Dec 11 Wonder-Anyone yet?

I've unpacked slowly.... trying to make the vacation last... only to leave me with extra stinky laundry... guess that wasn't a good idea....

Now off to finish Christmas shopping... just the stocking stuffers.

9 loads of laundry and 4 hours of ironing later...............finally done.

Now to get the house cleaned for Christmas-I'm doin' turkey for 20!

How about everyone else? Plans for Xmas?

We are a family of 3. We do Christmas alone. It's really peaceful. Thanksgiving is the stressful family time for us with the whole extended family. What did ya'll do at Nassau and Castaway Cay? We had 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! times at Palo. Can't imagine a cruise without it

We did the "shopping tour" with Rachel the Disney Cruise shopping lady, did the straw market and Atlantis (craziest taxi rides I have ever experienced in my life) and drank a bucket of beer at Senor Frogs.

Castaway Cay-kids Jetski-ed and the rest of the time just relaxed on the adult beach.

How about you guys?

All three of us went snorkling in Nassau. It was wonderful! The water was "refreshing" (FREEZING) so I was so thankful for our shorty wetsuits. At Castaway Cay we were going to go snorkling again, but they canceled the shore excursion due to the "wind". I'm quite sure they could have done the afternoon trip, but the number of attendees was probably not worth them taking the boat out. I am still very upset about that and wish I would have confronted them at the shore excursion counter....I don't know when I will be in the Caribbean again! Still had fun hanging out at Serenity Beach- a little cold. Do any of you have dds named Nichole, McKenzie, or Brooke. My dd Carrie became good friends with them, and they exchanged emails and phone numbers.

cruisinthecarribean said:
Still had fun hanging out at Serenity Beach- a little cold.

Were any of you surprised at how few people were in Serenity Bay that afternoon? DW and I felt like we had the place to ourselves. DW spent about an hour walking around and taking pictures. The water was a bit cold, but we loved it.

We got there about noon and there were only a handful of people. Stayed a couple of hours and had lunch. The water was so low that we walked out a long way and it was still only up to our knees. It was a little too cold and windy to sit out on the beach.
Actually we were surprised at how many loungers there were left at the kids beach. No problem getting four with an umbrella. Seemed to be a little more sheltered there and definitely lots more to see with all the kids running around.

It was a little cool. The water was warmer than it gets up here in the middle of summer, from RI. I spent 2 1/2 hours snorkling, yes I have the blister scar to prove it... darn flippers! DH and I were suprised to find the beach not crowded when took the ride out to Serenity bay. Wish we had time there, but I couldn't leave my DD with my mom all day... after the snorkling adventure. Whole idea of the family trip was to spend time with the family. I'd like to spend a few days just at Castaway Cay... think Disney will ever entertain that Idea??? :earboy2:

Guess I'll have to start saving for our next visit... :confused3

We went to the Castaway Club party and the Captain mentioned a cruise next year that will "double dip" and spend 2 days at Castaway Cay. That would be great! :sunny:

I think there is already a thread for that one - it's been open for booking for a while. $$$$$ even more than a regular 7 day! :earseek:

Hey did anyone snap pictures of any of the door signs? Put some up on our door, but never took pictures of it. :confused3 Just wondering if anyone has a picture... of room 2046, I would like to see it.

Thanks.

Hey, has anyone recieved their Cataway Club membership yet? Does anyone know when you usually recieve it?

TIA :flower3:

Received ours about 4-6 weeks after our first cruise.

Our kids have not yet received theirs from this past Dec cruise (their first).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter