• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXVI: They all went to the DDCC and all we got was this Lousy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for long. Barry's a runner now.
I've met her. They only way I'll be able to beat her is if Paul gets a clean cut of her Achilles with his shiv. And even then I'll need about a mile and a half head start.
What flavor did you try? Mocha's not so bad.
Strawberry. Sounded safe. Tasted horrible.

I've tried about 4 or 5 flavors of Gu. No bad ones in the bunch. :thumbsup2

1/20/13 Jim and Mark at AFC Championship Game

DISDadsmeetup_zps63b9ef3e.jpg

Norm- Let me know if that works :surfweb:

Howdy all,
My name is Cliff. I have been poking around the boards for the last several months and have finally decided to join now that are planning our first family trip this summer.
I have a DW and 2 DD's (5 and 12) they will be 6 and 13 by our trip.
I have only been to the World once back when I was in Junior High and have been a disney freak since then, it is nice to find a like minded group.
I look forward to many great conversations.
:welcome: Cliff.

The only thing you won't find here is conversation with substance. :rotfl2:

We have a Norm and now a Cliff! Welcome! Randall (Cinderella's Fella) will be along to give you a number and add you to the list!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

BEVERLY!!!!

Already short a few people here at work this week and had somebody call in sick... he better be sick, or I'll give him a reason to miss work. Been crazy around here, first chance I've had to check in today. Hope everyone is doing well... prayers, congratulations, etc.
Maybe he was warned about the test. :rotfl2:

Oh, and by the way, I knew we were scheduled for the drug test company to visit us today and just got a preview of the randomly selected list... yep, I get to go pee in a cup later today. :thumbsup2 Doesn't seem so random to me... 1 to 3 names each time they come by and it seems like I'm on it about every other time. How many do I have to pass before they quit picking on me. :headache:
You should change it up every now and then and fail. :p

About mile 9 of the half marathon they were handing out Clif Shots energy gels. I can see how they would make you run faster. You eat one, it tastes like absolute horse s***, you vomit everything out of your stomach, thus making you a few pounds lighter. :thumbsup2
Yea, those things were nasty.

You guys need to stop teasing Andy about his drug test! He's having a hard enough time just being on Team Tim!
He is doing just fine, thank you very much!

Team Tim rocks. :thumbsup2
::yes::

Really? Why? :confused3
Cuz we da best!

Seem like you have more time to play online with your new position. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

YUUUP! This is what I see. Now, if you ever move yr pictures on PB to a new folder or change the name, then you have to edit the link. Otherwise, you are good to go.

AirGoofy said:
Question: How much do you budget for the family vacation(s) a year? You don't have to post an amount, just a % of take home pay. The budget talk continues here at home, and I'm just interested.

Normally for the cabin fever trip to an indoor water park in the winter and camping with DW's family in July we budget between 1 and 1.5%. For Disney only we need to bump it up to over 3%

Had to do one of those for previous job once. How does it work up there in the North? Do they have to watch? Or, do you go in the specially equipped bathroom where stuff is nailed down?

They don't watch you, but they pull up in a truck pulling a portable restroom on a trailer... you walk in, fill out paperwork, empty your pockets, wash your hands at a sink and then they have 2 doors that each lead to a small stall with a tankless toilet with blue dye in it.

Normally for the cabin fever trip to an indoor water park in the winter and camping with DW's family in July we budget between 1 and 1.5%. For Disney only we need to bump it up to over 3%

If that includes travel and food expenses, then delete those %s immediately as you are not helping my cause. :lmao:

Howdy all,
My name is Cliff. I have been poking around the boards for the last several months and have finally decided to join now that are planning our first family trip this summer.
I have a DW and 2 DD's (5 and 12) they will be 6 and 13 by our trip.
I have only been to the World once back when I was in Junior High and have been a disney freak since then, it is nice to find a like minded group.
I look forward to many great conversations.

Welcome Cliff!

High Cliff! (I guess only the fellow Wisconsinites will get that joke. We have a High Cliff State Park. Nice place. You should check it out some time. Either way, welcome to the club!)

Back to work today. I check the calendar...this is my first full week at work since December 10th. Normally that would be cause for a celebration of not doing anything, but I start my new position today at work. Not really sure what it is yet, but my new boss said we'd meet today and go over it. Sounds like a lot of learning on the fly for both of us.

Hope your first day in the new position went well.

They don't watch you, but they pull up in a truck pulling a portable restroom on a trailer... you walk in, fill out paperwork, empty your pockets, wash your hands at a sink and then they have 2 doors that each lead to a small stall with a tankless toilet with blue dye in it.

The nailed down bathroom. A buddy here (does not have to watch) but told me about all the methods people will try to go thru in those secured bathrooms will go to in order to dilute their samples. Apparently, they are all rigged to let the screener know if someone tried to smuggle in a sample or add something while there. He did not go into details and I didn't ask how he knew ......:faint:

BEVERLY!!!!

Already short a few people here at work this week and had somebody call in sick... he better be sick, or I'll give him a reason to miss work. Been crazy around here, first chance I've had to check in today. Hope everyone is doing well... prayers, congratulations, etc.

Oh, and by the way, I knew we were scheduled for the drug test company to visit us today and just got a preview of the randomly selected list... yep, I get to go pee in a cup later today. :thumbsup2 Doesn't seem so random to me... 1 to 3 names each time they come by and it seems like I'm on it about every other time. How many do I have to pass before they quit picking on me. :headache:

Maybe they heard you were training for the Nemie Challenge.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The link works. You have a busy trip planned. Have fun.

Had to do one of those for previous job once. How does it work up there in the North? Do they have to watch? Or, do you go in the specially equipped bathroom where stuff is nailed down?

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

You making the trip? I thought you had Disney trips planned.

Get yourself a free account on photobucket or another site. You upload your picture there, and then copy/ paste in the img code.

I'll get the pic up tonight or tomorrow. Ended up crazy busy all day and have meetings tonight. If I get home early enough I'll post. Phone batt died last night so I didn't post then.

Question: How much do you budget for the family vacation(s) a year? You don't have to post an amount, just a % of take home pay. The budget talk continues here at home, and I'm just interested.

We budget $4K/year and have it taken directly from check to a special account. Sometimes we spend less, sometime more. It all seems to work out in the end.

OK, it's up. Thanks Mark. Again, it was nice to meet you last night. Next time I'll plan a little better and get to your tailgate with awesome lobster rolls and beer!

So who is whom?

What do you mean Randall? I'm right there. :rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter