Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

Hooray for French Quarter! That is definitely my favorite moderate resort. (Except for the creepy statues.) It's just so quaint and beautiful.

Lovely wedding photos... Beautiful reception venue...:goodvibes You know you really are a Diser (as previously stated by Heather) when you're doing real life updates... complete with Photos...;)

Ahhhh.... Port Orleans was the first hotel on property I stayed at... and I have incredibly fond memories of it... it's so pretty...

Hmmm empty turnstiles and angry mobs sounds a little ... scary... kind of French Revolution like... storming the Bastille and all of that...:confused3

Thank you! I love taking pictures! :goodvibes I guess you're right! :rolleyes:

Mine too! I was three years old, and it's been my favorite ever since!! It has gorgeous grounds!

:rotfl2: Oh, just wait!! It's pretty crazy! ;)

Yay for Port Orleans! We LOVE it so much - Emma and I couldn't WAIT to get over there. I love early mornings at WDW when there are only a few people out and about. It has its own magic The CM who checked us in was from Belgium and was so nice! That morning was so much fun! :)

Yes it was for sure!! POFQ is so pretty!

Hooray for French Quarter! That is definitely my favorite moderate resort. (Except for the creepy statues.) It's just so quaint and beautiful.

It's my favorite by far!! :rotfl: The creepy statues give it character! LOL! You just can't stare at them for too long! The grounds are so beautiful, and it's usually so quiet!

I have been to that restaurant. And the funny thing is....I may have been to a reception at the same place! I'm going to have to look but my sister got married there and we stayed at a horrid hotel, not far from that restaurant. Dinner was good, the service was weird and our hotel was awful. Reception lovely though and it really reminds me of our cousins location. It was a good 8 years ago so my brain has turned to mush and I've no idea if it was the same spot or not.

I can't stand the push button start, always afraid I'll leave the fob in the car. Something about the action of turning "off" the car is important to me. Gorgeous pics, especially the bubble one. Even funnier...the closest I've been to the R&R hall of fame is that same airport gift shop, where I bought our oldest a couple of things. LOL!

And oh my are you the early bird resort changers, wow! Very impressive. PORFQ is so pretty, I've never been there but it always looks lovely. Good call on the cab.

I have been to that restaurant. And the funny thing is....I may have been to a reception at the same place! I'm going to have to look but my sister got married there and we stayed at a horrid hotel, not far from that restaurant. Dinner was good, the service was weird and our hotel was awful. Reception lovely though and it really reminds me of our cousins location. It was a good 8 years ago so my brain has turned to mush and I've no idea if it was the same spot or not.

I can't stand the push button start, always afraid I'll leave the fob in the car. Something about the action of turning "off" the car is important to me. Gorgeous pics, especially the bubble one. Even funnier...the closest I've been to the R&R hall of fame is that same airport gift shop, where I bought our oldest a couple of things. LOL!

And oh my are you the early bird resort changers, wow! Very impressive. PORFQ is so pretty, I've never been there but it always looks lovely. Good call on the cab.

Really? That's so funny! Small world! :) It was a really beautiful area!! I just don't remember the town it was in!

I agree! The push start thing was hard to get used to, and I don't know if I'd like it! Like, what if it broke or something!! :rotfl2: :scared: That's not pleasant to think about!

:rotfl: We wanted to get there! It was early, but we were excited! It's so pretty! I took TONS of pictures... of course! ;)

Early Bird Gets the Worm... and Bad Luck!
June 21, 2012

We checked in and dropped our luggage off at luggage services. By 6:30am, we were on a bus to the Magic Kingdom! Yes, folks, you are reading that correctly 6:30AM! It was super early but sooooo worth it! You’ll see! There was one other family on the bus with us that morning, a mother, father, and two young daughters, and they were from Scotland! It was adorable!

We arrived at MK a bit before 7:00am, and talked to a very nice CM at bag check. Us and the Scottish family were the first two families to arrive that morning! How cool is that?!

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

Beautiful resort in the distance!

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Literally, there was no one here!!! It was awesome!!!! A very rare experience in the Magic Kingdom- for me as not a morning person anyway! LOL!

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

EMPTY!

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

We took our turns taking pictures of each other’s family as more people started to trickle in!

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

We got in line at the turnstiles, and this was our view looking backwards…

IMG_1295.jpg

NO ONE!!!!!!

It was awesome!

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

Then I started getting… well… bored! And what do I do when I’m bored in Disney?? Take photos of course!!!

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

As more people started coming in, we were glad we were there as early as we were!! A CM had originally told us that any turnstile was fine to wait at, so we picked this one.

IMG_1306.jpg

Note to self: don’t pick turnstiles with covers. Doh! I should have figured that, but I mean, the CM said ANY of them, and this one was the closest to the entrance and also had a great view of the show! Well, we were only there for about 15 minutes when someone asked a CM if they would be opening these (as a line was forming behind us) and the CM said no! What?! A few lines of about 10 people each had been forming at about two or three of these covered turnstiles, and they didn’t say anything to us! Well, luckily we asked!

We all scuttled over to find a turnstile that would be opening, and we were lucky enough to be in front again! So we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, UNTIL….. CMs started coming toward the turnstiles! We saw a few go to the right, and a few go to the left, but no one came to ours…. Hmmmm….

So, I need to tell a story about a very unhappy mother and daughter who got in line about and hour and a half early, only to be held back by a CM who was late to our line! I mean, other people were already inside and the line became hostile, late! When she arrived, to a long line of shouting and scary parents, she quickly typed in her password and turned on the turnstile! Well the fate of the now semi happy mother and daughter took a turn for the worse.

Yes, the mother and daughter who had arrived at the MK at 7:00am that morning had to GET OUT OF THE LINE and go to Guest Services because their cards wouldn’t work. You can see how mad they would be. Turns out, the magnet was just wonky! They were supplied new cards, and sent on their way… to GET IN THE BACK OF A LINE! Seriously??? Whatever, they weren’t going to let this little speed bump get in the way of having a happy trip! They lived happily ever after!

The End.

That was totally nonfiction. That actually happened. Worst first day luck EVER! Ok, maybe not EVER, but maybe ever? ANYWAY! It gets better!

Stay Tuned!

Oh, what a bummer about the turnstile fiasco! I'm glad that you were able to move on from that sour episode. After all, you are in Disney!!!:thumbsup2

Oh how frustrating!!!!!! I would have been tempted to drown my sorrow with a coffee and a cinnamon roll but would have been stressed about missing out on whatever FP was in my sights and early rides with no lines.

Ugh!

Oh my goodness, that WAS frustrating! Hahaha! Now looking back on it, it's kind of funny, but boy, not at the time! I was like, "Really, REALLY?" Hahahah! Of course, we didn't let it get us down for too long! :goodvibes

Oh, and the wedding receiption was in Aurora, OH - it was called Thorncreek Winery and they had some really delicious wine! :thumbsup2

Oh man!! That really stinks. Sorry that happened!! It's good that you got the problem fixed at the very beginning of the trip then! And at least you got your empty entrance pictures! :thumbsup2

Oh, what a bummer about the turnstile fiasco! I'm glad that you were able to move on from that sour episode. After all, you are in Disney!!!:thumbsup2

Yes, it was frustrating!! But luckily we did move on, and you're so right!! Disney makes everything better! :goodvibes

Oh how frustrating!!!!!! I would have been tempted to drown my sorrow with a coffee and a cinnamon roll but would have been stressed about missing out on whatever FP was in my sights and early rides with no lines.

Ugh!

It really was!!! And funny you say cinnamon roll... ;)

Oh my goodness, that WAS frustrating! Hahaha! Now looking back on it, it's kind of funny, but boy, not at the time! I was like, "Really, REALLY?" Hahahah! Of course, we didn't let it get us down for too long! :goodvibes

Oh, and the wedding receiption was in Aurora, OH - it was called Thorncreek Winery and they had some really delicious wine! :thumbsup2

It really wasn't!! LOL! Our morning quickly got better! :)

Oh man!! That really stinks. Sorry that happened!! It's good that you got the problem fixed at the very beginning of the trip then! And at least you got your empty entrance pictures! :thumbsup2

It did, but we got over it quickly! :goodvibes And yes, thank goodness it was out of the way for the rest of the trip! And yes! Those photos were really cool!!

Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA
June 21, 2012

We made it through the turnstiles, and Mom went to get a locker, and I got a spot for the opening show. It was super cute! I don’t remember the last time I saw it!

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

Hey Look! Remember them?! It’s the Scottish family from the bus this morning!!! They were the family of the day!!!! It was precious!

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

Then the gates opened up, and the mad chaos began!! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn!!!!

IMG_1350.jpg

It was pretty crowded already this morning!

IMG_1351.jpg

A beautiful sight! Even with the ugly construction!! LOL!

IMG_1354.jpg

I promise there are plenty more castle pictures just in case you were worried that you might never see one anywhere else! LOL! I can’t help it!! It’s just so easy to photograph!!!

We were on our way to Dumbo, and we saw Alice from the train walking with a boy and his mom! It was adorable!!

IMG_1362.jpg

See?? Perfection! <3

IMG_1363.jpg

Continued in next post

Come Fly With Me
June 21, 2012

Yay Fanatsyland construction photos!!!!

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

They get better…

But for now, we were on our way to Dumbo!

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

It’s sooooo pretty!!!!!

IMG_1374.jpg

And I love the queue now!!!

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

I like lights…

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Mom was in my favorite number Dumbo!! (It’s been my basketball number for years! I’ve become attached to it!)

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

Even though, my hat was orange, and that’s my favorite color!!

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

Here we goooooo!!!!!

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

The Great Goofini!

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Ok, can I just say how proud I am of my zoom right now! Like I would give it like a million gold stars for these next few pictures!!!

IMG_1396.jpg

Right?!

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

LOL, after my love affair with my camera’s zoom, we headed over to Space Mountain to get FPs for later! 9:20-10:20am to be exact!

IMG_1401.jpg

The opening show just warms my heart. It's too cute!

The new Dumbo is so pretty!!! I love the new queue as well, it's great! 21 is one of my favorite numbers too! Only for me, it's because I was born on the 21st. :laughing: It's always way too fun to get your favorite color Dumbo (or teacup) isn't it? :rotfl:

Pretty pictures of the Magic Kingdom...:goodvibes Wow you guys are really good sports ... I really don't think they should have made you get back in line after the fiasco with the magnetic strips...:crazy2:

But ultimately getting too worked up would have just ruined your day so I'm glad everything finally worked out... :goodvibes

Gorgeous pictures of Dumbo ...:)

It is my dream to be picked for Family of the Day and be up there on the platform for the ropedrop ceremony. Now if I can only convince DW that it's worth showing up at the gates 90 minutes before opening time ;)

Got a little behind on your TR, but I think I'm caught up now.

Very cool wedding reception. I love those type of updates.

I am a big fan of POFQ. :thumbsup2 I love it there.

How frustrating to be the first people at MK, but have to get out of line to get your cards fixed. Ugh. Glad you were able to take it in stride.

You got some lovely early morning pictures! So cool to see everything so empty. When I stayed at BLT I went running by the MK in the morning and it was SO cool to wake up with the park.

I also love your pictures of the new castle and I can't wait to ride Dumbo in just a few short weeks!

The opening show just warms my heart. It's too cute!

The new Dumbo is so pretty!!! I love the new queue as well, it's great! 21 is one of my favorite numbers too! Only for me, it's because I was born on the 21st. :laughing: It's always way too fun to get your favorite color Dumbo (or teacup) isn't it? :rotfl:

I loved it!!! I hadn't seen it for as long as I can remember, and it was definitely worth it! :goodvibes

Dumbo is amazing!!! The queue is genious!! Really? That's so funny!! I love how we get attached to numbers for certain reasons!

Pretty pictures of the Magic Kingdom...:goodvibes Wow you guys are really good sports ... I really don't think they should have made you get back in line after the fiasco with the magnetic strips...:crazy2:

But ultimately getting too worked up would have just ruined your day so I'm glad everything finally worked out... :goodvibes

Gorgeous pictures of Dumbo ...:)

Thank you! It was our first day, so we definitely didn't want to let it get us down! ;)

Looks like you gave your zoom lens quite the workout that morning! Great pictures!!

Thank you! I love my zoom so much!!! :love:

It is my dream to be picked for Family of the Day and be up there on the platform for the ropedrop ceremony. Now if I can only convince DW that it's worth showing up at the gates 90 minutes before opening time ;)

I would love to be the family of the day!!!! I hope they're still doing it when I have a family! Honestly, we didn't mean to get there that early, but we had nothing to do since we had gotten to POFQ so early!

Got a little behind on your TR, but I think I'm caught up now.

Very cool wedding reception. I love those type of updates.

I am a big fan of POFQ. :thumbsup2 I love it there.

How frustrating to be the first people at MK, but have to get out of line to get your cards fixed. Ugh. Glad you were able to take it in stride.

You got some lovely early morning pictures! So cool to see everything so empty. When I stayed at BLT I went running by the MK in the morning and it was SO cool to wake up with the park.

I also love your pictures of the new castle and I can't wait to ride Dumbo in just a few short weeks!

Glad you're caught up!! Thank you! I love them too! :goodvibes

POFQ is my favorite mod by far!

It was so frustrating!! I'm glad we were able to too! :laughing:

Thank you! I love early morning pictures. Everything is so peaceful! That sounds so cool! It's so tranquil and beautiful.

Dumbo is amazing!! :love:

Loving your zoom! You are off to a lovely lovely start, now that you are in. Just seeing pictures of Dumbo makes me smile, the colors are so pretty now!

Early mornings at the MK are just magical.

Sounds like y'all had a nice weekend for your cousin's wedding. She made a very pretty bride! :goodvibes

Woo Hoo! for getting checked in @ POFQ & over to MK! :cool1: But Boo! on the madness trying to get through the turnstile! :scared1: How aggravating!

Sounds like y'all were off to a good start that day in MK! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter