• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

:rotfl: You kill me..."DxDP = Overeating"!!!! Soooooooo true, but oh how I love it! And the Poly:cloud9:....as I was looking at your pics, I could almost smell that tropical scent. Of course some say it smells horrible...I beg to differ:snooty: That's one of my favorite resorts....right along with the GF....and the CR....I'll stop now.

Nice photos!

Aaaaaah, the Poly. I just loved that day! The Polynesian is my favorite resort (the first one I ever stayed at when I was little) and I LOVE that lobby smell too! hahahahah!

We DO have an awesome time together, Emma and I, and we have made so many incredible memories at WDW and lots of other places! She's a pretty amazing young woman. Okay, okay, sorry Em, enough gushing...great update! :love:

Oh I love Kona and I love the Poly! Ii can't wait to hear about your lunch there!:p

It was our first time eating at Kona for lunch, so we were excited!! It was delicious!!

I love your updates! Especially all of your pictures! Your camera takes really nice pictures...of course you have something to do with that as well.

Can't wait to hear how lunch was at Kona!!

Thank you! I love taking pictures (I'm sure it's obvious) but I'm glad you like them too! :goodvibes

I can't wait to share!

Love your pictures girl! Let's just talk about how much I love seeing pictures of the Contemporary/BLT, so THANKS for those!!!

I really want to stay at the Poly soon! It's so beautiful and OOOH THAT SMELL... can'cha smell that smelllll? (Okay, sorry... Lynyrd Skynyrd song lyrics.)

Can't wait to hear about your lunch! I've never been to Kona so this will be fun to hear about!

Thank you! Of course! I tried to get some good ones, but I'm not too sure they came out very well. Oh well! There's always more trips, right! ;)

Oh, it is just heavenly!!! Everything about the Poly is amazing!! :lmao: You are too funny!!!! I do the same thing! Sometimes songs just pop into my head. :confused3 :laughing:

I can't wait to share!

:rotfl: You kill me..."DxDP = Overeating"!!!! Soooooooo true, but oh how I love it! And the Poly:cloud9:....as I was looking at your pics, I could almost smell that tropical scent. Of course some say it smells horrible...I beg to differ:snooty: That's one of my favorite resorts....right along with the GF....and the CR....I'll stop now.

Nice photos!

It is!!! We ate soooo much on that trip, but it was so worth it! :love: We tried some great new things that we normally would not have, so I think it was a really good deal. Yes, yes, the Poly!!! :love: Such a wonderful place!! Those pictures take me right back, except I realize that I'm still stuck in freezing New England instead! :laughing: I'd love to smell that smell right now!!!!

Aaaaaah, the Poly. I just loved that day! The Polynesian is my favorite resort (the first one I ever stayed at when I was little) and I LOVE that lobby smell too! hahahahah!

We DO have an awesome time together, Emma and I, and we have made so many incredible memories at WDW and lots of other places! She's a pretty amazing young woman. Okay, okay, sorry Em, enough gushing...great update! :love:

Me too! It felt great to be back! :goodvibes It is definitely my favorite too!

:goodvibes Aww, we do!! LOL, thanks Mom! <3

Kona Lunch
June 21, 2012

We were seated, and served by a very nice woman from the Dominican Republic who actually knew where Vermont was! That’s saying something as because I’ve had some people that I’ve met out of state think we are a part of New York!!! :scared: She was like they have really good Maple Syrup! And Green Mountains!! LOL! Yes, yes, we do...

ANYWAY, we ordered our drinks- I had the Mega Berry Smoothie and a water.

IMG_1629.jpg

Mom ordered the Lapu Lapu with an iced tea. I just love the idea! I mean, it’s a PINEAPPLE!!! How cool!

IMG_1630.jpg

For an appetizer, I ordered the pot stickers. OMG they are AMAZING! I wish I could’ve had that as my meal! I mean, like DELICIOUS things right here! They weren’t spicy at all, but they were very tasty!

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

For Mom’s appetizer, she ordered Lump Crab Cake. She said they were delicious and moist and not too fishy. She really liked them!!

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

For my entrée, I ordered the Pan-Fried Chicken with Coconut and Mango Sauces. This was ok… I mean, it was a bit strangely spiced. And there wasn’t enough mango sauce, and the sauce was good! I just didn’t like the chicken very much, but the rice and macaroni salad were good!!

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

Mom ordered the Pan Asian Noodles with Chicken for her entrée. This was really good! It was a HUGE portion, so since I didn’t eat much of my chicken, I snagged some bites from Mom!

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

For dessert, I ordered the Chocolate Banana Crème Brulee! This was delicious!!! I was so full, so I couldn’t finish it, but my goodness it was yummy!

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

Mom ordered the Chocolate Fondue. Wow, this was delicious too!! The fruit was amazing by itself, and anything in chocolate is better!!

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

Our server was so sweet that she brought us two macaroons on the house!

IMG_1643.jpg

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves! It was a delicious meal for the most part, and our server was super nice! The atmosphere was really cool, and I would definitely try Kona again!

Good grief!!!! Take me there now!!! We've eaten at Kona several times, and the creme brulee has never disappointed...ever! The dumplings look outstanding, too. I'm with you...can't say the chicken does anything for me. We love the LapuLapus, too, but be careful...they sneak up on ya;) I haven't had one in a couple of years, but it appears they've done something different with the top.....

IMG_6253.jpg

Sorry:rolleyes1....had to share my lapulapu with you, and take myself back to the Poly:rolleyes: if only for a minute.

Just curious, how was the overall service? We LOVE the food there, but last time the service was super slow. However, it wouldn't deter me from visiting again.

Great pics, Emma!!! Now I'll be thinking about the Poly all day driving my husband crazy with old photos! :laughing:

Heather

Love your picture, Heather! Yes, Lapu Lapu's are AMAZING! I adore them, but you're right, they are sure potent! I canNOT go to the Poly and not have one, it's just one of those things. :thumbsup2

~Nancy~

Overall, it sounds like y'all had a really nice meal! Those pot stickers look very yummy! Wish I could have that for my lunch right now. :rotfl:

Your food at Kona looks soooooo good!! I want to be there right now! I had the Lapu Lapu at Ohana, delish! That chocolate fondue desert looks yummy! I haven't eaten anything at Kona but breakfast (Tonga Toast, drooling thinking about it!) but we will def have to try lunch or dinner next time we are there!

The food at the Kona is always good...your lunch looks yummy...

I love it... you are like totally crushing on the Poly... you can see it in your photos... you are in love with the Polynesian...:love:

Yum, your meal sounds delicious!!! I have a breakfast reservation at Kona for my November trip... If you liked lunch there, you should really check out breakfast. Tonga Toast? That stuff is no joke. I've heard good things about the macademia nut pancakes, too... I just can't bring myself to order anything else, though!

Good grief!!!! Take me there now!!! We've eaten at Kona several times, and the creme brulee has never disappointed...ever! The dumplings look outstanding, too. I'm with you...can't say the chicken does anything for me. We love the LapuLapus, too, but be careful...they sneak up on ya;) I haven't had one in a couple of years, but it appears they've done something different with the top.....

IMG_6253.jpg

Sorry:rolleyes1....had to share my lapulapu with you, and take myself back to the Poly:rolleyes: if only for a minute.

Just curious, how was the overall service? We LOVE the food there, but last time the service was super slow. However, it wouldn't deter me from visiting again.

Great pics, Emma!!! Now I'll be thinking about the Poly all day driving my husband crazy with old photos! :laughing:

Heather

Love the picture! :thumbsup2 That's too funny! It really does take you back. I wish I was there right now! :goodvibes

I didn't make a note of the service being very slow, but I don't remember exactly. It wasn't enough to take away from the yummy food!! ;)

Overall, it sounds like y'all had a really nice meal! Those pot stickers look very yummy! Wish I could have that for my lunch right now. :rotfl:

It was!! I do too! I am craving those pot stickers! YUM!

Your food at Kona looks soooooo good!! I want to be there right now! I had the Lapu Lapu at Ohana, delish! That chocolate fondue desert looks yummy! I haven't eaten anything at Kona but breakfast (Tonga Toast, drooling thinking about it!) but we will def have to try lunch or dinner next time we are there!

It so was!! The fruit was very fresh! We had breakfast there a few years ago, and loved the Tonga Toast too!! Lunch/Dinner is definitely worth a try! :goodvibes

The food at the Kona is always good...your lunch looks yummy...

I love it... you are like totally crushing on the Poly... you can see it in your photos... you are in love with the Polynesian...:love:

It was so good!!

LOL! I totally am!! :goodvibes It's definitely my favorite!!

Yum, your meal sounds delicious!!! I have a breakfast reservation at Kona for my November trip... If you liked lunch there, you should really check out breakfast. Tonga Toast? That stuff is no joke. I've heard good things about the macademia nut pancakes, too... I just can't bring myself to order anything else, though!

It was!! We've eaten breakfast there a few years ago, and it was amazing!! I've never had the pancakes either! :rotfl: Same problem- I can't see NOT having the Tonga Toast!! LOL!

YUM, those pot stickers look really good! I have a new obsession with pot stickers after having the ones at 'Ohana! :laughing:

Sorry your entree wasn't the greatest! It looks a little off, even in the picture! :confused: Your mom's meal looks so good though! I just LOVE Asian chicken. It's so stinking good.

All caught up!

Love your train ride pictures, that camera is really fabulous. The poly IS one of the most photogenic. Well, maybe not. Heck, they all are. I love that store too, wish I'd have had time to pop in there this trip but it didn't happen.

Lunch looks good, I love Kona, but that's a bummer about your chicken just being meh.

WTG Mom with a Lapu for lunch! :thumbsup2 They are tasty.

All caught up!

Love your train ride pictures, that camera is really fabulous. The poly IS one of the most photogenic. Well, maybe not. Heck, they all are. I love that store too, wish I'd have had time to pop in there this trip but it didn't happen.

Lunch looks good, I love Kona, but that's a bummer about your chicken just being meh.

Hahahahaha! Thanks! ;)

All caught up!

Thank you! I love my camera! I agree- every Disney resort is photogenic!

I think I was expecting it to be a lot better, and it really wasn't. It wasn't horrible, but meh is right!

The Room part I
June 21, 2012

After our yummy lunch, we got on the monorail to head back to MK in order to take a bus back to POFQ. It took FOREVER for a bus to get there!! This is a common theme throughout our trip- we seemed to have bad bus luck. We retrieved our luggage, and went to our room to unpack and decorate! Obviously, I took pictures first!

We were located in building six, right on the river! It was a great location, and it was very quiet most of the time.

Port-Orleans-FQ-Map-Clean.gif

Our room was beautiful and clean- no complaints here!!

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

Hidden Mickey!

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

Pretty shower curtain!

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

Love the carpet:

IMG_1668.jpg

Our view…

Looking straight out:

IMG_1671.jpg

Looking left:

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Looking right:

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Once I finished my pictures, we unpacked our stuff, I took a shower, and we started to decorate!!

This was a bit of a trying experience for us…LOL, there were objects and bodies thrown on beds out of despair and frustration, but ultimately, everything stuck and our window was decorated!

The Room part II
June 21, 2012

Our finished product:

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

We also hung a whiteboard on our door for people to leave messages. This didn’t get used often, but it was pretty cool! I think it was because we were in a less-traveled area and not many people passed by our room.

We finished up our room and got ready to head out to our dinner destination!

I love what you've done with the place! Seriously, your window looks awesome!! I stayed at POR at Christmas a few years ago and decorated our windows. It was fun to walk around and look for other decorated windows! It's like you know their Dis-er's!

I just love the look of the rooms at POFQ. They are so pretty! Those shower curtains remind me of Vera Bradley which is an automatic plus!

Yall did a great job on your window! So awesome!

Awww man I love you guys.... You're such a corny, sentimental duo- I can so relate... All of those great mother-daughter trip decorations...I could so see my daughter and I doing that...:)

Love that room too... How pretty is that? You guys must have been really pleased when you opened the door....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter