DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Been like a week since Ive been on here, finally a few minutes to try and catch up.

Some good news though, with the Free Dining released today, Brian pointed out Canadians get a week's head start so got the whole trip booked now. On the down side, caught that da,m cold that everyone else had, family, coworkers etc, the cough is wearing me right out.

I give up.
Some of you (you know who you are) coerced me into coming here.
I thought I'd get the lay of the land and read through the previous 100 or so odd pages.
(Emphasis on "odd")

I read the first 10 or so... then gave up.
None of it really makes any sense (Yes Andy, I know... You told me so.)
which is fine by me.

So I'm just jumping in (with water wings of course) and seeing what happens.

I'm pkondz.
I run the Caption Contest thread on the photo boards where I see some of you
plus I've got a TR going where some of you have also shown up....
So...

voila.

Welcome!!! And it's great to add re-enforcements to the Canadian Contingent here.

Forgot to mention, yesterday was the hottest day in April ever in Miami. Temp reached 96 degrees and a feel like of 103. Cooling off today, we will only reach 93 which ties the record for this date. Have a feeling it is going to be a bear of a summer so be prepared if you are heading to Florida.

I'll take my chances after this past winter. Stay cool...

Evening gentlemen,

Been another long week. DW just added garage sale to the spring's already packed calendar. DD has now been recruited for junior track. She has a swim teacher who is actively grooming her for the junior competition team. That's now four coaches who have recruited who have wanted her to come out for her sport. And she's only 6.

Summer has arrived in April. Actual temp today is 95 and will be a record. Feel like temp will be approaching 100. Tried to do some lawn work this morning but it was 90 before 10:00. Gave up on that.

While I enjoy cooking and often do just cook for myself, who said I was cooking for one last night?

I give up.
Some of you (you know who you are) coerced me into coming here.
I thought I'd get the lay of the land and read through the previous 100 or so odd pages.
(Emphasis on "odd")

I read the first 10 or so... then gave up.
None of it really makes any sense (Yes Andy, I know... You told me so.)
which is fine by me.

So I'm just jumping in (with water wings of course) and seeing what happens.

I'm pkondz.
I run the Caption Contest thread on the photo boards where I see some of you
plus I've got a TR going where some of you have also shown up....
So...

voila.
Welcome to the clubhouse.

'Morning all...
I decided to go out driving the other day to check out a couple of sites in my home state that I have always known were there but just hadn't gotten around to taking in. I may have to tuck a bit of that excursion into the TR that no one is reading (well almost no one, but I generally deserve that). Anyway, here's one of the more interesting things I ran across...

View attachment 90970

You Da' man Ron!
Three trips so far this year (or is it four already and I missed one or more).
It certainly something for us to aspire to.

Well, rules is rules...
No picture and you were cookin' for one.

:lmao:

Welcome sir. That is one apropos introduction.
By signing on here...
you have officially lowered your standards to the point where they can no longer be redeemed.
We, however, are glad to have you along!

Repeat after me: "Project?... What Project?... I have no idea what you're talking about."
:rotfl2:
Been a few days. DD got home from school last Thursday and that throws the house into a tail spin. So much better when there is only 1 of the female species in the domicile. Thank the maker that my Hawks finally put Nashville to rest - real quiet Preds fans in the office today.

CJ - Will be praying for you with DD's trip but as you referenced when they get to this age got to let them go a bit, hope they paid attention to some of what we teach and be there to dust them off occasionally.

Well done!

It would take a lot of little blue pills for that.

Sorry for the stupidity going on in Baltimore, Randall. I hope it calms down soon. Watching it on the news and trying to figure out in what warped sense of reality makes these idiots think this is a reasonable response to get the "answers" they want. I don't even live there and it frustrates me just watching the police stand and let them go.

Sorry for the stupidity going on in Baltimore, Randall. I hope it calms down soon. Watching it on the news and trying to figure out in what warped sense of reality makes these idiots think this is a reasonable response to get the "answers" they want. I don't even live there and it frustrates me just watching the police stand and let them go.

Thanks Andy! I don't understand it at all, this is our home, why trash it?

Morning guys.

Hope things are quieting down Randall. I say if people have pictures of the idiots that decided that this would be a good time to loot and destroy they should be shared on social media so everyone will know who they are.

CJ - Will be praying for you with DD's trip but as you referenced when they get to this age got to let them go a bit, hope they paid attention to some of what we teach and be there to dust them off occasionally.

Well done!

It does not get better, only worse as they get older...................... Finally at 18 & 20 they are starting with "guess Dad ain't as dumb as we originally thought".

Thanks. The trip is becoming a reality now. Just bought her ticket from Miami to Jakarta. Thirty+ hours traveling time.

Unfortunately, those ladies were not my dinner companions.

As far as my child goes, I don't think she believes I am smarter, I think she has just given up and humors me.

This will be our 2nd and 3rd trip for the year, with 2 more later in the year dates TBA.:confused3 I will be accomplishing a milestone next trip, earned all 7 Magic Band colors, I'm not sure if any of the Dads have already reached this milestone:dancer:. Making a DisDad & Commando Club presence almost 10% a year:thumbsup2

I am in awe. Last year was my Disney year but alas, my next planned trip isn't untill Marathon Weekend.

Thanks Andy! I don't understand it at all, this is our home, why trash it?

Watched the coverage last night. Sad that a few people use this as an opportunity to go insane. I did see some encouraging things too. They showed a mother chasing after her kid to tell him to get his a$$ back home. He left because he knew she wasn't going to put up with any of it. There was also a Vietnam Vet out there getting on a group of kids forcefully telling them to, "Get home fools." They did.

Hope things are calmer today.

Evening gentlemen,

Been another long week. DW just added garage sale to the spring's already packed calendar. DD has now been recruited for junior track. She has a swim teacher who is actively grooming her for the junior competition team. That's now four coaches who have recruited who have wanted her to come out for her sport. And she's only 6.

Yes, they are recruiting earlier and earlier. Good luck.

Evening gentlemen,

Great that they want her to try track, it is one of the building block sports that develops skills for many other. If they want her to stop other sports at this age, they are bonkers and doing her a great disservice.

‘Morning all…

Very sad to see the overreaction in Baltimore. The opportunistic always find a way to make matters worse and detract from any possible message. Calm would be a good thing. May there be a bit of calm and a bit of reflection on all sides.

Now then, I’ve determined that it is completely impossible to leave a dentist’s office without both your jaw and your wallet aching from the experience. And – as a bonus – I’ve got a crack in one tooth as well, so I get to go back again in a few weeks… Oh joy?

Better hurry. Wait much longer and you won't be able to catch up on the contest.
Unless you don't like Wunderbars... or similar...

Here's a link if you're interested
Canadian Buffoon's Solo Disney Vacation

Contest?
Well… if that’s been going on a while I may not worry much about trying to catch up, but I do believe I’ll head over there and give it a read. Tnanks.

My wife wanted a pool.
I told her how much they were.
She said I could work more overtime.
I told her they required maintenance.
She said everyone would pitch in.
I told her they don't increase the value.
She said she wanted it anyway.
I told her no. No way. No how.
She tilted her head a bit.

So now we have a pool.
Guess who does all the maintenance?

Actually, there is a silver lining.
"Honey. I got you your pool. Oh. By the way, I'm buying a motorcycle and taking a solo trip to Disney."

She let me.

When she tilted that head a bit, did it also include a slight shift to one side and a raised eye brow?
I’ve seen that look… Many a man, who has seen that look, did not survive the day.

Not surprised the pool got built or just who maintains such, but good work there on adding play toys and expeditions into the mix as compensation.

DD got home from school last Thursday and that throws the house into a tail spin. So much better when there is only 1 of the female species in the domicile.

Another year in the books, I see. Excellent.
Last day of classes for our young’en is Friday with exams next week. We’ll drive up there probably next Saturday to load everything out of the apartment. Looking forward to a quite summer once we get back from the cruse.

It does not get better, only worse as they get older...................... Finally at 18 & 20 they are starting with "guess Dad ain't as dumb as we originally thought".

Girls get to that point earlier then guys. I figure it’ll be another half a decade or more before my boy says to me something like:

“Ya’ know dad… it seems like the older I get, the smarter you get. Now, how do you keep doing that?”

The plane in the tree has an easy explanation. But, how did those bicycles get there? :crazy2:

Man-eating tree…
The plane and bikes are just left over from where it forgot to wipe its mouth.

Some good news though, with the Free Dining released today, Brian pointed out Canadians get a week's head start so got the whole trip booked now. On the down side, caught that da,m cold that everyone else had, family, coworkers etc, the cough is wearing me right out.

Nice!
Well… not the cold - that stinks - but, the upgrade on the trip there…
Nice!

Much to be proud of there sir.
Much.

As far as my child goes, I don't think she believes I am smarter, I think she has just given up and humors me.

Aren’t they all just doing that?

I say if people have pictures of the idiots that decided that this would be a good time to loot and destroy they should be shared on social media so everyone will know who they are.

Just take notes.
And then when it's their turn... "Hello 911? I need help!"
911 operator: "Oh. Sorry. You made it quite clear that you weren't interested in our services. Buh bye!"

Well… if that’s been going on a while I may not worry much about trying to catch up, but I do believe I’ll head over there and give it a read. Tnanks.

Sounds good. And still not too late for the contest.
Might not be likely but still possible.

When she tilted that head a bit, did it also include a slight shift to one side and a raised eye brow?

It's like you were there.

I’ve seen that look… Many a man, who has seen that look, did not survive the day.

I capitulated rather quickly when she pulled out the big guns.
(that look)

Not surprised the pool got built or just who maintains such, but good work there on adding play toys and expeditions into the mix as compensation.

I'm still quite shocked that that she's allowing me to do that.

I figure it’ll be another half a decade or more before my boy says to me something like:

“Ya’ know dad… it seems like the older I get, the smarter you get. Now, how do you keep doing that?”

It's good to have dreams. No matter how unlikely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter