DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Morning all...
Much better start of the day, well except for being at work of course
(but at least they haven't gotten around to blocking my access to the club house).

Hell if I cant be in Disney this week I guess the next best thing is stopping in here to say hello.

We came in as high as second?
You may need to rethink your priorities.

yea me magical day. they were nice enough to put my borrowed points back into my 2016 use yr. So I will not lose them if not used by March. :)

That is a very good thing.
I'd have gladly found a way to use those points for you if you'd have been giving them away, but this outcome is better for y'all.

Monday strikes again. I took the day off, but it turns out that my transmission did as well. My automatic doesn't want to shift out of first gear unless I rev it pass 4000 RPM and then let it drop back down. It is in the shop and waiting for the diagnosis.

Did you check the fluid level?
Cause if it ain't that, it likely ain't gonn'a be good.
(of course if it is that, it ain't in your mechanics best interest to tell you so)

I talked with DW, and she would be ok with the couch sleeping arrangement. Apparently, I'm old enough to tell people to get off my lawn.

You're joining a rapidly growing club 'round here.

Hay Randall...
Do we get a number for that club as well?

I took oldest dd to dentist today for regular clean. It was way easier than your visit sounds.

Especially if they didn't find anything else that needed doing.
Some techs are better at it then others. May she have gotten one of those more gentle soles.

We are staying at All Star Sports. Couldn't pass up the AP discount. After all of the mixed reviews of SDMT I figure DW and DS4 will like it while DS13 will find it boring. I will like it because---hey I'm at Walt Disney World!

I'd be taking every opportunity to put a set of APs to work for me as well.
Enjoy the trip... hoist an extra Dole Whip for us.

I used to grill year round, but when the temp sinks below -35 or so the propane doesn't flow much.
So rain? No probs.

I'd rather grill in the winter.
It's bloody hot enough down here without having to stand over what's basically a furnace as well.

What is it with today and dentists???
I was there today for a cleaning too.
Nothing else needs repairs, yay!!

Must have been International jaw twisting day or something.

My visit got more interesting as the day went.
They put in a temp-crown and told me I could eat again after the numbness wore off.
Wrong...

Three bite of lunch and the thing popped off.
Went back in and by the time they worked me in the actual crown was ready so they went ahead an put that in.
Saved me an extra trip back on another day, but it made yesterday "somewhat" less then enjoyable.

The Pirate Princess was also at the dentist for a cleaning. Found a cavity that needs to filled in a couple of weeks.

Too bad.
My boy had to have a small one filled a couple weeks ago as well. The interesting thing is that was the first cavity he'd had in his entire life. I had twelve teeth filled before I left kindergarten. He ain't that much better about brushing than I was as a child either and certainly not as proficient as I am about it now, but the advancements in dentistry between then and now are phenomenal.

Now if they could just do something about the pain.

Morning all. While my vehicle is in the shop, I am driving DW's Camry. What is she driving? Her dad's Corvette. Man, that thing sounds awesome in the morning in the garage when it starts.

Oh, sure.
I'll just pop it on the sled and let the dogs pull it.

You have snow there, right?

July in Kentucky? Yup, there is snow. It's great to be in a humid valley near the Ohio River in the hottest part of summer.

OKW is nice. I've stayed at all the WDW DVC resorts except GF and Poly. OKW is nice. We own at BWV and enjoy that area and resort the most.

Did you check the fluid level?
Cause if it ain't that, it likely ain't gonn'a be good.
(of course if it is that, it ain't in your mechanics best interest to tell you so)

I'd be taking every opportunity to put a set of APs to work for me as well.
Enjoy the trip... hoist an extra Dole Whip for us.

I wish it was that easy and would be happy to look foolish for not checking the fluid.

As for APs, we were planning on to trips next year. We already have Spring Break booked, and can book next October in November. I had thought about APs for the two trips, but depending on this cost, that may not be as possible. But, as an already formulated back-up plan, 6 nights in BWV in April followed by a split stay in October with MNSSHP and Vero Beach sounds fun as well.

July in Kentucky? Yup, there is snow. It's great to be in a humid valley near the Ohio River in the hottest part of summer

July in Kentucky is fantastic isn't it? Heck, June isn't much better. Our high school didn't have AC and our graduation was in the gym in late May...I think I lost 20 pounds that night!!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Never fails, @#$% always happens when traveling on business around my house ...........

Nobody hurt, no car in the driveway and no storm or major winds just a third of the dang thing decided to split (pun intended)

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Never fails, @#$% always happens when traveling on business around my house ...........

Nobody hurt, no car in the driveway and no storm or major winds just a third of the dang thing decided to split (pun intended)

That's one way of getting the cat out of the tree.

Well, that sure looks like a sign you shouldn't be traveling. Rejected by the tree.

July in Kentucky is fantastic isn't it? Heck, June isn't much better. Our high school didn't have AC and our graduation was in the gym in late May...I think I lost 20 pounds that night!!

They call KY the "Ohio Valley". The original translation was "humid armpit".

Sorry you have to deal with that. They just did a report on the news this morning about a tree falling at a summer camp and injuring some kids. Terrible story, but then they went on about several trees falling and causing damage around the country (with footage to prove it). The reporter summed it up by saying ,"For now, authorities are treating this as just a freak occurrence."

Um...because it is? Unless you're aware of some big tree-falling conspiracy?:confused3 Maybe we need a government task force to investigate.

In-laws had about a dozen Bradford Pears on their previous property. They lost about half of them over a four year period to breakage just like that.

Sorry that it happened while you're out. That seems to be the way it works for me as well. I get a call about once a trip about something that happened at home.

Well, it is the transmission. I kinda knew it was, since it has been having problems for awhile. If I just worked locally, I may have chanced it and just continued driving it. Hey, it shifted eventually. Hopefully, I bought another 5 years out of this vehicle.

Um...because it is? Unless you're aware of some big tree-falling conspiracy?:confused3 Maybe we need a government task force to investigate.

Yes, another government task force. That will fix everything.

In-laws had about a dozen Bradford Pears on their previous property. They lost about half of them over a four year period to breakage just like that.

My neighbor's had a limb fall from their Bradford pear. I have one in my front yard, but it is still ok at this point. I guess that was a popular tree at some point.

just wanted to let you all know, in 12 days, this thread will be 8 months old.

Is it time for a new name?

A very early good morning,

The traveling wanderer made it safely to New Orleans yesterday. I hope her and her Aunt don't kill each other over the next few days. I spent the day finishing up power washing the house. Looks good but it kind of kicked my butt a bit. Rewarding myself today with a lunch meet up with my college roommate.

Hate it when that happens. Luckily no damage.

just wanted to let you all know, in 12 days, this thread will be 8 months old.

Is it time for a new name?

Interesting question. What say you ruler of the thread?

The heat has finally returned to KY. We had a lot of rain and cooler temps in June, but three days of heat advisory warnings now. I'd still rather have the heat than the cold. I hope all are well.

I think it's already got a great name. Just my 2 cents though...

With your name on it, one might think you would stop by to post more often? :sad1:

Returned home from a nice lunch to see this...

No power. The numb nuts across the street let the vines around the pole grow until they reached the transformer and shorted it out. Not the first time this has happened. The whole family is a piece of work including the mom who is certifiably loony.

Power just came back on, FPL is pretty good at restoring service.

Thursday evening which means tomorrow is...a trip to the DDS and to the Motor Vehicle Office.

No power. The numb nuts across the street let the vines around the pole grow until they reached the transformer and shorted it out. Not the first time this has happened. The whole family is a piece of work including the mom who is certifiably loony.

You are up early mornings before normal people... I can think of a couple of herbicides that will keep things from growing for a couple of years. Problem solved.

Think we'll leave it as it is for awhile. Who know, maybe we'll get a rush of posters and it will get closed out.
. Ever the optimist, just like me!

Think we'll leave it as it is for awhile. Who know, maybe we'll get a rush of posters and it will get closed out.

All it takes is a Rush Poster to close out a thread? OK THEN!

RU102.jpg

LAST!

[No power. The numb nuts across the street let the vines around the pole grow until they reached the transformer and shorted it out. Not the first time this has happened. The whole family is a piece of work including the mom who is certifiably loony.

Just get them evicted and I can move in next door. Then, you can just see me I my bathrobe.

No more stats and no more page limits. But yeah, there's a big Rush poster now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter