DCL Confessions

My cousin and I cruised on the Magic in November out of Galveston and left our husbands at home....best cruise ever.... (confession - I didn't feel guilty about it at all).

Drink Tip - When my husband and I cruised out of NYC last June, we purchased DCL NYC insulated drink cups. I took the cups with us for our girls only cruise. We took the cups to the pool every day and asked our server to have them filled up with our favorite drink, a frozen electric blue lemonade. They would fill them to the top (about a drink and a half) and only charge us for the price of one, it was a great week by the pool and we had the same server every day, by the 2nd day he didn't even have to ask, he would just watch for our cups to empty and then grab them and get them filled up again.....it was a great girls only cruise drinking our way through the Western Caribbean.

My daughter was working on her 2nd contract as Anne Marie so we were lucky enough to get a great price for both cruises. She's on her 3rd contract right now, cruising the Med. with the Magic.

I'm not sure I want to confess my "Bad PArent of the Year" incident....but here goes.
After losing my dear mother in law to brain cancer at 63, and 10 months later dear father in law to a heart attack at age 67 - my family decided we needed a lot of Magic. So we took a much needed vacation and spent a week at WDW followed by a week on the Magic EC in Jan 2011 trip. The week on the cruise we spent with good friends of dh's from the military who had a ds a year older than my dd and they had a dd a year older then my ds.
In AP on the last night (we had late seating), I encouraged my ds 3 1/2 to eat all his pasta and I would buy him the big toy he wanted from the store. He is not a good eater and every night the servers would bring our friends daughter 2 meals and she would eat like a pro while ds would not eat hardly anything. So on the last night, I encouraged him - eat all your pasta and you will have the big toy! I can't recall now what the toy was...so ds was so excited. He ate every piece of macaroni. The server commented how proud he was, we all laughed and cheered him on.....UNTIL.....ds started to vomit. Projectile vomit..
all the macaroni all over. EVERYWHERE. on his clothes, on me, on his plate, on the table cloth...I was mortified. The adults hadn't even been served meals yet. Our friends thought it was so funny. DS was fine, he just ate too fast. I felt horrible. Worse was our luggage was put out and already gone, all we had was our clothes for the next day.
I scooped him up and headed for the stateroom. The server followed me wanting to make it right, asking to sent my meal there but I was already racing out. What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.
DS and I cleaned up, we went straight to the store and bought the toy, and then headed back to the dining room - I could barely look at anyone. But the servers were so happy to see us, they welcomed ds and quickly brought food out and acted like nothing happened.
The kids still talk about the "Space Man" at dinner.....
And I never use bribes for eating anymore - learned my lesson :eek::eek::eek:

:rotfl2:

This made me laugh so hard...the spaceman part..hilarious. I too have seen the spacemen. On our first cruise with our daughter, she was two years old and she got sick on the last night in the middle of the night... Guess the boat was rocking too much for her...she threw up all over the sheets...since it was so late and the last night I put the soiled sheets in a ball in the corner on the floor in the room, and cleaned her up and we went to bed.

...the next morning we were ready to disembark and were one of the last ones on the ship and we were downstairs and I forgot my key card-which we need to get off the ship-I ran back up to the room and there was a spaceman cleaning the room and space people steam cleaning the halls on the same floor. The space man in our room in particular had a big red bio hazard bag. Guess he found the soiled sheets. My bad, spaceman...my bad.:sad2:

:rotfl2:

This made me laugh so hard...the spaceman part..hilarious. I too have seen the spacemen. On our first cruise with our daughter, she was two years old and she got sick on the last night in the middle of the night... Guess the boat was rocking too much for her...she threw up all over the sheets...since it was so late and the last night I put the soiled sheets in a ball in the corner on the floor in the room, and cleaned her up and we went to bed.

...the next morning we were ready to disembark and were one of the last ones on the ship and we were downstairs and I forgot my key card-which we need to get off the ship-I ran back up to the room and there was a spaceman cleaning the room and space people steam cleaning the halls on the same floor. The space man in our room in particular had a big red bio hazard bag. Guess he found the soiled sheets. My bad, spaceman...my bad.:sad2:

Oh thank goodness I am not the only one who encountered the astronauts :rotfl:
In our case; the very crowded animators palette dining room was blessed with the presence of the space men and my poor dh, dd and our good friends (who by the way still remain our friends) had to sit through the space men cleaning up the table while I was back at the stateroom. My cheeks still turn bright red thinking about the incident and confessing to it.
So let me just apologize to all at late dining on the last night of the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic the last week of January 2011, I assure you, you were not on the Millennium Falcon, you were indeed on the Magic :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My cousin and I cruised on the Magic in November out of Galveston and left our husbands at home....best cruise ever.... (confession - I didn't feel guilty about it at all).

Drink Tip - When my husband and I cruised out of NYC last June, we purchased DCL NYC insulated drink cups. I took the cups with us for our girls only cruise. We took the cups to the pool every day and asked our server to have them filled up with our favorite drink, a frozen electric blue lemonade. They would fill them to the top (about a drink and a half) and only charge us for the price of one, it was a great week by the pool and we had the same server every day, by the 2nd day he didn't even have to ask, he would just watch for our cups to empty and then grab them and get them filled up again.....it was a great girls only cruise drinking our way through the Western Caribbean.

My daughter was working on her 2nd contract as Anne Marie so we were lucky enough to get a great price for both cruises. She's on her 3rd contract right now, cruising the Med. with the Magic.

Aw, I was in heaven reading all about your girls only cruise. :lovestruc I would love that so much!

Then it got better that your Anne Marie's mommy! :love: :faint:

On a recent trip aboard the Magic me and the family decided to catch a mid day movie in the buena vista theatre. I had just made myself an ice cream float when we decided to go to the movie. Well the movie had just started when we arrived so it was completely dark and my eyes had not adjusted and I missed a step. I caught myself and didn't fall but my hand that was holding the float flew up along with the full cup of ice cream and soda. I'm not sure but I don't think anyone saw me as I was walking behind my dh. After we got the extended family settled in to watch the movie I turned to my dh and let him know that I didn't feel like watching the movie after all and we left. As we walked out of the theatre I said I needed to use the restroom first. Dh turns and looks at me and asked "what happened to you?" I replied "nothing, why? It seems I had ice cream all over my head.

oh dang, here goes:

1) I've picked up abandonded (and yes, I am sure they were abandonded) souvenir drink cups (like from the sailaway drink of the day cups).

:lmao:

You just reminded me that not only am I a PJ wearin' Mama to the breakfast buffet but I am also a dumpster diver!!!

Oh you all will never look at me the same again!!! :p:rotfl:

Coming back on board after CC, (and maybe a couple Konk Koolers) I noticed that someone had dumped their soft sided DCL cooler that they sell the large packs of water in, into the trash!!! I was like, SCORE!!!! and grabbed that puppy right out of that trash can!!!! It was totally clean, and I have cleaned it about three thousand times since. It even still had the tags on it!

It has now become my absolute favorite cooler to bring everywhere!

We also may have more coconut cups for the kids than we actually bought drinks in...... :eek: :lmao:

The stuff people will throw away... I'm tellin ya!!!

You all are now going to be checking around trash cans I assure you!!! :rotfl:

I'm not sure I want to confess my "Bad PArent of the Year" incident....but here goes.
After losing my dear mother in law to brain cancer at 63, and 10 months later dear father in law to a heart attack at age 67 - my family decided we needed a lot of Magic. So we took a much needed vacation and spent a week at WDW followed by a week on the Magic EC in Jan 2011 trip. The week on the cruise we spent with good friends of dh's from the military who had a ds a year older than my dd and they had a dd a year older then my ds.
In AP on the last night (we had late seating), I encouraged my ds 3 1/2 to eat all his pasta and I would buy him the big toy he wanted from the store. He is not a good eater and every night the servers would bring our friends daughter 2 meals and she would eat like a pro while ds would not eat hardly anything. So on the last night, I encouraged him - eat all your pasta and you will have the big toy! I can't recall now what the toy was...so ds was so excited. He ate every piece of macaroni. The server commented how proud he was, we all laughed and cheered him on.....UNTIL.....ds started to vomit. Projectile vomit..
all the macaroni all over. EVERYWHERE. on his clothes, on me, on his plate, on the table cloth...I was mortified. The adults hadn't even been served meals yet. Our friends thought it was so funny. DS was fine, he just ate too fast. I felt horrible. Worse was our luggage was put out and already gone, all we had was our clothes for the next day.
I scooped him up and headed for the stateroom. The server followed me wanting to make it right, asking to sent my meal there but I was already racing out. What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.
DS and I cleaned up, we went straight to the store and bought the toy, and then headed back to the dining room - I could barely look at anyone. But the servers were so happy to see us, they welcomed ds and quickly brought food out and acted like nothing happened.
The kids still talk about the "Space Man" at dinner.....
And I never use bribes for eating anymore - learned my lesson :eek::eek::eek:

:lmao: Sorry but that is hilarious. So glad DS was ok and had only eaten too fast. The RP was about 2 minutes away from seeing the "space men" last week on my cruise due to some serious sea sickness. But that's another story. :rolleyes1

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

OMG! You had me laughing out loud at the office! The very quiet office. :lmao: :rotfl:

One time as we were leaving the ship, I passed a stateroom that was open, and saw the red "Dream" pillow under the bed.......so I took it.:rolleyes1

Good one :rotfl2:

I have to confess, I brought shells back from CC...I put them in my DGD and DGS's scrapbook that I made for them for a Christmas gift:) Oops, I do hope there are more shells....

I'm glad someone else confessed to this.....now I will also. I didn't want to put them in our beach bag because I was afraid they would scan it so......I had DH put them in the pockets of his swim shorts. ;)

This is hilarious!

My confession- I went on the Dream in February without my kids. I lied and told them we were going to Las Vegas.

Ahhh....I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one that goes on DCL without their kids. DH and I took a 3 night last week but we didn't tell them we were going anywhere. They weren't home all week so we didn't tell them anything. Ignorance is bliss...... :rolleyes1

Hubby went diving on our last cruise and took a stateroom towel with him to the dive site, in his diving bag. He brought his own flippers, mask etc with us on the trip. When I was unpacking when we got home I found said towel in a side pocket of the bag :/ I was horrified!! Luckily it's just a generic white towel, so it's not expensive. But I always look at it and go ahhhh that came off the Magic :)

Fantasiesabound said:

You just reminded me that not only am I a PJ wearin' Mama to the breakfast buffet but I am also a dumpster diver!!!

Coming back on board after CC, (and maybe a couple Konk Koolers) I noticed that someone had dumped their soft sided DCL cooler that they sell the large packs of water in, into the trash!!! I was like, SCORE!!!! and grabbed that puppy right out of that trash can!!!! It was totally clean, and I have cleaned it about three thousand times since. It even still had the tags on it!

We also may have more coconut cups for the kids than we actually bought drinks in...... :eek: :lmao:

Oh man, I do this all the time at Rays baseball games! People leave the nice souvenir cups behind at their seats, and the cute (and sturdy!) plastic bowls shaped like baseball caps w/ the team logo that they serve ice cream in. I have a service for 8 now lol. So embarrassing for my kids as I would collect them on our way out of the Trop. I would have been all over that cooler you found!

Hi. I'm Dbarker. I, too am a shampoo, conditioner, lotion hoarder. I, also, hoarded the bathroom amenities provided by DCL. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

However; we had a fertilizer plant explosion in a town near us not too long ago. I donated ALL of my stash to the victims. I didn't even look to see what I would be missing.

Now, I have to start all over w/ this next cruise. :thumbsup2

You are much better than I!! In our guest bathroom I keep a basket with things we bring back from traveling . . . soap, shampoo, etc, etc. . . our guests have often told us how they use them . . .

A friend recently started collecting things for homeless in our area, and I asked if she would like a bunch of these to give them. . .

I was going through all my stash. . . still have some from our first cruise in 2004. . . but I was unable to give away anything Disney!! I started having heart palpitations just thinking about it . . .

OMG.....that is an awesome find!

I was stalking the excursion meetups on our MR cruise April 2012 because I wanted one of those coolers so bad. My Mom had purchased one the year before on the Dream but I didn't (and regretted it). But they didn't have them on that cruise so I had to wait until we were back on the ship last Sept to finally get one.

Had I only known that I needed to keep an eye on the trash cans instead :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

OK..I'm making a mental note to check all trash cans before buying any souvenirs on the Fantasy this month. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Hubby and I hogged one of the big round pod chairs by the adult pool for most of the sea day on our last Dream cruise. We took turns swimming, getting snacks etc. so we wouldn't lose the chair!

Totally guilty of the exact same thing. If I could figure a way to get it off the ship, I'd steal that chair in a heatbeat.

dizney-cruiser said:
A friend recently started collecting things for homeless in our area, and I asked if she would like a bunch of these to give them. . .

I was going through all my stash. . . still have some from our first cruise in 2004. . . but I was unable to give away anything Disney!! I started having heart palpitations just thinking about it . . .

You are joking right? I can't imagine not helping if I could, especially if it hasn't been used in almost 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter