DDC XXVII: Penguins in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I ask all of you guys in the Upper Midwest and the Great
White Norf for a favor?

WILL YOU PLEASE CHECK YOUR WINDOWS AND DOORS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLOSED.....TIGHT!!!

Your cold air is sneaking out and running down here. I am headed to Lake Okeechobee next week for some bass fishing.

I do not need a cold front to "make things interesting". Things are interesting enough, thanks!

Sincerely

The Fed.

Well, everyone is just trying to make sure conditions are right for you to do one of Carl's Polar Bear swims. :rolleyes1

Well, everyone is just trying to make sure conditions are right for you to do one of Carl's Polar Bear swims. :rolleyes1

i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

:rotfl2:

Hello everyone! It's been over a month since I have been active and I'm glad to be back! Well, let me fill you in on my crazy life...;)
-DW is pregnant with twins
-WDW trip in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!
-And that's basically it...
Twins threw me for a loop:rotfl:Things are never normal here in Sherwood. How are things in your neck of the woods?

hello everyone! It's been over a month since i have been active and i'm glad to be back! Well, let me fill you in on my crazy life...;)
-dw is pregnant with twins
-wdw trip in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!
-and that's basically it...
Twins threw me for a loop:rotfl:things are never normal here in sherwood. How are things in your neck of the woods?

congratulations!!!

Hello everyone! It's been over a month since I have been active and I'm glad to be back! Well, let me fill you in on my crazy life...;)
Twins threw me for a loop:rotfl:Things are never normal here in Sherwood. How are things in your neck of the woods?

applause_1.gif

Wow - Congrats! :thumbsup2

Lots of excitement there!

Congratulations! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

disdadsupreme said:

Congrats.

If you have any questions just ask. I recommend stocking up on sleep now. Once they get here you won't get any.

Some of you already know but tonight my son was tested and received his pre Black Belt in karate, by The Grand Master himself, usually a instructor or Master does it, so having A Grand Master do it is quite a honor:thumbsup2

Congrats to your son and the proud dad!

No Disney reservations yet (I can book our resort on next Tuesday) but bought our airfare today.
Southwest\AirTran.
Leave Pittsburgh at 8:45 AM ET and arrive at 11:05 AM ET on 10\12\2013 and leave the following Saturday 4:55 PM ET and get home 7:05 PM ET
I was totally caught off guard. I was responding to a friend's email re: their Disney trip and she said...and Southwest has their fares out for October."
I stopped reading right there, stiff armed a small child and knocked down an old lady to get back to my desk so I could call my wife and confirm the times and book.

Good work clearing the path! Keep an eye on the airfares. I was able to get lower cost flights about 3 weeks after our window opened. Credits for the next trip. We fly mid week as the costs from Boston/Manchester go up significantly for weekend flights.

I might have a heart attack if DW said she was pregnant.

It is nice to have funding. Our administration still sends out weekly emails reminders of the pending layoffs to give raises. Motivation Monday - you're soon to be fired so that the Dean can wipe his butt with your paycheck.

Would the heart attack come before or after you find the guy responsible?:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am lucky that even when things are not so good, they at least try to give some type of increase and the chance of me being laid off are about the same as the company shutting down so no worries there for now. I hope Dean gets a paper cut!:lmao::lmao:

Sounds like you're pregnant. ;)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Kinda have a weird idea, would anyone be up for A Finding Bigfoot expediation in either VA or PA this summer:confused3 Although IMO after a few cocktails it would be way more interesting:thumbsup2 But a DDC Bigfoot expedition would be a 1st::yes::

I might come for the drinks, I'll guard the alcohol while you look for him just in case he circles back and tries to steal it.:thumbsup2

Good morning fellow dads hope all is well

Good Morning.:wave2:

Good Morning.

137 Days to go.

Here's the pressed penny bracelet I made for DD. She promptly broke it and I have to fix it today.

20130304_155949.jpg

I also made this one, which ended up being HUGE, even on my wrist.

20130304_160831.jpg

So, not the most successful blog experiment. I'll have to do more research about how to make it so DD can't break it as easily.

Today, I have cupcakes to make. Butterfinger cupcakes from Starring Rolls.

Nice work on the bracelets. And...mmmmmmmm.....cupcakes.

I have to make an International dessert next month for my son's French class. I have to pay $12 to get in and help make dinner.:scratchin Kind of like living in Massachusetts....We pay taxes and have to do everything ourselves.

Morning gentlemen. :coffee:

The kids got a snow day today and DW is working from home. I'll fire up the snow blower later and the kids will go sledding down the hill next to the house. Fun times.

I am so tempted to book with Southwest but I'm waiting for a local airline, Sun Country, to post their airfares first. Their prices are close with Southwest being a touch cheaper when you factor in Sun Country charges for baggage. Sun Country's flights, however, are all non stop. I think that might tip the scale in their favor.

Southwest doesn't fly direct from your area? We usually have 3 direct flights per day and then a bunch of connecting ones. We always fly direct. Good luck with the booking.

Congratulations X 2!
Again Congratulations!
Kind of quiet around here. Normal is relative. Not my relatives, but relative.

Congratulations Peter!

Wow. Twins. Good luck with that! :thumbsup2

Normal is relative. Not my relatives, but relative.

I love this quote! :lmao:

Whoa.... twins?!? Congrats! You just doubled your kids! :lmao:

2 1/2 weeks?!? How come I don't see this on page 1? :confused3

Every time I see the title of this thread I immediately think of the peguins in Madagascar.

penguins-d-madagascar.jpg

Could I ask all of you guys in the Upper Midwest and the Great
White Norf for a favor?

WILL YOU PLEASE CHECK YOUR WINDOWS AND DOORS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLOSED.....TIGHT!!!

Your cold air is sneaking out and running down here. I am headed to Lake Okeechobee next week for some bass fishing.

I do not need a cold front to "make things interesting". Things are interesting enough, thanks!

Sincerely

The Fed.

The ice will make your spinners glisten in the sun! :lmao:

From one twin dad to another, congrats :thumbsup2

Congrats.

If you have any questions just ask. I recommend stocking up on sleep now. Once they get here you won't get any.

::yes::::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter