• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Congrats Mr Auerbach!

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Got my Patriots season tickets renewal invoice today.:headache::mad::mad: I'm thinking about telling them I don't want to own the team, just go to a few games. $170 per seat/game. Along with the bill is a note that the NFL has now officially gone to a sliding scale on ticket prices. Basically, crappy team games are valued less than expected popular games. I am anxiously awaiting the document that shows the ticket value for each game.

And if one if those 'popular' games becomes a crappy one due to injuries, you get a refund, right? :crazy2: :lmao:

Looks like a lot of talk about cutting cable. We've got Dish, but I've been thinking about losing that bill. But we do watch a lot of Disney Jr, History, Discovery, ESPN channels, Local Fox Sports Network during baseball season, Fox Sports 1 and yeah, that might be just about it. Might have to look into sling and see where else I can get the shows we like.

The only problem is that our internet is DSL through our phone company, and it is really our only "unlimited data" option. Right now, it is $30/ month and when we had Netflix, it was barely fast enough to do an adequate job streaming. In addition to that, if we get a lot of wind, for some reason our connection gets really unstable. It seems to be effected more by weather than our Dish ever has. If we upgrade to the next higher internet package it would cost $80 per month. So it's really a tough call. Every time I consider it, I always end up on this vicious circle and then I have to figure out how much it will actually save me once I jump through all the hoops and everything.

Howdy all...

I have been out of the loop (and a number of other loops for that matter) for quite some time now and it's about time I did something about that. Starting off with checking back in over here. This place can be some of the best medicine available on many levels.

hope all are reasonable well.
For those that aren't (and for Shawn in particular) know that prayers are offered.

Now, it's time to get myself out there and see just what all I've missed out on while I foolisly allowed work and health to hold more then their fair share of sway over my world.

Y'all take care and I'll be back in a bit.
Welcome back. I've been slacking a bit around here myself.

Thanks for all the prayers and kind wishes. Will try to get back on after surgery or give SWMBO the secret password so she can update everyone how it goes. We have committed it to God and I have peace however it goes.
I hope everything goes well for you. Prayers.

Got my Patriots season tickets renewal invoice today.:headache::mad::mad: I'm thinking about telling them I don't want to own the team, just go to a few games. $170 per seat/game. Along with the bill is a note that the NFL has now officially gone to a sliding scale on ticket prices. Basically, crappy team games are valued less than expected popular games. I am anxiously awaiting the document that shows the ticket value for each game.
$170 per seat, per game?????

Did it come with an underinflated football?

And Vaseline?

I'd love to do the same, but the loss of live sports is what keeps me from pulling the plug. Comcast owns the TV station that shows most of my teams' games, and I don't see them releasing that content to a streaming service anytime soon.

I am in a similar situation. I HAVE to watch my Texas Rangers games, and they are on Fox Sports SouthWest 90% of the time. We also watch a lot of Disney Channel, HGTV, Food Network, Nick HD, as well as keeping up with a few shows on HBO.

We bundle the TV, home phone, internet, and mobile phones in one bill through Verizon. They claim we get some type of bundle deal, but we pay A LOT every month - but I suppose the family mobile plan is a lot of that cost, too.

If I could get the stations I wanted a la carte, and only pay a per-channel price, that would be cool. We watch about 10 channels out of the hundreds we have. But the channels are in separate 'tiers', so the cheaper TV plans do not have all the channels we watch. So we have to get the Ultimate TV package - $$$.

We have Netflix and Amazon Prime, but those still don't cover everything we need. So I don't foresee us 'cutting the fibre' anytime soon.

Along with the bill is a note that the NFL has now officially gone to a sliding scale on ticket prices. Basically, crappy team games are valued less than expected popular games.

it's too bad they can't play my Browns for every home game.....they'd pay you to show up!!

it's too bad they can't play my Browns for every home game.....they'd pay you to show up!!
Don't get too down on the Browns this year, Scott. With that new shade of Orange, they'll be unstoppable!
Besides, "taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" is my second favorite euphemism, behind "dropping the kids off at the pool."

DuckTales_(Main_title).jpg

It's coming back!!!!!!

'Morning all...
All the rotten weather the rest of ya' have been dealing with is finally starting to creep into my little corner of the map. We got a fairly nasty ice storm last week and the persistent cold have kept a good bit of it from melting completely. That's rare for this area. We may see actual snow tonight but I suspect it won't amount to near as much and the doomsayers decry. I just hope it doesn't warm up enough in the process to become merely freezing rain again. Snow can be a pain, but even the 4x4s are useless on ice.

Can't tell you how much I feel your pain. I was traveling home from Connecticut today through Charlotte. At least the hotel that I am in has a decent WiFi connection.

Don't get too down on the Browns this year, Scott. With that new shade of Orange, they'll be unstoppable!
Besides, "taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" is my second favorite euphemism, behind "dropping the kids off at the pool."

Unfortunately, I think that's the only Super Bowl that the Browns will be seeing anytime soon!

Oh - and thanks for the Wisconsin Packing Tape on the Girl Scout cookies box....nice touch. Go BUCKS! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, I think that's the only Super Bowl that the Browns will be seeing anytime soon!

Oh - and thanks for the Wisconsin Packing Tape on the Girl Scout cookies box....nice touch. Go BUCKS! :thumbsup2
I'm not a real big basketball fan, but OK, if you say so.

bango-buck-vday.jpg

Good Morning Guys. DD was at her weekly training session last night. A guy walks up to me, says he has seen her play and would like to offer her a spot on his state tournament AAU team. Pretty tempting and nice to hear she has been noticed. Unfortunately we have already committed to a team for the Spring and he likes her coach. I did ask her and she jumped at the chance as we know some of the girls on the team and play them during our season. I think we'll make the change for the fall season if they still want her.

And if one if those 'popular' games becomes a crappy one due to injuries, you get a refund, right? :crazy2: :lmao:

Nope. I think the only popular home game this season is vs. the Eagles. The others are AFC East games (sorry CJ), Tennessee, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. Welcome to a top seed and bye week in the playoffs. They could basically play blindfolded and go 12-4 with the schedule they have next season. Last year we had 6 straight games against division leading teams. Win the Super Bowl and then you get one of the easiest schedules in the league. Funny how that works.

$170 per seat, per game?????

Did it come with an underinflated football?

And Vaseline?

Hey, only 11 of the 12 balls were under inflated.:rotfl2::rotfl2: It comes with the exclusive opportunity to sit in traffic for hours before and after the game, the chance to pay 3x the normal price of beer and lots of exercise while you walk a mile and a half from your parking spot to your seats. The deal of a life time. You know you wan to come up hear to go to a game.

:rotfl2::lmao::lmao: With Johnny football rehabbing, Josh appealing his suspension and those new helmets, I think you guys are heading towards a break out season.

Morning guys.

:wave2:

I'm not a real big basketball fan, but OK, if you say so.
Well played. :lmao::rotfl:

Hey, only 11 of the 12 balls were under inflated.:rotfl2::rotfl2: It comes with the exclusive opportunity to sit in traffic for hours before and after the game, the chance to pay 3x the normal price of beer and lots of exercise while you walk a mile and a half from your parking spot to your seats. The deal of a life time. You know you wan to come up hear to go to a game.
Nah... I can't even get myself to spend the money to go to a Colts game. And I can drive there in about 40 minutes, and there are places I can park and be in and out of there without much headache.

But it's a lot of money, and I guess I'd just rather watch from the comfort of my own home. Now if free tickets come my way or our company gets a suite, that's another story. The only time I've ever bought a ticket to go to a Colts game was a few years back for a Sunday night game. The Pats were in town and they had the ball and the lead late in the game and got stopped on 4th down. Remember that one? :thumbsup2

Scott, I'm surprised your avatar isn't the first true national championship trophy!

Morning Men.

Can someone tell me what day it is? They've been running together for a bit now.

'Morning all...
As usual, our weather exaggera... errr... forecasters (yeah that's it, forecasters) got it wrong. When they actually call for 6-8 of snow, we end up with 1-2 or less of slush. Where I live it changed over to rain about twenty minutes in and stayed that way. I could care less, but all the area school districts called it last night based on the dire predictions. That's a waste of time and money for a lot of folks.

Can't tell you how much I feel your pain. I was traveling home from Connecticut today through Charlotte. At least the hotel that I am in has a decent WiFi connection.

Sorry you got stuck in CLT. Hope you get home without much more delay.

I saw this yesterday. My big take away was that you can stream existing episodes? That's worth figuring out how to do.

I miss visiting the boards. You guys are great.

And we're glad to see you drop in as well.
Keep it up, we'll still be here.

Good Morning Guys. DD was at her weekly training session last night. A guy walks up to me, says he has seen her play and would like to offer her a spot on his state tournament AAU team. Pretty tempting and nice to hear she has been noticed. Unfortunately we have already committed to a team for the Spring and he likes her coach. I did ask her and she jumped at the chance as we know some of the girls on the team and play them during our season. I think we'll make the change for the fall season if they still want her.

Impressive!
Hard work does pay off.
And being a proud poppa certainly is one mighty fine feeling, ain't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter