Debt Dumpers - 2013

I'm all for getting rid of debt and we are almost there!! We haven't been to Disney since 2010 so we could focus on getting rid of the debt. We did not give up vacations- just made them much shorter and close to home- the zoo and hotel for a night, Sea World in San Antonio for a day or two, trips to visit Grandparents and cousins (free room and board!). My kids still had a blast and still have great memories!

Besides our mortgage, we are on track to be done with our truck payment in June. That will be it! We're hoping to be done sooner with my wife's income added to the payments but it's all commission, and therefore unpredictable so hard to put on the spreadsheet! It is because of that end date and the "freedom" of being rid of everything else that we have our June trip scheduled! And it is NOT adding to our debt. It will all be paid for in CASH!

Best of luck to all doing this debt dump. It can be done - and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is such a great reward!

Yay for everyone joining the debt dump diet! Thank you to StitchesGr8Fan for starting this thread! By the way StitchesGr8Fan congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your new baby! I will hopefully have a little extra at the end of the month to put towards a CC bill, as of right now I am on track to make all payments neccessary to be out of debt Jan 2015! There are two Christmas's in that time frame so that makes me nervous, I put too much on the CC's this Christmas and don't want to do that ever again!!!!!:santa:

Yes I concur thanks to OP, this is an awesome thread. we made our first principle only payment this month of $1500 & will make another next week! We are basically living off DH income and all/most of mine is going directly to principle on our mortgage! Not the most fun thing but very satisfying!

Got paid today and took care of bills this morning. I was able to pay off the Kohls card ($303.25) and paid $200 towards Sam's Club. Total owed on that was $717. I plan to send another $200 next payday, then pay it off the following one.

The next cc on the list is a small one too, about $750. One step at a time though, snowballing my way through.

You should be very proud of yourself. It is the small steps that make the biggest difference in the long term. Just think next month you have one less bill that is coming in the mail.

Way to Go!!!:yay::yay:

I am joining this thread cause I want to be debt free by the end of the yr. My husband has a loan thru our credit union. It will be paid off next wk. Yay:cool1:
That money will go towards paying off a credit card debt. Both cars are paid off but need of repairs. We hope that it is minor repairs cause we don't want a car note. Hubby is looking for a part tme job for we can pay down debt faster.

I am with you!! We have a good bit of debt to get paid off this year!! We are hoping to be able to take our next trip next year...we'll see....

Our main goals:
  • 4 credit cards (2 are maxed!) :eek:
  • DD's Furniture (just paid off her bed, still owe on her dresser!) :headache:
  • Taxes, loans, etc from my business that closed last year. :sad2:

UPDATE:

Today I paid off 1 credit card!!!! ($338!) :cool1: (it's the smallest one!)
And I also got the sales taxes from my business finally paid off!!! ($218!) :thumbsup2
Also, going to have the $400 put away to pay for DH's crown that will be done on the 5th!!!
Yay!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

mrssmith06 said:
UPDATE:

Today I paid off 1 credit card!!!! ($338!) :cool1: (it's the smallest one!)
And I also got the sales taxes from my business finally paid off!!! ($218!) :thumbsup2
Also, going to have the $400 put away to pay for DH's crown that will be done on the 5th!!!
Yay!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Good job!

I'm late joining but need to do this so bad! I have several old bills that really need to be cleaned up and gotten rid of. That's my goal for this year as well as paying off DS's car. My biggest problem seems to be the groceries. My last paycheck of the 2012, I tried to keep track of how much we spent on groceries and household stuff like cleaners and paper products. It was right at $400. That's ridiculous!! I have got to figure out a way to lessen that bill so I have more to pay on other bills.

Shmily1 said:
I'm late joining but need to do this so bad! I have several old bills that really need to be cleaned up and gotten rid of. That's my goal for this year as well as paying off DS's car. My biggest problem seems to be the groceries. My last paycheck of the 2012, I tried to keep track of how much we spent on groceries and household stuff like cleaners and paper products. It was right at $400. That's ridiculous!! I have got to figure out a way to lessen that bill so I have more to pay on other bills.

Is that $400 per month? Because that is pretty good for a family per month.

I am so happy to see a thread like this!!! I am paying a credit card off today and will only owe on one more! I would love to have it paid off by June 1st, but I surely don't think that is going to happen. But by the end of the year it will be paid off!

I have to say, I come on the boards quite a bit, and don't post a ton, but normally on the budget board I always got the feeling from other posts that no one had any kind of debt on here!!! So I'm glad to see there are others like me that do!

I am so happy to see a thread like this!!! I am paying a credit card off today and will only owe on one more! I would love to have it paid off by June 1st, but I surely don't think that is going to happen. But by the end of the year it will be paid off!

I have to say, I come on the boards quite a bit, and don't post a ton, but normally on the budget board I always got the feeling from other posts that no one had any kind of debt on here!!! So I'm glad to see there are others like me that do!

I always got that impression too!:lmao:

Working on debt while still making memories...

We are actually lucky because the first few years if a kids life are cheaper toy and activity wise. They are as happy with the box the toy came in as they are with the toy. So we can make memories and pay down debt by staying home and reading books and spending time together, and our little one won't know his friends are going on fancy trips and getting designer clothes. Then in 3-4 years we can go on that magical first trip without feeling guilty that the vacation money could have gone to student loans.

I always got that impression too!:lmao:

Working on debt while still making memories...

Me three....that's why I don't post much either. Just a lurker.....:wave2:

No, that was for two weeks. I wish it was for a month.

Have you tried couponing? I see that you live in GA. We are a family of 5, and I shop at Kroger, Aldi, sometimes at Walmart and Ingles. I found alot of deals (manager specials on yogurts and ground beef) at Ingles. I cook that gb that day or the next. Recently I found out about MegaMart and buy fresh fruit and veggies, and meats there. I probably spends about what you spend in a month cause I look at deals and cook my meals around specials.

No, that was for two weeks. I wish it was for a month.

Do you use coupons at all? I'm not like the crazy coupon people, but I am using more and more and it really helps out a lot. We are lucky that we can use the Commissary, because groceries are so much cheaper there, and I have been saving about $25 to $50 every 2 weeks and while it doesn't sound like a lot, for a family of 2 it's not bad, or at least I don't think it is. We average about $350 a month for groceries, including cleaning supplies, paper products, personal hygeine products, laundry items, and food for 6 pets (4 cats, a dog, and a rabbit).

I have done a few match ups at Target (1 manufacturers coupon and 1 Target coupon) to get some items really cheap, but I don't have time to match up stuff for all the drug stores, and the savings really isn't there for me.

I do try to stock up on paper products, laundry soap, dish soap, and hand soap when I find it cheap with a coupon, that stuff will keep for a long time, but I just don't have the room for anything else to stock up.

Have you tried couponing? I see that you live in GA. We are a family of 5, and I shop at Kroger, Aldi, sometimes at Walmart and Ingles. I found alot of deals (manager specials on yogurts and ground beef) at Ingles. I cook that gb that day or the next. Recently I found out about MegaMart and buy fresh fruit and veggies, and meats there. I probably spends about what you spend in a month cause I look at deals and cook my meals around specials.

I love the Atlanta paper for coupons, I get 2 every Sunday and I print from Coupons.com and Couponbug.com. The Commissary has a Coupons Rewards card now that I can add coupons to from their website. When we travel and in a larger city, I pick up a paper, they have some of the best coupons.

I love the Atlanta paper for coupons, I get 2 every Sunday and I print from Coupons.com and Couponbug.com. The Commissary has a Coupons Rewards card now that I can add coupons to from their website. When we travel and in a larger city, I pick up a paper, they have some of the best coupons.

I stay in Atl, and the AJC has a lot of coupons in it last Sunday. Shoot, I should have gotten 2. I'm going to check out Couponbug.com. I've heard alot of people mention it.

I stay in Atl, and the AJC has a lot of coupons in it last Sunday. Shoot, I should have gotten 2. I'm going to check out Couponbug.com. I've heard alot of people mention it.

I didn't get as many coupons in the AJC last week, as I did the week before. I had 15 iunserts between my 2 AJC and my 1 local paper. I use WTVM.com to access couponbug.com, sometimes, they have 30 pages of coupons.

Do you use coupons at all? I'm not like the crazy coupon people, but I am using more and more and it really helps out a lot. We are lucky that we can use the Commissary, because groceries are so much cheaper there, and I have been saving about $25 to $50 every 2 weeks and while it doesn't sound like a lot, for a family of 2 it's not bad, or at least I don't think it is. We average about $350 a month for groceries, including cleaning supplies, paper products, personal hygeine products, laundry items, and food for 6 pets (4 cats, a dog, and a rabbit).

I have done a few match ups at Target (1 manufacturers coupon and 1 Target coupon) to get some items really cheap, but I don't have time to match up stuff for all the drug stores, and the savings really isn't there for me.

I do try to stock up on paper products, laundry soap, dish soap, and hand soap when I find it cheap with a coupon, that stuff will keep for a long time, but I just don't have the room for anything else to stock up.

:thumbsup2 For the commissary!! So glad we can also shop there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter