DCL Confessions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by molly mouse, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Me too!!! I do it from cruise to cruise tho, not on the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

This. ^^^

4. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

WELCOME! pixiedust:

I posted earlier that I can't stand to throw anything away that has a DCL logo on it. Matches, pens and even those paper cover things they put on the glasses in the stateroom! :wave2:

5. feelthenspeak

feelthenspeak Mouseketeer

Word!...sorry if I took over the thread earlier, debbie downers irritate me..on to the confessions!

The fe regifting is HI-larious! What do people really do with all that stuff!!??!!

6. Cptnkirky

Cptnkirky Mouseketeer

Wonder why? This is what my family and I have done on all cruises for over 20 years.... strange! Who wants to wear their bathing suit all day, through a flight, bus trip to the port, checkin, lunch, etc; with the possibility it might be raining!? not me :thumbsup2

7. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

Moving on while name calling?

8. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

My confession is that I ignore what other people are wearing in the MDR's. I don't know if anyone is wearing shorts, tank tops, or slippers. I'm perfectly ok with wearing a suit while others around me dine in their robes.

P.S. Mods, please don't close.

9. DCLcruisefan

DCLcruisefan Avid Cruiser

Okay, I'll admit it. I was young and I cried while disembarking my first Disney cruise, which was also my very first cruise. :sad1:

10. sweetpee_1993

sweetpee_1993 DIS Veteran

My confession:

I don't like dressing up for dinner. I do it in a tolerant way but I don't enjoy it. In January we spent the bucks and bought formals. Yes, BOUGHT. 3 tuxes and a gown. We had 3 cruises for this year so we figured it was a safe investment of the money. Riiiiight. We wore the formals for about an hour on our January cruise for pics. We then unanimously decided it wasn't worth the discomfort, changed back to shorts, & hit up Topsiders for dinner. We didn't even bother hauling the stuff on our May cruise. Hubby & I won't be bringing that mess with us in September and I highly doubt any of it sees the outside of my closet on Allure in November.

I don't like how long MDR dinners take. So many other things I'd rather be doing.

Let the flaming begin. ;)

11. kuhltiffany

kuhltiffany DIS Veteran

We have 2 food allergies in our family (one can be fatal), so most of the food/candy I find in our FE we can't use. On each cruise we've taken, I've discovered FE's not on our Cruise sign-ups when I'm out delivering. I take note of these and drop our candy into those...

12. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

WELCOME!!!

you chose a strange thread to make your debut post...most people are full of questions first!

doesn't matter....we are glad to have you aboard!:cheer2::wave2:

13. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

That's a nice plan.

14. Gracies Moms

Gracies Moms Mouseketeer

I guess I should admit along with you...I wasn't young (38) and I cried as we we were introduced and stepped aboard the Wonder this past April. :)

And again when my 3 yo daughter ran into her first Princess (Tiana). :)

15. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

I'm posting this now while people are "discussing" something different.

Maybe no one will notice.

*SPEAKING REALLY REALLY FAST SO YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND* I reused my #2 Boarding Pass on our second cruise. Whew. :faint:

I was going to take that one to the grave. But I felt it was a good time to confess :flower3: :duck:

Now you can't do that. Back in the old days they handed out the same cards. I didn't plan to keep it, they just didn't ask for it back on our very first 4 day, I just kept it with my navigators.

It is safely secured in my scrap book now. I did NOT sell it on EBAY :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jeez, I feel like I took one for the team, stay on topic. Love this thread :grouphug: Don't flame me. I can't take it from my daughter (was 10 min late picking her up today~oh the horror) then come here on a fun thread and get it. :thumbsup2 :p

16. chris31997

chris31997 Disney Kid at Heart

I think that is great alittle extra pixiedust:

17. figment52

figment52 <font color=royalblue>Oh man, I checked out the we

I am just the opposite - I find ideas, make them and then do not sign up for the FE exchange because I don't want to take the time to deliver then. I will pack some of them and then just drop them in random FE's if I see them in normal travels on the ship. I have a good size box full of assorted gifts ready to go - lol.

18. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

I have wanted to wear pjs to the dining room, but been afraid to (people would flame throw).

19. dibond38

dibond38 Mouseketeer

I don't really like the towel animals except the monkey and it bothers me when they use my stuff on the animals. We do save the monkey and let him hang in the room. The others are quickly turned back into towels.

I also hoard the night time chocolates. I even got the room steward to leave extras on our last trip. Yum.

20. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Yes. This. Allergies!

I cry on boarding. I cry when I leave. I cry when I see the castle.
    I just always thought everyone did that.

There was one lady last cruise who did this every night. To each their own.

Chocolates. With no ingredients list.
    So none of us eat them between allergies, etc. I've always left a neat little stack on the dresser by the closet.

21. doombuqqy

doombuqqy DIS Veteran

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I wore my PJ's to watch POTC on pirate night:upsidedow