DCL Confessions

I carried my own wine, margarita or rum n coke all over the ship in my newly purchased DCL cup to shows or dinner anytime I wanted and never paid a cork fee. Asked for wine glasses and received a kit that included an adorable plastic travel collapsible cork screw with DCL on it. Wine glasses stayed, corkscrew came home.

Also got a promotional bag rate that you are supposed to get if you buy a certain amount...except she gave us that bag deal without buying ANYTHING else!

Celebrated our 10th anniversary on board 3 weeks early son we could be together as a family. Mom n dads 45th is in June but we all still celebrated both milestones on cruise!

My boyfriend and I did that too back in April. We brought sports bottles, split our bottle of wine in half and brought it to the show before dinner. It was nice and really relaxing to have our favorite wine during the show :)

What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.

I've seen the "space men" before. There was a mother/daughter pair at my table at dinner and the girl was SO seasick. I felt so bad for her. The cast members were extremely quick and professional. They moved the other four of us to another table, got us all new beverages/bread/anything we wanted and then quickly removed everything from the table and cleaned. Before we received dessert our former table was like new and set for the next meal. Amazing.

Ahhh....I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one that goes on DCL without their kids. DH and I took a 3 night last week but we didn't tell them we were going anywhere. They weren't home all week so we didn't tell them anything. Ignorance is bliss...... :rolleyes1

Goodness, we've been on two without the kids since they were born. Told them where we were. And that it was a special anniversary date. They know we love each other very much and need alone time occasionally.
And that if they're very good for grandma while we're gone then next time we might take them. So far it's worked.

At a champagne tasting event, we noticed the table next to us (4 ladies) hadn't touched their last 2 glasses of champagne (8 total glasses!) so after it ended and they left, we ran over to their table like vultures scavenging and drank the leftover champagne! No shame!

Goodness, we've been on two without the kids since they were born. Told them where we were. And that it was a special anniversary date. They know we love each other very much and need alone time occasionally.
And that if they're very good for grandma while we're gone then next time we might take them. So far it's worked.

Glad that works for you :thumbsup2

Our children know we take trips for special occasions however, since they were not home while we were gone we really saw no reason to tell them we were sailing DCL without them. :goodvibes

On our last Dream cruise, DH and I were sound asleep 2 hours before DS 14 came "home" from Vibe. He came in just as I woke up at 2am to go to the bathroom, and we didn't know he wasn't there.

Bad mom!

Glad that works for you :thumbsup2

Our children know we take trips for special occasions however, since they were not home while we were gone we really saw no reason to tell them we were sailing DCL without them. :goodvibes

I figure once they're slightly older it'll be harder as they'll realize we could take then with us.

I figure once they're slightly older it'll be harder as they'll realize we could take then with us.

Yeah, my boys are 10 & 11 and would have been very upset if they had known we were going on the Dream without them. We are a blended family and my son was with his dad and my stepson was with his mom so it worked out to where we didn't have to tell them. :rolleyes1

We ordered coffee, oj and cranberry juice from breakfast room service. We had asked or room attendant to have ice in our room every afternoon. So in the morning we would sick the oj and cranberry juice in the grudge and in the afternoon DH would make screw drivers for himself and cape cods for me. We even ordered sliced limes for my drinks and for the caronas he carried on board. It was like having our own private bar in our room lol. We would make or drinks and take it with us to Evolutions every night

This is a great idea. :thumbsup2

I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! :flower3: (Pen hoarder right here!)

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. :lmao: Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here. :rotfl: :p :joker:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: My first thought was this poor poster is going to get hammered for this. :thumbsup2

Ok...I admit it......I took some sand from Castaway Cay for a souvenir. :rolleyes1
..wait, there's more...
I gave small bottles as my FE gift and encouraged 40 other people to do the same thing. :guilty:

Can we not take a little sand? I collect sand from everywhere we go. :blush:

At a champagne tasting event, we noticed the table next to us (4 ladies) hadn't touched their last 2 glasses of champagne (8 total glasses!) so after it ended and they left, we ran over to their table like vultures scavenging and drank the leftover champagne! No shame!

:rotfl: Love this.

I wore slippers with hard soles to dinner in Alaska one night.... I figured they looked like shoes, and I was wearing long pants! :)

That sounds like something I would do. :rotfl:

I am still waiting to take my 1st cruise but this is a great thread!!! I'll be sure to post any confessions after my cruise in Sept. :beach:

My husband and I, on our honeymoon, tested out the airborne ability of grapes off of our balcony. We thought it was so funny that we might have ordered a cheese platter the next night just t experiment a little more.

Also, Someone sent us am in-room platter than had chocolate covered strawberries, and other various items. It also had this really cute chocolate Mickey Mouse that stood on its own. Well, neither of us could bring ourselves to eat him, but he might have also ended up walking the plank our last night. :rotfl::rotfl:

*For those that would lecture us about throwing stuff into the ocean, it wasn't many, and it was food. Mickey might not have gone over if I hadn't maybe had a little too much to drink.

Yeah, my boys are 10 & 11 and would have been very upset if they had known we were going on the Dream without them. We are a blended family and my son was with his dad and my stepson was with his mom so it worked out to where we didn't have to tell them. :rolleyes1

DH and I went on one of the Pixar cruises on the Wonder last September without the kids. They were just starting the school year and we couldn't take them out for a week. Plus DH and I hadn't had a vacation alone since our honeymoon.

The kids knew about it. They weren't happy but they had been on the Wonder for the MR in April and already knew we were booked for the Fantasy this month (so they had plenty of their own vacations).

My confession...I asked my Mom not to bring the kids to see the sailaway (we live near the port so we would often go down just to watch the ship leave on Sundays). I said it would be too hard on the kids to watch us leaving on a Disney cruise without them.

The truth was it would have been too hard on me to sail away and see them standing there :sad:

So there I was just looking over the balcony into the ocean when I got pelted with some grapes! I turned to look up and "wham"! Right in the kisser with, of all things, an iron!
I was steamed.
I took off for the elevators and rode up one floor when I realized I didn't have a murder weapon. Spying an open door, I went into the cabin and took the red pillow off the bed.
Still dazed from taking an iron off the old coconut, I'm not sure I got the right room but I did what I came to do.
On the walk back, I was still carrying the pillow. Not wanting to get caught with the murder weapon, I threw it under a bed of an open cabin...

pirate:

So there I was just looking over the balcony into the ocean when I got pelted with some grapes! I turned to look up and "wham"! Right in the kisser with, of all things, an iron!
I was steamed.
I took off for the elevators and rode up one floor when I realized I didn't have a murder weapon. Spying an open door, I went into the cabin and took the red pillow off the bed.
Still dazed from taking an iron off the old coconut, I'm not sure I got the right room but I did what I came to do.
On the walk back, I was still carrying the pillow. Not wanting to get caught with the murder weapon, I threw it under a bed of an open cabin...

pirate:

Just so long as you weren't wandering to the restaurant barefoot in pajamas afterwards, we'll forgive you.
;)

I was steamed.

pirate:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Sorry to have contributed to your homicidal mania. Good thing that Chocolate Mickey missed you. :) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter