Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emma212010, Jul 5, 2012.

1. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

I'm a bit of a Rope Drop junkie...for real! Love, love, love it!!! It's just something about being there super early...crowds are low...rides are empty...temperatures are low....what more can I say :laughing: Can't wait to see the new Fantasy Land! Dumbo looks awesome, but no surprise. I wouldn't expect any less from Disney. Looking forward to seeing more pics!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

I love it too!! Yes, the day is looking up! :goodvibes Dumbo is just such a fun and feel-good ride!

They really are!

Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful trip, and I'm excited to hear all about it!! I applaud you for catching up on this TR so quickly!! It took me FOREVER to catch up on the ones I was following when I got back!

We really did! It was great to see our family, and yes, she was a very pretty and happy bride!

I love POFQ!! I was so excited to check in! Yes, it was a headache, but the day definitely improved!!

4. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

I do too! It's a perfect combination of all the good stuff at Disney! I totally agree! :goodvibes FL looks like it's going to be amazing- obviously ;)... I've been stalking the picture updates of the construction, and I CANNOT wait to see it in person!!!

5. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

To Infinity... AND BEYOND!
    June 21, 2012

We were walking out of Tomorrowland when we realized that Buzz only had a 10 minute wait, so we hopped in line!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took pictures, so my score was shameful….I’m not very good at these types of games anyway! Even though I’m very competitive! LOL!

[​IMG]

Ride photo- I had my game face on! LOL!

[​IMG]

We rode the TTA right after, and took in the atmosphere! We were in the Magic Kingdom!!! Yay!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It wasn’t very busy yet in Tomorrowland- which always makes for nice pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hadn’t had breakfast yet, and we were saving it for something special!

Getting closer….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drum roll please……….

6. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

THE MAIN STREET BAKERY
    June 21, 2012

Sooo, what'll it be for breakfast??

THE MAIN STREET BAKERY CINNAMON ROLLS!!!!! Let the angels sing! This thing is beautiful! OMG, I’m craving one right now!

While we were waiting, I took some pictures of the delectable food! YUM!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And there it is, at the end of the line… it’s so beautiful!

[​IMG]

We were splitting one, so we asked for two plates, and the CM gave us the biggest roll on the tray!!! I was so excited to eat this!!

[​IMG]

It was about 9:30 when we left the Bakery, and we decided to use our Space Mountain FPs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holy cow, was that ride fun!!! I hadn’t ridden it in a very long time, and it was just so fun! I was in the front, and it was the craziest feeling EVER! OMG, it was my favorite!

We then went over to cool off in The Carousel of Progress.

[​IMG]

We rode the TTA one more time before heading into Storybook Circus to take pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love these little peanuts! They look so real!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Zuzu03

Zuzu03 DIS Veteran

Great update, my Emma! I'm craving ANY of those pastries about now! hahahah!! Lordy, I wish we were there right now! :) Especially because it SNOWED today here in Vermont! Yup, October 12th and it snowed - a lot! Luckily it didn't stick, but it sure was cold! *sigh* Dreaming of palm trees and Disney magic!!!!

8. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

There's something about a picture of baked goods... even if you don't particularly like some of the pastries, they all look SO GOOD when they're together like that. YUM YUM.

I can't believe the size of that cinnamon roll! That's the size of like, 6 regular sized ones combined! :lmao:

Love all your pictures! I agree, Storybook Circus is the cutest!

9. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Your new camera officially rocks, though I suspect your use of it has a lot to do with it as well. Love the colors and clarity in your buzz pictures and the picture of the two of you is a riot!

That cinnamon roll is HUGE! No way could I eat a whole one.

Though at the moment I'd be tempted to try.

Fun update.

10. beachphotog

beachphotog Pass me a margarita

Mmmmm, I want a cinnamon roll, like right now!!!

Love the pics at storybook circus... The theming is fantastic!

Man, now I'm really craving one of those cinnamon rolls!

11. PracPerfPatricia

PracPerfPatricia DIS Veteran

I love Space Mountain too... it's so disorienting in a good way...:cool1:

Love your photo of "new" Dumbo... great details...like the peanuts in the ground...

Everyone who has those cinnamon rolls raves about them... I'm going have to try them...(supposedly the icing is cream cheese and you can ask for extra?)

I'm glad that you and you mom are so obviously having such a good time together...:goodvibes

12. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

Ok, how come I have never gotten one of those cinnamon rolls?!? OMG! That thing looks delicious! I don't think I knew how yummy those things look or else I'm sure I would have treated myself to one of those by now. I love cinnamon rolls. I am ALWAYS in the mood for a good cinnamon roll. :cloud9:

Sounds like y'all were having a fun day in MK! I'm not good at Buzz either - don't feel bad.

Love the Storybook Circus pictures. I really think Disney did a fantastic job in that area especially with the little details like the peanuts in the walkway at Dumbo.

13. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

Emma, I love the pics of the castle!! You can never have too many;) It didn't look crowded at all...lucky yall...or either you were just super duper early. The People Mover (TTA) is probably one of my favorite rides, silly as that may sound. I love riding it when it's really hot and ya need a break. Glad the weather has finally cleared for yall...looks perfect!

Heather

14. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Thanks!! I know! They look sooo good! No snow here to speak of yet, but it sure is cold!!

Oh, I know!! It's like everything looks delicious. I just loooove the bakery!

Right?? It tastes better than like 6 combined too! :rotfl2: It's so good, and I am craving one right now!!!

Thank you! LOL, I'm pretty amateur, but the camera sure makes it easy!

Isn't it?? My goodness, it is just amazingly delicious but I'm with ya! NO WAY I could eat the whole thing in one sitting!

Me too! :goodvibes

Thank you! I love that area! It's so cute! I can't wait to see the rest of the new Fantasyland!!!!!

I agree! It's so much fun.

Thank you! It's such a cool area!

NO WAY???!!!! Extra?? I might die! :rotfl: I would have to be in a cinnamon roll mood to have extra icing because it was amazing even with the normal amount.

Thank you! We do! Disney has always been our "thing" :goodvibes

It really is!! You MUST try it next time, but it is huge, so sharing may be necessary! ;) Cinnamon rolls are my favorite!!

I'm a very competitive person, so I always get so mad because my score is always horrible! LOL! This time I made the excuse of picture taking! :rotfl:

Thank you!! I agree! Everything is just so magical! :goodvibes

Thank you! And, I agree! :goodvibes The castle is my favorite thing to photograph! No, the crowds were very light that morning! It was nice, and the sky was clear too! That changed, as I'm sure you know! :rotfl: The TTA is also one of my favorites! It's so relaxing and a great way to take a break! We rode it MANY times this trip! :thumbsup2

15. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

All Aboard!!
    June 21, 2012

We hopped on the train, and I just sat quietly and twiddled my thumbs…. JUST KIDDING! I took pictures!!!! Again. I’m seriously in love with my camera…it only gets worse people!! Get out now if you are not a picture lover… although I’m not really sure who doesn’t love pictures?? Maybe I just love them too much? Hmmm, I think there’s a balance… I just haven’t found it! Ok, enough rambling! Let’s see some PICTURES!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We rode an entire loop, and then another stop, so we could get off at the front of the park.

16. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Aloooooohaaaaaa!
    June21, 2012

We grabbed the stuff from the locker, and got in line for the monorail!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was a security dog sniffing out criminals in all of the cars! There was extra security because of the presidential candidates who were speaking at the Contemporary.

[​IMG]

The view was beautiful as usual!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

News channel vans were already setting up for that afternoon’s speech.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, ALOOOOHAAAAA!!!!!

[​IMG]

Yay!! We love the Poly sooooo much! We were really excited to eat at Kona for lunch! We were a bit early for our 12:35pm ADR, so we wandered the resort and… TOOK PICTURES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahhhhh, it smelled so good, felt so good, it was PERFECT!!! We were so happy to be back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Don't miss the previous updates on the page before!!

Life is a Beach part I
    June 21, 2012​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We headed outside to take pictures of the most beautiful and photogenic resort! <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Life is a Beach part II
    June 21, 2012

The construction going on over at the Grand Floridian:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we went back inside to look around some more. We headed into Boutiki (aka the BEST STORE EVER!!). I loveeee their dresses!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were getting hungry, so we went to see if we could get in early. We did! We were seated at 12:10pm! Kona is such a cool restaurant! We were on the DxDP starting today which = overeating starting today! LOL! It was all so good though! Ok, our meals were pretty good. But before we get into food, I took PICTURES! Of course…. LOL! This place was so pretty!! The décor was awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While we were waiting, we looked over the railing taking in the beauty of the room. It just makes me so happy!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A hidden Mickey!!!

[​IMG]

19. beachphotog

beachphotog Pass me a margarita

Oh I love Kona and I love the Poly! Ii can't wait to hear about your lunch there!:p

20. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

I love your updates! Especially all of your pictures! Your camera takes really nice pictures...of course you have something to do with that as well.

Can't wait to hear how lunch was at Kona!!

21. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

Love your pictures girl! Let's just talk about how much I love seeing pictures of the Contemporary/BLT, so THANKS for those!!!

I really want to stay at the Poly soon! It's so beautiful and OOOH THAT SMELL... can'cha smell that smelllll? (Okay, sorry... Lynyrd Skynyrd song lyrics.)

Can't wait to hear about your lunch! I've never been to Kona so this will be fun to hear about!