• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXVII: Penguins in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in from sunny Florida. Made it out of Wisconsin ahead of whatever snowfall is hitting the state. Had a nice conversation with a newbie family waiting for our connecting flight in Kansas City. They seemed amazed by what you can do with a FastPass. :) Lunch at Waffle House, now heading to the inlaw's place for a few days of RnR before the cruise and AKL.

Checking in from sunny Florida. Made it out of Wisconsin ahead of whatever snowfall is hitting the state. Had a nice conversation with a newbie family waiting for our connecting flight in Kansas City. They seemed amazed by what you can do with a FastPass. :) Lunch at Waffle House, now heading to the inlaw's place for a few days of RnR before the cruise and AKL.

glad to hear you made it safely to Florida. I initially read it as you were heading to the inlaw's for a few days of Rock n Roll. I clearly need to get WDW off my mind as its acronyms are taking over.
:rotfl2:

This is where I guess I would say Tim had a good idea, but Bambi called me before I read Tim's post, so the credit for the good idea goes to Bambi. Better luck next time, buddy. :thumbsup2
But did she call you before I posted?

Have a great time!

How is Melody doing? Give her our best.
She's doing well.. starting to get big. We are just over 2 months away. :eek:

Yup. Very expensive to do renovations. Sounds like you got a lot done though. We are planning both bathrooms this spring summer. Just starting the design knowing it's not going to be easy on the wallet.
We already have redone our master bath and eventually will get to the kids bathroom. I think we are going to to go with a Mickey Mouse or Nemo theme.

CHRIS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We all know that she is smarter than both you and Tim. Combined.
Not so sure about that. She married Barry. :confused3

I've been training by running every saturday morning with a splitting headache and nausea. That count??? :confused3 Trying to replicate the race after a disdads night out as much as possible... :thumbsup2
:lmao::lmao:

I shoulda ran today. My head is pounding from one too many shots of JD Honey last night. :crazy2:

Sounds like you've been busy. I think that is the amount left we have to pay off our mortgage. I might have a heart attack if DW said she was pregnant.
I wish that was what we had left on the mortgage. :headache:

Sounds like you're pregnant. ;)

:lmao::lmao:

Snow is coming down pretty good here today in Chicagoland. They are predicting 7-10" and a lot of places are closing. Sure looks nice outside my window here in the office. Guess I'll probably go home soon too since everyone else is leaving.

jmw520

I guess you'll have to take my word for how it looks from my office as I can't figure out how to post a picture from photobucket.

Hello everyone! It's been over a month since I have been active and I'm glad to be back! Well, let me fill you in on my crazy life...;)
-DW is pregnant with twins
-WDW trip in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!
-And that's basically it...
Twins threw me for a loop:rotfl:Things are never normal here in Sherwood. How are things in your neck of the woods?

Congratulations! Congratulations!

Hello everyone! It's been over a month since I have been active and I'm glad to be back! Well, let me fill you in on my crazy life...;)
Twins threw me for a loop:rotfl:Things are never normal here in Sherwood. How are things in your neck of the woods?
Congrats and good luck. Things are about to get crazier in your house!:thumbsup2

Good work clearing the path! Keep an eye on the airfares. I was able to get lower cost flights about 3 weeks after our window opened. Credits for the next trip. We fly mid week as the costs from Boston/Manchester go up significantly for weekend flights.
Yup, good call. I'd def be okay with a credit. We only have nonstop flights via southwest\airtran. So I'd be okay with an airline credit if we can get a cheaper flight.

Have an omelet and a great trip.

I wish that was what we had left on the mortgage. :headache:
:

One of the few perks of living in KY.

Snow is coming down pretty good here today in Chicagoland. They are predicting 7-10" and a lot of places are closing. Sure looks nice outside my window here in the office. Guess I'll probably go home soon too since everyone else is leaving.

It's heading here tonight. Who let the snow out?

I am lucky that even when things are not so good, they at least try to give some type of increase and the chance of me being laid off are about the same as the company shutting down so no worries there for now. I hope Dean gets a paper cut!:lmao::lmao:

I understand about the desire to be competitive thru financial compensation, but they are outwardly announcing they plan on screwing people over to achieve it. Increase fundraising, institute a hiring freeze, sell property - but don't layoff existing staff.

Every time I see the title of this thread I immediately think of the peguins in Madagascar.

penguins-d-madagascar.jpg

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Wrong company.

Running to cure a hangover????:confused3 I always thought you were just supposed to sleep it off. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Waffle House omelets took care of my hangovers. And bacon.

Here's the pressed penny bracelet I made for DD. She promptly broke it and I have to fix it today.

Those look cool.

Double congratulations.

Thanks Norm, DD was kindof in a "pout because we are leaving Disney" mood so she prob would not of participated anyways, the food was amazing, I almost had to roll myself on the Monorail, best food we had all weekend, and it beat all the food from the last trip too. Besides the DVC discount I was happy that I was able to buy the DVC 4 resort pin set with SSR, BLT, AKV and OKW, the first one I got, I'm glad I looked before we left but it had 2 BLT ones and no SSR so I exchanged it. And thank you again for the heads up on TOTWL, We all loved it and DD was so proud that she spotted the hidden Mickey on the 16th floor on the ceiling

I still get that end of the trip funk. And, I have that same pin set. Did the SSR have the Treehouse Villa? That has to be the next one.

Good to see I'm not the only one working hard!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
:

Going for three beers tonight. Extra training.

Kinda have a weird idea, would anyone be up for A Finding Bigfoot expediation in either VA or PA this summer:confused3 Although IMO after a few cocktails it would be way more interesting:thumbsup2 But a DDC Bigfoot expedition would be a 1st::yes::

I'm in, if we can get on that show. :lmao:

I think the cave is still an option. The girls are very excited!

We are looking forward to it as well. I won't get the lego tickets.

Some of you already know but tonight my son was tested and received his pre Black Belt in karate, by The Grand Master himself, usually a instructor or Master does it, so having A Grand Master do it is quite a honor:thumbsup2

Got your text. Congrats to him.

Ok my Fellow DISDads I am putting down a DISDad Challenge!

The challenge is to get a picture of a Dole Whip with Bacon!

I just think that the flavors would go together very well, and I want a picture of it!

The winner will get a Fabulous DISDad No-Prize!

Please no Photoshop pictures.

I'll be posting this in all Three Clubhouses.

DW and I both wear monthly. Both of my teenage DDs wear biweekly. It really comes down to what you and your doctor decide that you can handle. I think that they typically start new contact wearers with a shorter term version. I still have a backup set of glasses for when I'm just relaxing at home.

My doctor started me on Air Optics Aqua contacts a few years ago. As I understand it, not everyone can wear them. In fact, they felt large in my eyes the first time that I tried them, but they are the most comfortable, long day wear contacts that I have ever worn.

I also remember those one year contacts and the multiple chemical cleanings and other pains. Things are MUCH easier now.

I started last night... today was the first FULL day...

Also the monthly, Air Optics.

I am still getting used to them. The left one seems to have settled in quite well, while the right I can still feel it in the eye. A bit of a nuisance, but hopefully as my eye warms up to them after a few days it will be ok.

I wore them about 10 hours today. Just took them out now... they weren't bothering me. But I was told to only wear e'm max 10 hours for the first week.

Congrats David!

I used to wear contacts....then in 2004, DW and I treated ourselves to getting our eyes "zapped" with a LASIK procedure.

Plus, they pulled my name out of a hat that month which made my procedure free! And, I had opted for the lifetime "enhancement" on my eyes.

After about 4 years or so, my eyes started to not be 20/20. So I wore glasses for a little while until I decided to go ahead and take them up on an enhancement. So I went back in 2010 (I think) to have my eyes "re-zapped" and they've been great ever since.

Went and saw Mary Poppins yesterday.....WHAT A SHOW! I highly recommend seeing it if you ever get the chance. Outstanding. The sets were amazing!

Have a great Monday gentlemen! :thumbsup2

Look at you... Mr. Laser eye dude for free!!! The things you learn about nemesisisisis on discussion boards. :thumbsup2

Told ya Mary Poppins was awesome... :) Same show as T.O.? A bit different from the movie? With Mrs. Andrews? No Penguins? and Park Statues? Favorite scene for me was the Bird Lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter