1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

DCL Confessions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by molly mouse, Jun 2, 2013.

1. jczosack

jczosack Pixie Duster

My cousin and I cruised on the Magic in November out of Galveston and left our husbands at home....best cruise ever.... (confession - I didn't feel guilty about it at all).

Drink Tip - When my husband and I cruised out of NYC last June, we purchased DCL NYC insulated drink cups. I took the cups with us for our girls only cruise. We took the cups to the pool every day and asked our server to have them filled up with our favorite drink, a frozen electric blue lemonade. They would fill them to the top (about a drink and a half) and only charge us for the price of one, it was a great week by the pool and we had the same server every day, by the 2nd day he didn't even have to ask, he would just watch for our cups to empty and then grab them and get them filled up again.....it was a great girls only cruise drinking our way through the Western Caribbean.

My daughter was working on her 2nd contract as Anne Marie so we were lucky enough to get a great price for both cruises. She's on her 3rd contract right now, cruising the Med. with the Magic.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ladyj0212

ladyj0212 "Dream"ing of Disney Cruise

:rotfl2:

This made me laugh so hard...the spaceman part..hilarious. I too have seen the spacemen. On our first cruise with our daughter, she was two years old and she got sick on the last night in the middle of the night... Guess the boat was rocking too much for her...she threw up all over the sheets...since it was so late and the last night I put the soiled sheets in a ball in the corner on the floor in the room, and cleaned her up and we went to bed.

...the next morning we were ready to disembark and were one of the last ones on the ship and we were downstairs and I forgot my key card-which we need to get off the ship-I ran back up to the room and there was a spaceman cleaning the room and space people steam cleaning the halls on the same floor. The space man in our room in particular had a big red bio hazard bag. Guess he found the soiled sheets. My bad, spaceman...my bad.:sad2:

4. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

Oh thank goodness I am not the only one who encountered the astronauts :rotfl:
    In our case; the very crowded animators palette dining room was blessed with the presence of the space men and my poor dh, dd and our good friends (who by the way still remain our friends) had to sit through the space men cleaning up the table while I was back at the stateroom. My cheeks still turn bright red thinking about the incident and confessing to it.
    So let me just apologize to all at late dining on the last night of the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic the last week of January 2011, I assure you, you were not on the Millennium Falcon, you were indeed on the Magic :rotfl2::rotfl2:

5. ladyj0212

ladyj0212 "Dream"ing of Disney Cruise

Nice.:thumbsup2

:)

6. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Aw, I was in heaven reading all about your girls only cruise. :lovestruc I would love that so much!

Then it got better that your Anne Marie's mommy! :love: :faint:

7. Myca

Myca Earning My Ears

On a recent trip aboard the Magic me and the family decided to catch a mid day movie in the buena vista theatre. I had just made myself an ice cream float when we decided to go to the movie. Well the movie had just started when we arrived so it was completely dark and my eyes had not adjusted and I missed a step. I caught myself and didn't fall but my hand that was holding the float flew up along with the full cup of ice cream and soda. I'm not sure but I don't think anyone saw me as I was walking behind my dh. After we got the extended family settled in to watch the movie I turned to my dh and let him know that I didn't feel like watching the movie after all and we left. As we walked out of the theatre I said I needed to use the restroom first. Dh turns and looks at me and asked "what happened to you?" I replied "nothing, why? It seems I had ice cream all over my head.

8. SugarRush

SugarRush Earning My Ears

This thread is so funny. Given me some ideas though ;)

9. Fantasiesabound

Fantasiesabound Mouseketeer

:lmao:

You just reminded me that not only am I a PJ wearin' Mama to the breakfast buffet but I am also a dumpster diver!!!

Oh you all will never look at me the same again!!! :p:rotfl:

Coming back on board after CC, (and maybe a couple Konk Koolers) I noticed that someone had dumped their soft sided DCL cooler that they sell the large packs of water in, into the trash!!! I was like, SCORE!!!! and grabbed that puppy right out of that trash can!!!! It was totally clean, and I have cleaned it about three thousand times since. It even still had the tags on it!

It has now become my absolute favorite cooler to bring everywhere!

We also may have more coconut cups for the kids than we actually bought drinks in...... :eek: :lmao:

The stuff people will throw away... I'm tellin ya!!!

You all are now going to be checking around trash cans I assure you!!! :rotfl:

10. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

:lmao: Sorry but that is hilarious. So glad DS was ok and had only eaten too fast. The RP was about 2 minutes away from seeing the "space men" last week on my cruise due to some serious sea sickness. But that's another story. :rolleyes1

11. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

OMG! You had me laughing out loud at the office! The very quiet office. :lmao: :rotfl:

Good one :rotfl2:

I'm glad someone else confessed to this.....now I will also. I didn't want to put them in our beach bag because I was afraid they would scan it so......I had DH put them in the pockets of his swim shorts. ;)

Ahhh....I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one that goes on DCL without their kids. DH and I took a 3 night last week but we didn't tell them we were going anywhere. They weren't home all week so we didn't tell them anything. Ignorance is bliss...... :rolleyes1

12. Fielhol

Fielhol Mouseketeer

Hubby went diving on our last cruise and took a stateroom towel with him to the dive site, in his diving bag. He brought his own flippers, mask etc with us on the trip. When I was unpacking when we got home I found said towel in a side pocket of the bag :/ I was horrified!! Luckily it's just a generic white towel, so it's not expensive. But I always look at it and go ahhhh that came off the Magic :)

13. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

crocs with a dress?!?!?! did they at least have a fashionable rubber heel?:lmao::rotfl2:

14. ranidayz

ranidayz DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Crocs makes some very nice and very comfy heels.

15. fairfax

fairfax DIS Veteran

Oh man, I do this all the time at Rays baseball games! People leave the nice souvenir cups behind at their seats, and the cute (and sturdy!) plastic bowls shaped like baseball caps w/ the team logo that they serve ice cream in. I have a service for 8 now lol. So embarrassing for my kids as I would collect them on our way out of the Trop. I would have been all over that cooler you found!

16. dizney-cruiser

dizney-cruiser DiZney CraZy ºoº<br><font color=blue>we dont want

You are much better than I!! In our guest bathroom I keep a basket with things we bring back from traveling . . . soap, shampoo, etc, etc. . . our guests have often told us how they use them . . .

A friend recently started collecting things for homeless in our area, and I asked if she would like a bunch of these to give them. . .

I was going through all my stash. . . still have some from our first cruise in 2004. . . but I was unable to give away anything Disney!! I started having heart palpitations just thinking about it . . .

17. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

OMG.....that is an awesome find!

I was stalking the excursion meetups on our MR cruise April 2012 because I wanted one of those coolers so bad. My Mom had purchased one the year before on the Dream but I didn't (and regretted it). But they didn't have them on that cruise so I had to wait until we were back on the ship last Sept to finally get one.

Had I only known that I needed to keep an eye on the trash cans instead :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

OK..I'm making a mental note to check all trash cans before buying any souvenirs on the Fantasy this month. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

18. jenifred

jenifred Mouseketeer

Totally guilty of the exact same thing. If I could figure a way to get it off the ship, I'd steal that chair in a heatbeat.

19. patches4me

patches4me Mouseketeer

You can ask at the bar or your room attendant. They will give you as many as you want.

20. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

Of my precious souvenir cups?!? Say it ain't so! I'd have gotten one in every color?

:sad:

21. MissySprng

MissySprng Earning My Ears

You are joking right? I can't imagine not helping if I could, especially if it hasn't been used in almost 10 years.