DDC XXIV - What Bacon Shortage? We're Full Of It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, we're having Turkey and Chinese food tomorrow?!?!?! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Score!!! :thumbsup2

The duck is smiling at me. :lmao:

Mmmmm Chinese!!! I could eat that EVERY day!!!!:thumbsup2

Really? What is your favorite?

Honestly, I haven't seen them. I'm glad the gubment has transitioned us to coin dollars. :thumbsup2

I think I spent a roll of them a few years back. People were confused.

Really? I just had P.F. Changs tonight. God help the people who will be running behind me in the morning! :lmao:

Turbo boost? :lmao:

They try to push PBR here as a "high-end" discount beer :rotfl2:

It's better than natty light or the beast.

We are having a beverly of a time getting good Belgium beers in, no idea the issue is. On;y Stella makes it through. No Duvel, no Leffe, and others are creepng in so slowly. Finally got some Chimay red after a month or so...:sad2:

Stella is a decent beer. It has been getting a lot of ads here and displays at our local liquor store.

This is how I want my day to go tomorrow, around 8 roll out of bed, go outside crack one open cook bacon on the grill, watch parade have a few (Hey, I'm not going anywhere:thumbsup2), around 11 put turkey on nurse it so I get some nice crispy skin:thumbsup2, 4pm feast and maybe hit the sack around 6 hammered, to me that would be a perfect holiday,no worries, unless I could spend it at WDW then there's no topping it:confused3

All this alcohol talk is killing me. I've been downing water all day.

ALL I WANT IS A STINKING BEER!!!!!!

Who's stopping you???

By the way, what was up with that crazy thread about the woman and giving her boyfriend a WDW trip.

It is amazing how something as inherently fun and entertaining as Disney can engender such negative emotions that people feel compeled to express on these boards. In real life, if someone made some of those comments to me, they would be pulling my genuine Mickey Mouse back scratcher out of their back side.

I am all in favor of having a nemesis, but even Aaron and I don't talk to each other that way. Neither do Tim and Barry (most of the time).

This is how I want my day to go tomorrow, around 8 roll out of bed, go outside crack one open cook bacon on the grill, watch parade have a few (Hey, I'm not going anywhere:thumbsup2), around 11 put turkey on nurse it so I get some nice crispy skin:thumbsup2, 4pm feast and maybe hit the sack around 6 hammered, to me that would be a perfect holiday,no worries, unless I could spend it at WDW then there's no topping it:confused3

Have room for a guest??

OMG people shopping for Thanksgiving are crazy, been home since 7:45 almost killed a 12pack already, people really wait till the last minute to prepare:rolleyes1

d3

I thought you didn't drink beer and were a mixed drink guy. :confused3. Anyway, I did the bacon-wrapped green beans again for tomorrow. They are marinating in the fridge now and I'll out them in the oven tomorrow. Unbeknown to DW, I have the flask of bourbon to bring with me. I wonder what time she'll figure out I am tanked? First up, MIL and Fox News at noon.

Bug Light? Not so much. I do drink it on occasion but my favorite all around beer is Long Trail. I've been drinking a lot of Dogfish Head 60 & 90 minute lately.

Dogfish is excellent and I actually have a few Long Trail Ales in my Coke (Beer) Machine.

If you're into the IPA's some excellent ones I've had lately are Stone IPA (my new favorite), Bear Republic's "Racer 5 IPA" or Boulavard Brewing's "Double Wide".

Another one I just found is called Shed Brewery IPA (out of Stowe VT), you may be able to find that in CT. Cheers. :drinking1

I thought you didn't drink beer and were a mixed drink guy. :confused3. Anyway, I did the bacon-wrapped green beans again for tomorrow. They are marinating in the fridge now and I'll out them in the oven tomorrow. Unbeknown to DW, I have the flask of bourbon to bring with me. I wonder what time she'll figure out I am tanked? First up, MIL and Fox News at noon.

I don't drink beer, but I do drink Smirnooff XXX Black they go down like water, they are only 4.5% but I have to pace myself sometimes:rotfl2:

Turbo boost? :lmao:
Hopefully. I hope I don't crap my pants. :mad:

Sounds like a good day to me!

Bug Light? Not so much. I do drink it on occasion but my favorite all around beer is Long Trail. I've been drinking a lot of Dogfish Head 60 & 90 minute lately.

I had Dogfish Head in Rehoboth Delaware a few years back. It might have been their IPA, but I found it very bitter.

If you are in Westchester County, try Captain Lawrence. It started out as a local guy making beers, then all the top restaurants started featuring it. He just built a new brewery and always has great seasonals. I could grab me a growler right now.

Bacon Wrapped green beans now that sounds interesting:scratchin

Who's stopping you???
I'm stopping me.

I'm running a 10k at 7:30am tomorrow. I've been downing water all day.

By the way, what was up with that crazy thread about the woman and giving her boyfriend a WDW trip.

It is amazing how something as inherently fun and entertaining as Disney can engender such negative emotions that people feel compeled to express on these boards. In real life, if someone made some of those comments to me, they would be pulling my genuine Mickey Mouse back scratcher out of their back side.

I am all in favor of having a nemesis, but even Aaron and I don't talk to each other that way. Neither do Tim and Barry (most of the time).
People love to talk smack behind their computer. They also like to tell people what they are doing wrong, how to make things right, etc etc... to a simple question. The OP didn't need to be told that she doesn't have morals. Or that she shouldn't consider a boyfriend as family... on and on. She asked a simple question that got turned into a debate. :confused3

I like General Tso Chicken...but chicken and broccoli and chicken and mushrooms are good too...and love pork egg rolls!!!:rolleyes1

you have to watch the broccoli, nothing worse later on if it backs up on you and you start passing some broccoli borderline gas:scared1:

Stinking beer? You mean Schlitz?

I barely even see it in stores here... :rotfl:

I have no idea why they push it like they do (Sleemans owns it up here) they already have Old Milwaukee and Ice here, which dominates the "cheap beer imports" market.

Wish Dogfish Head would return up here, but no luck so far, I think that ship has sailed. Lots of others good US craft beers are looking to get their feet in the door now.

It's better than natty light or the beast.

Stella is a decent beer. It has been getting a lot of ads here and displays at our local liquor store.

Yeah, Stella's really ramped up the ads here too lately. They are still #2 behing Heineken though.

What is natty light and the beast, pray I ask? :lmao:

People love to talk smack behind their computer. They also like to tell people what they are doing wrong, how to make things right, etc etc... to a simple question. The OP didn't need to be told that she doesn't have morals. Or that she shouldn't consider a boyfriend as family... on and on. She asked a simple question that got turned into a debate. :confused3

It's why I so rarely venture outside of the DDC threads now, if I got into a debate like that, I'd lose it big time. I have anger issues apparently :angel:

I thought you didn't drink beer and were a mixed drink guy. :confused3.
That's what I thought too.....

I don't drink beer, but I do drink Smirnooff XXX Black they go down like water, they are only 4.5% but I have to pace myself sometimes:rotfl2:
That explains it.

Dogfish is excellent and I actually have a few Long Trail Ales in my Coke (Beer) Machine.

If you're into the IPA's some excellent ones I've had lately are Stone IPA (my new favorite), Bear Republic's "Racer 5 IPA" or Boulavard Brewing's "Double Wide".

Another one I just found is called Shed Brewery IPA (out of Stowe VT), you may be able to find that in CT. Cheers. :drinking1
I drink Stone too. I haven't head of the other ones.. I also been drinking Lagunita's IPA too. Shed is made by Otter Creek now- which is another one of my favorites. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I had Dogfish Head in Rehoboth Delaware a few years back. It might have been their IPA, but I found it very bitter.

If you are in Westchester County, try Captain Lawrence. It started out as a local guy making beers, then all the top restaurants started featuring it. He just built a new brewery and always has great seasonals. I could grab me a growler right now.
I'll have to come down and polish one off with you!!! :thumbsup2

I'm stopping me.

I'm running a 10k at 7:30am tomorrow. I've been downing water all day.

Good luck with the run! And Happy Thanksgiving!

I am going to catch up on some sleep tomorrow and head to NJ for dinner at the parents' house.

I normally have a couple glasses of wine the night before a race. I think it helps me sleep better... :confused3

You could try a few Pabsts?!?!?! :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter