DCL Confessions

I wonder if I could pay a kid on my cruise to deliver the FE gifts? :rolleyes1

I like putting them together to give out and I like checking the pockets to see what we got but I'm not a big fan of having to run around the ship delivering them.

If you cruised with my daughter, she'd LOVE to...and you could probably bargain her down to a special FE gift or milkshake...she just loves running around the ship! LOL

I'm posting this now while people are "discussing" something different.

Maybe no one will notice.

*SPEAKING REALLY REALLY FAST SO YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND* I reused my #2 Boarding Pass on our second cruise. Whew. :faint:

I was going to take that one to the grave. But I felt it was a good time to confess :flower3: :duck:

Now you can't do that. Back in the old days they handed out the same cards. I didn't plan to keep it, they just didn't ask for it back on our very first 4 day, I just kept it with my navigators.

It is safely secured in my scrap book now. I did NOT sell it on EBAY :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jeez, I feel like I took one for the team, stay on topic. Love this thread :grouphug: Don't flame me. I can't take it from my daughter (was 10 min late picking her up today~oh the horror) then come here on a fun thread and get it. :thumbsup2 :p

Brilliant!! Why didn't I think of that??:rotfl2::rotfl2: I still have my passes too. We were not asked to give them back so I kept them! Oops!!

When we did our B2B in August 2011, we were actually given a #1. I wanted to keep it for the album but the CM wouldn't let us so all we have is a picture of me holding it!

It's been two years now so I guess I can confess without fear,
"I have yelled at my wife in line to get pictures with a princess."
It was our first cruise and my wife is really shy when it comes to new things. So from the point of departure to this line four days later it has been one "go ask that CM this!" or "Are we allowed to do that, you should go ask first" after another. Not knowing anything about cruising made her want to ask about everything and her shyness made it my job to ask for her because the cm's were "scary". I was tired of it and stuck in line to see four princesses we had already gotten pics with but since we had the photo package we had to get these pictures too. As we waited I notice another background for photos setting up upstairs, I pointed it out to my wife and asked if she wanted to get pictures up there too.
"no, we'll be late for dinner." she said
"no big deal love, it's just a few minutes"
"no they will wait for us and I don't want to hold up the table and the servers are expecting us."
"IT WILL BE FINE!! NO ONE CARES IF WE'RE A LITTLE LATE"

I had no intention of raising my voice or yelling but by the looks I got I did and the whole lobby heard me.

long story short (I know "too late") we got pics with all the princesses and at the back ground up stairs, I felt like a jerk for yelling and we made it to dinner just a few minutes late... "no one cared"

One more please,
At that dinner the waiter made two paper people for us and asked us "which is male and which is female". My table passed the two paper people around but couldn't tell any difference. Now our table was all adults, no kids, so I decided to answer the riddle in a very un-disney way.

I took one of the two paper figures and ripped two lines in the crotch area. With a fold here and a fold there I had created a male paper doll with an origami erection.

The look of shock on my tablemates faces was worth the price of the cruise.

When the waiter returned he asked "So did you figure out who was the guy"

"yes... yes I did"

:rolleyes1

I have not sailed yet, but I will confess that this thread has turned me away from FE's and put my mind at ease about dressing up for dinner. Not that I will wear shorts, but my jeans will be just fine instead of the dress slacks I thought I'd have to wear nightly.

January 2009 -

#1) I was just beginning to get immersed in All things Disney when I entered the middle elevator Deck 3 of the Disney Wonder.

My TR from the adventure:
"MY VERY 1ST TRIP 2 WDW / DISNEY WONDER" 01-07-09 to 01-15-09 (w/pics & video)
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062857
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 trip report ...
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201584 - Cached

ANYWHO -

and I see two people in the elevator w/one being a young man in a white turban w/ short cropped black hair wearing what looked liked white 80's parachute jump pants.

To me,
he just had that look like he was some Prince from overseas.popcorn::

WAIT!!

It gets better......
So,
me ...........:rolleyes1

wanting to continue to be in the Disney frame of mind -
and friendly too........

NOT REALIZNG WHO HE IS.....................

proceeds to strike up a conversation using what Arabic I knew.:headache:

HE meanwhile,
throw up his hands frantically & says,

"ENGLISH, ENGLISH!!"

So, dummy me switches languages (back to Engish) with he and I having the most 'funnest' 2 minute elevator conversation I have had in years (couldn't figure out WHY the other person in the elevator was trying sooooooo hard to surpress from laughing).:scratchin

FLASH FORWARD 6 month later -

......and I FINALLY watch 'that' Disney movie!!

......and slowly realize..........

WEll........

I will let you fill in the blanks!!:lmao:

MAN..................did I ever feel STOOPID!!:headache:

BUT WAIT!! THERE IS MORE!!

#2: March 2010 ABD vacation out to Anaheim
(Disney related)

I asked Goofy one evening how big are his feet (implying what size shoe does he wear).
He threw back his hands with each out as far as he could, as if to say he caught a fish "this big."

I asked him again, he repeated.

FLASH FORWARD
later on that night at an ABD going away dinner

I asked the cartoonist (who was drawing him for me - my fav Disney character), the same ? since I thought Goofy was telling me "a fish story".....or two.:goodvibes

The cartoonist................
literally looked over her glasses and said to me ...........

(in a P.C. way of course as she said the essense of):

"DUDE.....HE IS A DOG........ THINK ABOUT IT."

***************** DOH !! *********************

ok......thanks 4 allowing me to confess.:littleangel:

T.T.F.N.

When the waiter returned he asked "So did you figure out who was the guy"

"yes... yes I did"

:rolleyes1

sooooo, how were u REALLY supposed 2 tell which one was male? I'm sure there is a clever joke in there somewhere before your Kirk-like solution to the puzzle...

btw, hope there weren't children at the table!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

sooooo, how were u REALLY supposed 2 tell which one was male? I'm sure there is a clever joke in there somewhere before your Kirk-like solution to the puzzle...

btw, hope there weren't children at the table!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Firstly there were no kids at our table, I don"t think the waiter would have given us that riddle if there were children with us. I would never have given that answer I gave if we were eating with a family with kids.

As for the real answer, the waiter folded the two dolls in half lengthwise, placed them on top of each other then blow on them. the doll on top moved up and down in a very "kirk" like way. "see he has to be the boy" the waiter said, the table all said "ahh" and we moved on, happy to put the whole thing behind us.

My first cry is on the bus approaching the port. Seeing the ship for the first time again is very emotional for me! I also cry when they sound the horn. Love when you wish upon a star. :) I cry during Golden Mickey's when they do the Walt footage.... Disney Dreams. And lastly when I have to take off my lanyard at the end of the cruise.

This is a relief. We're leaving on our first DCL cruise on Monday and I fully expect the waterworks to flow when I hear the boat horn. And I'm not even a huge Disney fan. Glad I'm not the only one. :-)

I am not blonde, but I didn't get either one of Knewton's points. Bet you are right- that had to be Aladdin.

Now, about Goofy....what am I not getting?

I am not blonde, but I didn't get either one of Knewton's points. Bet you are right- that had to be Aladdin.

Now, about Goofy....what am I not getting?

Ha ha! I didn't understand either one of his stories, either. Hope someone explains.

Knewton was kinder than I would have been. don't know any Arabic but when I see a middle eastern descent person, I confess, I instantly think to myself "take me to your food!" ... Is that bad...

Knewton was kinder than I would have been. don't know any Arabic but when I see a middle eastern descent person, I confess, I instantly think to myself "take me to your food!" ... Is that bad...

Nah. My husband is Indian and, alas, I am not. Whenever we see a big Indian family in the parks sharing a meal brought from home, he pretends like he's going to stick his hand in and grab some. He always jokes they won't notice one more brown hand. I guess my sandwiches don't cut it when he can smell the curry spices wafting by. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter