DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well, work has been keeping my quite busy lately. Well, between work and planning for our vacation. We leave on Friday for a 3 week road trip - Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Canada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and back home to Wisconsin. Wish me luck!

Have fun storming the Biergarten!
Sounds great & enjoy - jealous here
Have fun! Wish I was going too.
Nice! 32 days out for us...after they stock the German beer and pretzel cart they need to head over and make sure there is plenty of tequilla in Mexico!

Thanks guys. 14 days now. Excited.

Throw down some water between beers, it is hot as HE!! down here. Gat the salted pretzels so you don't need salt tablets. Hope you have a blast.

Great advice. If they put ice in my mixed drinks, does that count as water?

not sure what those items are you speak of please send pics
Not a problem.

Take me with you please!!!
Don't ask Paul that. He'll have you waiting outside and never drive by. Then, he'll pick up a homeless man and pretend it's you.

Fair. But, to be honest, the homeless man was much better company than you would have been; He loved beer and pretzels.

Well, work has been keeping my quite busy lately. Well, between work and planning for our vacation. We leave on Friday for a 3 week road trip - Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Canada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and back home to Wisconsin. Wish me luck!
3 week road trip :scared1: Whoa... I wish you luck for sure ;) Sounds like fun!

8dd94ab69a07e828c53e992ef83852bf.jpg

'Morning all...

Ambitions...
That should be quite the adventure.
Post a picture or two if you get the chance.

That's about how long it'll be before we head out on the road.
Of course, we ain't headed to Disney, so y'all pick up the win on that one.

Have a great time down that way.

Good luck, you're gonna need it
Oh? 16 days out for me.
Nice - enjoy the short countdown

Our long national nightmare will soon be over. College football kicks off in 30 days.

Happy Wednesday. 11 hour days this week driving to campus makes for long days. It will be nice to have next week off.

Member#?? I think maybe it's been retired. :rotfl:

Thanks, Norm. I still lurk occasionally. Glad to see everyone is still grinding along.

Yeah, still at it. Just can't leave a good thing.

They probably shared a big plate of poutine.

Another one returns. It's an online DDC convention.

Fair. But, to be honest, the homeless man was much better company than you would have been; He loved beer and pretzels.

See, now we know you're telling a story. I enjoy beer and pretzels more than most.

Our long national nightmare will soon be over. College football kicks off in 30 days.
Not over for those of in Kentucky. Thankfully I have been affiliated with enough schools in enough conferences that one of my teams usually manages to win on a given game day and I can ignore what is (not) happening in Lexington.

So does that mean that Wisconsin doesn't actually send the kids back to school in the middle of summer like we do????? :headache:

Have a great time! Looks like an epic road trip.

DS started his first day of Kindergarten Tuesday. So far he seems to enjoy it.

Morning Men.

Last day in the office this week for me. Off to another checkup for DS tomorrow and then a four day mini-vacation with the family and In-Laws. Hope everyone has a good one.

T-Minus about 10 hours before the boyfriend shows up. Looking forward to this. NOT.

You are INSANE! Good luck, I guess. Better bring a pistol with one musket ball. Not enough to kill for food but just enough to put you out of your misery.

Seriously, have a good time.

Great advice. If they put ice in my mixed drinks, does that count as water?

Of course!

Oh? 16 days out for me.

You going to the castle or are you visiting 20 states like Barry is?

Not over for those of in Kentucky. Thankfully I have been affiliated with enough schools in enough conferences that one of my teams usually manages to win on a given game day and I can ignore what is (not) happening in Lexington.

All has not been a bed of roses for the Gators either. New coach, new era, new hope. It may sound odd, but I think Florida must win the UK game (not a given) or the season may head to the sewer early. Love college football even when UF struggles but it is much better when they are winning.

'Morning all...
Good news for us today. It might actually be cooler than 99 degrees for a change.
There's a rumor goin' 'round that it just might even rain.

Which marks the beginning of the fall music season.
That is a good thing.

Another one returns. It's an online DDC convention.
Cool! That's about as close to an actual convention as I may ever get to.

Win? What is this "win" thing of which you speak?
Don't the teams you follow always seem to have a record that begins with a zero and a dash followed by some other rather large positive whole number, like the way mine seem to do?

So does that mean that Wisconsin doesn't actually send the kids back to school in the middle of summer like we do????? :headache:
Schools down here used to start this early. It meant that the first semester actually ended at the Christmas break and that they also got out in early May and that was good for travel (especially to Disney). The business folk running the resorts on the coast payed enough cash to have the legislature put a stop to that though.

My, my, but he is getting big.
Congrats to him on that next mile stone.

Oh? 16 days out for me.

Have fun storming the castle!

Wow, and I thought my kids went back early (mid-August).

I'm annoyed at my kids' school. For years, they have had a "family leave" policy. We were allowed a one-time leave, up to 5 days, to pull our kids out of school for family obligations (including a trip), and it would be counted as an excused absence, provided we gave the school at least a month's notice. I thought it was a great policy that gave us some nice flexibility. Now we got a letter saying they are worried about too many absences and are eliminating the policy, so all of those absences will now be unexcused.

They've already squeezed the summer down to 2 months (mid-June to mid-August), they assign each kid enough summer homework to fill those 2 months anyway, and now they take away the flexibility the rest of the year? That's not cool.

-Minus about 10 hours before the boyfriend shows up. Looking forward to this. NOT.
Good luck, CJ.

Or maybe I should say good luck to the boyfriend. :rotfl2:

I'm annoyed at my kids' school. For years, they have had a "family leave" policy. We were allowed a one-time leave, up to 5 days, to pull our kids out of school for family obligations (including a trip), and it would be counted as an excused absence, provided we gave the school at least a month's notice. I thought it was a great policy that gave us some nice flexibility. Now we got a letter saying they are worried about too many absences and are eliminating the policy, so all of those absences will now be unexcused.

They've already squeezed the summer down to 2 months (mid-June to mid-August), they assign each kid enough summer homework to fill those 2 months anyway, and now they take away the flexibility the rest of the year? That's not cool.
Yeah, it is just ridiculous. I mean I get the importance of an education. But sitting in a class room for a minimum of 180 days per year, as mandated by our state government isn't the only thing they need to learn, grow and be well rounded individuals. We end up going from basically early Aug to early/mid June by the time you factor in the snow days that they have to make up every year.

Have a great time! Looks like an epic road trip.

We have a law that says schools can't start until after Labor day. Too many businesses were complaining that they lost all of their summer-help teenagers before one of the biggest tourism weekends of the year because they had to go back to school. Since Labor day is so late this year (9/7) most schools got a waiver to start on 9/1.

I hope DS keeps enjoying school!

You are INSANE! Good luck, I guess. Better bring a pistol with one musket ball. Not enough to kill for food but just enough to put you out of your misery.
That's not the first time I've been called that. Heck, not even the first time today.

A friend of mine use to go out in the wilderness of Alaska with a group of friends for a week. He carried a Glock that carried 17 rounds. He said the first 16 were for if a bear attacks. The 17th was for you if the first 16 didn't work, because it would be a better way to go that being mauled by a bear.

I'm not even sure what my kid's school policy is on stuff like that. We tell the teachers when and why we are pulling the kids out of school about a month ahead. Most of the time, their response is "take me with you?"

The last few trips, we've been making the kids keep a travel journal. One teacher liked it so much that she asked if I had a blank copy she could give out to all of the other kids that took vacation during the year.

Yeah, it is just ridiculous. I mean I get the importance of an education. But sitting in a class room for a minimum of 180 days per year, as mandated by our state government isn't the only thing they need to learn, grow and be well rounded individuals. We end up going from basically early Aug to early/mid June by the time you factor in the snow days that they have to make up every year.

We have a law that says schools can't start until after Labor day. Too many businesses were complaining that they lost all of their summer-help teenagers before one of the biggest tourism weekends of the year because they had to go back to school. Since Labor day is so late this year (9/7) most schools got a waiver to start on 9/1.

I'm not even sure what my kid's school policy is on stuff like that. We tell the teachers when and why we are pulling the kids out of school about a month ahead. Most of the time, their response is "take me with you?"

The last few trips, we've been making the kids keep a travel journal. One teacher liked it so much that she asked if I had a blank copy she could give out to all of the other kids that took vacation during the year.

Here schools close in late June and students start back the day after Labour Day, teachers the week before.

I'm of two minds when it comes to pulling students out of school. I think many families have need to do what is right for their families and sometimes that means they can only vacation during the school year. That being said, students should only be taken out of school if they are academically capable of the burden it will place on them. When they are in the earlier grades this should be much easier to do. On the other hand I come from a family of teachers and I know what they can be asked to do when kids get pulled out for extended vacations. Many times the kids that get pulled out are not the students who should be missing the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter