DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello from IGA classic tournament, with a dominant performance in match #1 with a 6-0, 6-1 victory. She just pounded the ball and the poor girl. Now, just a long wait for match #2. Hoping the weather holds up and we stay on track.

No. But it's worth it to meet a friend.

That's an excellent sentiment.

Morning Guys,

Beautiful Saturday morning up here, great start to a long weekend.

Have a good one!

Cloudy, but enjoyed the lower temps this AM.

Mix feelings. It is time for DS to take that next step and get out on his own and yet you know you're gonna miss them. It will give me & DW some more time together and it will be another stage in our life. Good thing is they are away but only a two hour drive so we'll still see them every 2 or 3 weeks.

I think I get it, and will know more for sure in 4 years. I know we all want our kids to succeed, which means they have to do their own thing.

Morning boys. Not a bad day today, some rain expected but it may keep the humidity down a bit. My 1,000 year high school reunion is this weekend. I decided not to attend but will be meeting a few friends today for lunch. They are really the only people I really want to see and besides no running into ex-girlfriends.

Hope you are there at 4:00 which means she won the earlier match. Good luck to her.

Thanks. It will be a long 4 hour wait. With her first non- team tournament, she isn't managing her nervous energy very well.

As for your 1000 year reunion, too bad you didn't get to re-visit the dinosaurs you rode to get to school uphill both ways in the snow. :lmao:

Hello from IGA classic tournament, with a dominant performance in match #1 with a 6-0, 6-1 victory. She just pounded the ball and the poor girl. Now, just a long wait for match #2. Hoping the weather holds up and we stay on track.

Excellent start, good luck in match #2. Are you in the coach's box?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I would also add may the exchange rate for the Pound be exceptionally favorable in two weeks.
Cheers CJ. The hotel and the beach house were paid pre-Brexit, which helped a lot, and CRT was upfront, so its only the spending money and meals we will take a bit of a hit on. But in the big scheme of things it should only equate to about £200, so we'll have to take that on the chin.
There is my schedule for the trip. I am a little bit OCD, since we even scheduled our laundry day. :)
Here's our top line schedule RM (the main one with all the FP's was wiped off the blackboard by DW), starting on Sunday 14th. Looks like we are both in DHS on the Weds. Cheeky espresso?

IMG_2038 copy.jpeg

Same here. The last four years the kid and I had limited time together with the distance and her being away the last two summers. It is going to be interesting this next year with her here at home all the time. On a less happier note, writing the first of two checks to grad school on Monday.
Good luck to ya as having her back will likely be a bit bumpy as you have both gotten use to the independence and doing what ya want when ya want. Sorry about the grad school checks and feel your pain as paying fall semester for two just made me shake my head. Stay safe with this potential Zika thing in Miami.
Well done and good luck to her in match #2.

Impressive! Quite the blow out. Good luck in the second match.

Gorgeous day here today with temps around 27/80.
Slept in (!!!!) to 10. Got a call asking to work the evening shift.
Um... weekend + evening = basically sitting on the computer doing whatever I want for 8 hours + you'll pay me double time? Sure.
Worked a bit on the deck, then relaxed in the pool until it was time to get ready to go.
All in all, a pretty good day.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Cheers CJ. The hotel and the beach house were paid pre-Brexit, which helped a lot, and CRT was upfront, so its only the spending money and meals we will take a bit of a hit on. But in the big scheme of things it should only equate to about £200, so we'll have to take that on the chin.

Here's our top line schedule RM (the main one with all the FP's was wiped off the blackboard by DW), starting on Sunday 14th. Looks like we are both in DHS on the Weds. Cheeky espresso?

View attachment 185089

Hey, sounds like a plan. Will you have a phone I can text you on, or email? I can message you my info if you like. :)

Evening Dads. I'm flying home from work overseas today, about to start 3 weeks of summer vacation. Can't wait to get home, see my girls and enjoy the summer!

My 1,000 year high school reunion is this weekend.
They just had ours, although it was only the 25th :p I missed it since I was away working, but I probably would have passed on it anyway. Trying to make small talk with people I haven't seen in 25 years (and probably don't have much in common with now) is just not my cup of tea.

Hello from IGA classic tournament, with a dominant performance in match #1 with a 6-0, 6-1 victory
Fantastic result! Hope the next one goes/went well.

Um... weekend + evening = basically sitting on the computer doing whatever I want for 8 hours + you'll pay me double time? Sure.
Sounds like a good deal to me!

Morning boys, from Sunny London. Finding Dory opened here yesterday, so off to the movies. Need my "water park" body back so am going to have to walk past the five guys.

Evening Dads. I'm flying home from work overseas today, about to start 3 weeks of summer vacation. Can't wait to get home, see my girls and enjoy the summer!
Sounds like you've earn it Jeff. Did you get my PM? I was in Harrods the other day.

Happy Sunday morning. Up with the birds again. Getting ready to play tennis with DW, then again around 1:00 PM for real with a friend. It is a beautiful sunny day here. Hope you all have a good one as well.

Excellent start, good luck in match #2. Are you in the coach's box?

Well done and good luck to her in match #2.

Impressive! Quite the blow out. Good luck in the second match.

Fantastic result! Hope the next one goes/went well.

Thanks guys. Her tournament run came to an end with a loss of 1-6, 3-6. After Match 1 and a 5 hour wait in the heat (although we did go to the mall for AC for some of it), she was tired and her mechanics were off. She figured it out in the 2nd set, but didn't have enough energy left. Plus, she paid a pusher (or lobber) and couldn't figure out how to adjust to that style of play. Parents aren't allowed to coach in tournaments. And, while this wasn't a sanctioned tournament and I could have gotten away with it, I wouldn't be able to the next time. They do permit a coach in team tennis settings, but not individual tournaments. That's something else that makes tennis different than the other sports.

Nice list of ADRs. If you have room available on your trip and are willing to pay for my travel and theme park tickets, then I'm willing to go and be your park guide. :lmao:

They just had ours, although it was only the 25th :p I missed it since I was away working, but I probably would have passed on it anyway. Trying to make small talk with people I haven't seen in 25 years (and probably don't have much in common with now) is just not my cup of tea.

I have never been to any of my reunions and don't plan on going. I'm on FB with a few friends from the past, and we meet occasionally when I travel back into that area. I figure if I don't chat with these people on a daily basis, why would I want to give up a day to travel (on my dime) and spend with them?

Morning Guys,

Had the IN-laws over for brunch this morning. Free range eggs, bacon fresh from the farm, baked beans, homemade raisin bread, homemade rhubarb-strawberry jam and coffee. Now I'm sitting on the deck with more coffee watching my FIL mow our lawn. Life's good!

Thanks guys. Her tournament run came to an end with a loss of 1-6, 3-6. After Match 1 and a 5 hour wait in the heat (although we did go to the mall for AC for some of it), she was tired and her mechanics were off. She figured it out in the 2nd set, but didn't have enough energy left. Plus, she paid a pusher (or lobber) and couldn't figure out how to adjust to that style of play. Parents aren't allowed to coach in tournaments. And, while this wasn't a sanctioned tournament and I could have gotten away with it, I wouldn't be able to the next time. They do permit a coach in team tennis settings, but not individual tournaments. That's something else that makes tennis different than the other sports.

That wait certainly wouldn't have helped but sounds like a great learning experience for her.

When I started coaching volleyball you had to sit in your chair and stay quiet. The only time you could coach was in a time-out or between sets.

Morning boys, from Sunny London. Finding Dory opened here yesterday, so off to the movies. Need my "water park" body back so am going to have to walk past the five guys.

Oh, no one wants to see my body anywhere around a water park. It ain't pretty. I'm on the three year weight loss plan before being eligible to be considered to enter the water park.

Had the IN-laws over for brunch this morning. Free range eggs, bacon fresh from the farm, baked beans, homemade raisin bread, homemade rhubarb-strawberry jam and coffee. Now I'm sitting on the deck with more coffee watching my FIL mow our lawn. Life's good!

That wait certainly wouldn't have helped but sounds like a great learning experience for her.

When I started coaching volleyball you had to sit in your chair and stay quiet. The only time you could coach was in a time-out or between sets.

I'm glad you said you "had the in-laws over for brunch" as opposed to you "had the in-laws for brunch". :lmao:

I understand the whole no coaching thing in the pros, but not sure why it happens at the younger level in youth tennis. I'm guessing it is to try and speed up matches. Unlike other sports, a rain delay in tennis wipes out play until the rain stops and the courts can be dried. Having worked one Friday morning, I can see the challenge they have in moving matches along. Matches start at 8:00 AM, are scheduled 90 minutes apart, and scheduled to 9:00 PM. If matches run long, even without any rain, then that snowball effect works badly. That 9:00 PM doesn't start until 10:00 PM and doesn't end until 11:30 PM? :eek: Or, postpone the match until 8:00 AM the next morning, and the winner would have to play twice or three times that day to catch up. :scared1:

:thumbsup2 Norm, your selflessness knows no bounds.

I agree. I won't even subject you to my water park body. :lmao:

Had the IN-laws over for brunch this morning. Free range eggs, bacon fresh from the farm, baked beans, homemade raisin bread, homemade rhubarb-strawberry jam and coffee. Now I'm sitting on the deck with more coffee watching my FIL mow our lawn.

Now THAT is the way to spend Sunday morning. Especially watching someone else mow your grass.

Morning all. 8 more days until I am in Disney. :)

Of course I still have 5 more days of work, and Capital budget items are due this week, so I have a ton of work. <sigh>

Of course I still have 5 more days of work, and Capital budget items are due this week, so I have a ton of work. <sigh>
Tell me about it, with 8 work days left....
I have 3 x tenders to award and arrange so the work starts as soon as I get back from Orlando, a team tunnel with 2 escalators which opens while I am away that changes the way 3500 people come in the building, and a £5M project to get off the ground. Fun times.

Tell me about it, with 8 work days left....
I have 3 x tenders to award and arrange so the work starts as soon as I get back from Orlando, a team tunnel with 2 escalators which opens while I am away that changes the way 3500 people come in the building, and a £5M project to get off the ground. Fun times.

Ouch, I did have an upgrade go south this Sunday, so I need someone in management to oversee the upgrade this Sunday, since I really don't want to have to run herd on it while I am on PTO. But we shall see. :)

I hope to have everything done and good to go by Thursday, so Friday I can handle all the emergencies that crop up. And do a turn over to the managers that are covering for me, make sure my lead knows who is covering what, and then hopefully not have to worry about work for two weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter