DDC XXVI: They all went to the DDCC and all we got was this Lousy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahh got all my trips planned for awhile, and a baseball trip if y'all end up goin

Budget talk right now. DW says I have allocated too much $ for vacations. So, it really is a wait and see right now.

I'll get the pic up tonight or tomorrow. Ended up crazy busy all day and have meetings tonight. If I get home early enough I'll post. Phone batt died last night so I didn't post then.

Mark did a few posts back.

Just checking in. I'd hate to miss a thread entirely! :rotfl2:
Not much has changed here. We are hoping to take some kind of vacation before Spring but it won't be Disney. At the top of the list is Yuma/El Centro to visit my DW's best friend and to see our son perform with the Blues at the 2013 El Centro Airshow. 2nd on the list right now is Pensacola, again to see our son. Third is probably the Myrtle Beach area, possibly with our daughter and 2 grandkids. This all depends on how my DW feels, which isn't great. She sees a new neurologist this week and we're hoping that sheds some light on some things.
Other than that, I'm just trying to hang in.
Hope everyone else is well and enjoying Winter!

Budget talk right now. DW says I have allocated too much $ for vacations. So, it really is a wait and see right now.

Mark did a few posts back.

Noticed. Was trying to catchup on the thread and in my rush before meetings, didn't check.

With regards to the $ for vacation, I posted the amount we try to save annually. I should add that we try to take at least two vacations a year. One more local and then one somewhere else. We have done Disney, DC, Niagra Falls, NH, VT and looking for a quick somewhere to go this year on Feb. Vaca. Not sure we have agreed on a location yet.

Just checking in. I'd hate to miss a thread entirely! :rotfl2:!

Good to hear from you, Mike. Continued prayers for your DW.

With regards to the $ for vacation, I posted the amount we try to save annually. I should add that we try to take at least two vacations a year. One more local and then one somewhere else. We have done Disney, DC, Niagra Falls, NH, VT and looking for a quick somewhere to go this year on Feb. Vaca. Not sure we have agreed on a location yet.

Last year, we did the HHI DVC spring break, summer trip - Reds, Indy, RFC, & Mammoth Cave, and BLT in October. This year, we have the BWI booked for Spring Break and the Dream bookended by a couple nights at WDW at BLT. I would like to do another baseball game this summer and a trip down to Opry Mills Mall in February - a fun day. DW says that I am spending too much vacation $. Budget talks continue.

We budget $4K/year and have it taken directly from check to a special account. Sometimes we spend less, sometime more. It all seems to work out in the end.

Yes it does, I don't know how, but it always does!

What do you mean Randall? I'm right there. :rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

Remember Jim, wherever you go, there you are!

Not much has changed here. We are hoping to take some kind of vacation before Spring but it won't be Disney. At the top of the list is Yuma/El Centro to visit my DW's best friend and to see our son perform with the Blues at the 2013 El Centro Airshow. 2nd on the list right now is Pensacola, again to see our son. Third is probably the Myrtle Beach area, possibly with our daughter and 2 grandkids. This all depends on how my DW feels, which isn't great. She sees a new neurologist this week and we're hoping that sheds some light on some things.

MIKE! :wave: Praying that your DW feels better!

Happy Birthday to Crash, who can outrun any of the DisDads:thumbsup2

I've met her. They only way I'll be able to beat her is if Paul gets a clean cut of her Achilles with his shiv. And even then I'll need about a mile and a half head start.

She was impressed with Paul's time this year. Her goal is to take him down next year. Barry and Tim? Don't think so. She is thinking about walking on to SH's Cross Country Team next year. She will get her butt kicked but will be in super shape.

1/20/13 Jim and Mark at AFC Championship Game

DISDadsmeetup_zps63b9ef3e.jpg

Norm- Let me know if that works :surfweb:

Nice pic and good meet up. We need to plan for a Sox game next year. Are there pre-game tailgate opportunities available?

Hey Mike. Best to you and your wife. How about some pictures of your son and the Blue Angels in the coming year? We haven't seen him in a while.

Mike it sure is good to see you back on here again!!!:thumbsup2

MIIIKE!!! good to hear from you. hope things go a little better for you guys with the new neo. :thumbsup2 keep in touch! FLY NAVY!
1/20/13 Jim and Mark at AFC Championship Game

DISDadsmeetup_zps63b9ef3e.jpg

Norm- Let me know if that works :surfweb:

great meet! :thumbsup2

AirGoofy said:

Well with being a single dad it's a lot diff, the next 2 trips are really only plausible because I have SW flight vouchers so that helps, after these 2 , I would like to do HHI like I talked to you about before, that is drivable (WDW is also drivable but DD would be driving me nuts) so waiting on that till she's older but the march trip budget I would say is $1500, the DL trip since I rented pts will prob borderline 2k, but also that's me and DD so I would imagine yours would prob be quite a bit more

I got my car back, it took awhile since everything was showing OK, so after my mechanic called me a few times (he knows I'm usually pretty accurate with pinpointing the problem) while I was on the phone with him it finally acted up, it did turn out to be the alternator like I thought:thumbsup2, but if someone who had no idea about cars brought it in most likely it would have been going back to the shop:scared1:, The alt was pretty pricey like I thought it would be and with a oil change it came to $366, not bad for not having to break down somewhere:confused3

I got my car back, it took awhile since everything was showing OK, so after my mechanic called me a few times (he knows I'm usually pretty accurate with pinpointing the problem) while I was on the phone with him it finally acted up, it did turn out to be the alternator like I thought:thumbsup2, but if someone who had no idea about cars brought it in most likely it would have been going back to the shop:scared1:, The alt was pretty pricey like I thought it would be and with a oil change it came to $366, not bad for not having to break down somewhere:confused3

Pricey, but better than being stranded and better than a car payment.

Well with being a single dad it's a lot diff, the next 2 trips are really only plausible because I have SW flight vouchers so that helps, after these 2 , I would like to do HHI like I talked to you about before, that is drivable (WDW is also drivable but DD would be driving me nuts) so waiting on that till she's older but the march trip budget I would say is $1500, the DL trip since I rented pts will prob borderline 2k, but also that's me and DD so I would imagine yours would prob be quite a bit more

DW and I drove for our honeymoon to save $, but I probably would fly if it is just the two of us. Everything is x4 for the next decade.

That last post should have read this also: what's up all? Did I miss anything spectacular?

Just all our usual words of wisdom. :fart:

I think the Canadians are up to something it's snowing out here coming down hard and sticking:scared1: I'm sure the penguins will be part of the 2nd wave:lmao:

Disney Commando said:
Glad it was just the alternator.

Disney Commando said:
I think the Canadians are up to something it's snowing out here coming down hard and sticking:scared1: I'm sure the penguins will be part of the 2nd wave:lmao:
Send some of that white stuff this way. It is below zero here and there is no snow on the ground.

twokids0204 said:
It's too darn cold to snow here....
I think we're getting unaided by southerners. They are canceling evening activities because the wind chill is only -20

I sense the penguins are mobilizing.

I think we're getting unaided by southerners. They are canceling evening activities because the wind chill is only -20

Agreed. It is supposed to be 13 degrees tomorrow morning here. A pile of snow means another day off and not having to go outside. I really need to convince DW to move to CJ's front yard with me.

She was impressed with Paul's time this year. Her goal is to take him down next year. Barry and Tim? Don't think so. She is thinking about walking on to SH's Cross Country Team next year. She will get her butt kicked but will be in super shape.

As long as I have the fear of her shiving me, I'll always have the need to be a few steps ahead. :thumbsup2

Or out of the race. That may be safer, and less exhausting. :thumbsup2

Seriously, if she starts training more, me and my achilles are cooked. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter