to see if anythig is different from the first one. On the Thanksgiving week cruise they had matinee showings of the stage shows, but that may have just been due to a full ship that week. I'll see if I can find out if they did that any other week.

Arghh as we unpacked we realized we forgot to pack some very important things.

First, Kevin and I started the Casey the Castaway Cat fan page a few hurricanes ago. Since then members (up to 190 now) have brought small single meal cans of cat food, or treats for Casey.

We even have some CM's on the island involved in giving us updates on how he is fairing after each hurricane.

Well, the Casey items are still in Washington state and there are no replacement items for sale in WDW without wheels.

Can anyone help me out- I can reimburse (I kept it under $5)- just not if everyone does it. This group is so fantastic, I could see everyone bringing things.

Second, the items I needed to finish up our FE gifts are with the treats for Casey. Thankfully they are more about personalization and prettiness being decorative and do not affect the functioning of our gifts, but still, it will look a little flat from what I was hoping to accomplish.
I did find something to help, but the end result is much less than I had hoped.

So, please know it was a mistake.

We are finishing breakfast (stomachs still on Pacific time) and going to head to MK. Hoping to eat at QS at lunch for Be Our Guest.

P.S The Christmas lights at OKW are beautiful

Just small cans of cat food or those reclosable treats bags.

Heading to breakfast in a few minutes. Stayed at the parks way too late last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter