DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice to be able to check in more regular again. It's Friday!!!!!!!! Laid back weekend for us mostly with buying for kids back to school and DS starting college :eek:

Lionel's brother
Got it. Making sure it wasn't his cell mate father from their tax evasion situation.
WooHoo Happy Friday everyone. I am down to 5 work days until my Disney vacation. <sigh>
Congrats and enjoy. How many days of storming the castle for you?

‘Morning all…
Finally got to Friday.
Now just to get through that and into the weekend.

Sending the “kid” back to school soon so we’ll be doing our last family outing of the summer with an evening at a DCI competition. If you've not heard of DCI, then you probably don’t need to worry too much about looking it up, but being a died in the wool band family, we love things like this. And one of the better competitions is in our neck of the woods so I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing some powerful high energy stuff.

Stadium rock for band geeks…

The 10th? Wow. That's like summer school!
Pretty much…
To be fair, it’s only the athletes and musicians that actually have to report that early.
Being in one of those groups though, does require the early start.

Yikes. So if you don't have AC, there's no relief. That's getting dangerous for some folk, isn't it?
Unless your home is built to dissipate heat (which isn’t done much anymore) lack of AC can be quite dangerous. Oddly I believe that the development of air-conditioning has done as much if not more to shape and change the US then the homestead acts or even the gold rushes.

The kid and I along with the Brit and his family rented a Narrow Boat to cruise around the canals of the West Midlands. Cruising around was in reality going from one Pub to another. Good times.
That’s pretty much a definition that can be applied to most cruising opportunities.
Sounds like a heck of a time was had (what of it you may remember, that is).

"You know what we need about now? A hurricane. Haven't had a good hurricane in a while."
Yeah, I’ve dealt with a couple…
They were a gracious plenty, thank you very much.

Back at ya on the stay cool part. I'm ready for shorts and sweatshirt / football weather myself.
The season is fast approaching, but it’ll be October before it cools off enough to bust out a sweatshirt.
Which is about the time when we’ll see the Mocs. Of course they’ll probably hand us our head on a platter as usual, but I’m there for the halftime so, I can live with that.

So all this talk of sweet tea got me thinking. How does the sweet tea at WDW compare to good southern sweet tea? I remember having the Gold Peak tea from the beverage station at the resort and ordered it from a couple table service places (probably the same Gold Peak stuff I guess). I also enjoy an iced tea in the summer but always brew my own fresh, never the powered crud. I probably go a little easier on the sugar than you would in the south, though.

You know what they say about opinions…
Here goes anyway:
Actually the availability of Gold Peak was a definite improvement. It’s not the greatest stuff, but for a mass produced product its drinkable which couldn’t be said for what they offered prior to that.

Oddly, for a South’nr, I don’t sweeten tea at all. My boy does (2/3 cup to the half-gallon but ratios very by region) so he’s more proper on that account. I am very picky ‘bout the stuff though. Basically, if it wasn’t brewed on site in small batches (as you would any acceptable coffee) using a decent black tea with limited amounts of “dust”; then it’s probably not going to taste worth a dang.

WooHoo Happy Friday everyone. I am down to 5 work days until my Disney vacation. <sigh>
A lot closer than my next trip...
It’ll get here before you know it.

The season is fast approaching, but it’ll be October before it cools off enough to bust out a sweatshirt. Which is about the time when we’ll see the Mocs. Of course they’ll probably hand us our head on a platter as usual, but I’m there for the halftime so, I can live with that.
Yea Mocs are ranked #7 in preseason FCS rankings.

I actually have 11 days until we leave for Disney. We fly out Aug 9th until Aug 18th. So 8 days in the parks and two travel days.

upload_2016-7-29_11-14-38.png

There is my schedule for the trip. I am a little bit OCD, since we even scheduled our laundry day. :)

Oooo......that's close.
I'm at 9. And it can't come quick enough.
Cool! Which World are you headed to?

And in London, there's an hour of work to go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salt in the wounds…
Good thing salt aids in healing.

I actually have 11 days until we leave for Disney. We fly out Aug 9th until Aug 18th. So 8 days in the parks and two travel days.

View attachment 184780

There is my schedule for the trip. I am a little bit OCD, since we even scheduled our laundry day. :)
My eyes ain’t anywhere near good enough to read that, but any plan that involves time at Da’ World
(with or without laundry detail) is a dang good one.

Now that is an interesting statement!
The effects can be seen in many sectors; everything from work environments, to land value, to politics. If I were ever to get around to writing my dissertation for that degree in history I’ll never get, this point would be a contender for the topic.

Cool! Which World are you headed to?
The great Orlando. 2 weeks tomorrow. Extra day off so 9 days of work left. Week in the Parks, week on the beach.
Salt in the wounds…
Good thing salt aids in healing.
Just remember at 3am your time on Sunday night, I'll be back at work. As will pkondz, probably...
The effects can be seen in many sectors; everything from work environments, to land value, to politics.
i think you're onto something there....

Last edited:
Happy Friday. Did my volunteer shift this AM for over 55 state team tennis tournament. Then, went and played almost 2 hours of singles in the hot sun. Need to go get food for tournament tomorrow. You all have a great weekend.

Ah yes, I can do a decent cookie impression myself! I found a recipe for Minnie's Bake Shop cookies once. Three kinds of chocolate chips and you measure them out with a full size ice cream scoop. Now they were sinful! But so good...

That sounds like great cookies. Feel free to bake a batch and mail to me. :lmao:

Thank you very much for clarifying! :eek:
I've driven through a bit of Kentucky (back and forth to WDW) a few times.
Now I have a reason to stop.

Depending on what interstate you travel, I'm either 1 hour or 3.5 hours away. Is that really worth a sweet tea?

Got it. Making sure it wasn't his cell mate father from their tax evasion situation.

So, almost an empty house? Are you looking forward to it?

As for the tax invasion thing, there is no chance super hero soccer star would ever serve time in jail.

Unless your home is built to dissipate heat (which isn’t done much anymore) lack of AC can be quite dangerous. Oddly I believe that the development of air-conditioning has done as much if not more to shape and change the US then the homestead acts or even the gold rushes.

My cousin has one of those two story houses (and basement) where the air flows up from the basement thru the stairwell. Really cool design feature. He has AC, but I know what you're talking about.

Morning Guys,

Beautiful Saturday morning up here, great start to a long weekend.

Have a good one!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Everyone have a great weekend!
So, almost an empty house? Are you looking forward to it?
Mix feelings. It is time for DS to take that next step and get out on his own and yet you know you're gonna miss them. It will give me & DW some more time together and it will be another stage in our life. Good thing is they are away but only a two hour drive so we'll still see them every 2 or 3 weeks.

Morning boys. Not a bad day today, some rain expected but it may keep the humidity down a bit. My 1,000 year high school reunion is this weekend. I decided not to attend but will be meeting a few friends today for lunch. They are really the only people I really want to see and besides no running into ex-girlfriends.

Tournament draw out and dd got a 6 seed (8). I'm guessing it was more random that anything else. She'll play at 9:30 AM Sat and if she wins, 4:00 PM.

Hope you are there at 4:00 which means she won the earlier match. Good luck to her.

So all this talk of sweet tea got me thinking. How does the sweet tea at WDW compare to good southern sweet tea? I remember having the Gold Peak tea from the beverage station at the resort and ordered it from a couple table service places (probably the same Gold Peak stuff I guess).

I am a bit of a tea snob, I use a combination of English Breakfast, Orange Pekoe and Earl Grey for home brewed. Gold Peak is passable and much better than you get at other places.

With my recent experience with the NY State Dpt. of Taxation, I don't like to talk about tax evasion. Technically I was guilty even though I didn't know it.

Sending the “kid” back to school soon so we’ll be doing our last family outing of the summer with an evening at a DCI competition.

Have fun. Always nice to have the kid around.

Unless your home is built to dissipate heat (which isn’t done much anymore) lack of AC can be quite dangerous.

True. Be careful out there.

Have a magical time. May the crowds be low and the wait times are manageable. Don't forget to hydrate.

The great Orlando. 2 weeks tomorrow. Extra day off so 9 days of work left. Week in the Parks, week on the beach.

Same to you. I would also add may the exchange rate for the Pound be exceptionally favorable in two weeks.

Mix feelings. It is time for DS to take that next step and get out on his own and yet you know you're gonna miss them.

Same here. The last four years the kid and I had limited time together with the distance and her being away the last two summers. It is going to be interesting this next year with her here at home all the time. On a less happier note, writing the first of two checks to grad school on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter