DCL Confessions

I slept with the verandah door open to hear the ocean at night. Very peaceful and relaxing, but a DCL no no.

My hubby wears a CPAP breathing machine at night and sometimes the straps come loose and it makes noises. I usually ignore it or gently wake him to tell him to tighten it up. Well one night it was really whistling. I waited and waited for him to wake up and correct it. I must have been in a bad mood because finally I wacked him on the chest and rudely and loudly said "you're leaking!"

He tried adjusting the straps, the face mask, the seals everything. It wouldnt stop whistling. Turns out there was a pretty good wind outside and it was whistling through the room. I felt terrible.....but I still will sleep with that door open, lol

OMG I have tears in my eyes...:lmao:

Two weeks ago on the Transatlantic I went back to my room in the middle of the day, door was open and the host was cleaning the bathroom. I was beat so went in and laid on the bed anyway, host walked into the main room, and OMG THAT'S NOT MY HOST and OM friggin G that isn't my stuff on the dresser. I was in the wrong room! Accidentally got off the elevator at 7 instead of 6 and just made myself at home on their bed. As I was rushing out I told the host "this never happened, we will never speak of it again".

I also was on the elevator when it stopped mid-trip to let more people on. It was a family with two SCREAMING kids (one was flailing and kicking too). I acted like I got confused and hit the door closed button instead of door open one. My 5 year old was super judge-y on that one and I do admit feeling bad now but they were LOUD and I had 5 more floors to go.

Ok, seriously this is too funny. I'm not going to have a voice tomorrow because I have been laughing so hard. This is totally something I would do.:lmao::lmao:

On one of our first Magic cruises many years ago our family had a busy day and we were all on our own for lunch. I was getting sick of the fast stuff on deck 9 so I decided to head to Parrot Cay for the buffet. So I walked up by myself and the host said "Single?" and I said yes... thinking that he was just asking if it was just me alone for lunch.

Well, he proceeded to take me to a big table with a couple of the entertainment cast members and about 10 other people. I had inadvertently stumbled into the 'Cruising Single' mixer lunch. I awkwardly ate and made as little polite small talk as possible knowing my DW and 5 kids were on board!

I ate quickly and was the first to leave... I will never forget the cast member saying "did we scare you off?" as I left!

Oh, and I pee in the stateroom showers.

Love it!!:lmao:

Every day I would put the tube of lotion in my toilet kit so the room attendant would bring more. I ADORE the H2O body butter, sad that its not on the ship anymore.

I got a $20 tube of that as a gift and have it on my desk at work. Great stuff.

Last year while sailing on the Wonder to the Mexican Rivera I was at the quiet cove pool when two women placed towels down on the 2 chairs next to me, and then went off to lunch. ( I know that because they were talking about what to eat). After about 30 minutes, and since there were people waiting for open chairs I removed the towels so that couple could use them. Finally 30-40 minutes later while I was in the pool the two women returned looking completely puzzled. Oh well.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Two weeks ago on the Transatlantic I went back to my room in the middle of the day, door was open and the host was cleaning the bathroom. I was beat so went in and laid on the bed anyway, host walked into the main room, and OMG THAT'S NOT MY HOST and OM friggin G that isn't my stuff on the dresser. I was in the wrong room! Accidentally got off the elevator at 7 instead of 6 and just made myself at home on their bed. As I was rushing out I told the host "this never happened, we will never speak of it again".

I also was on the elevator when it stopped mid-trip to let more people on. It was a family with two SCREAMING kids (one was flailing and kicking too). I acted like I got confused and hit the door closed button instead of door open one. My 5 year old was super judge-y on that one and I do admit feeling bad now but they were LOUD and I had 5 more floors to go.

I am late coming to this thread and have had the best time reading and laughing but this.... OMG! I have laughed and laughed! Mascara dripping down my face laughter!! So funny!

My son may have innocently placed a couple of small items that he fancied in the bottom of the stroller while Mommy and Daddy were shopping that may have been noticed only after we got back to the room (with all of our purchases). I don't recall if these items were returned.

My son may have innocently placed a couple of small items that he fancied in the bottom of the stroller while Mommy and Daddy were shopping that may have been noticed only after we got back to the room (with all of our purchases). I don't recall if these items were returned.

I did that when I was three at Disneyland. It landed my mom in a security office in a weeee bit of trouble.

I am not sure i understand, your child placed some items in the bottom of the stroller and you "accidentally" brought them to your room and then when you discovered the items you didn't pay for you "don't remember" if you brought them back? Wink wink....theft is funny to people? I just don't get it.

Maybe you should've kept that one to yourself. You didn't return unpaid for merchandise? That's shoplifting. I did that with a candy bar when I was 4. My mother made sure that it was paid for.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Maybe you should've kept that one to yourself. You didn't return unpaid for merchandise? That's shoplifting. I did that with a candy bar when I was 4. My mother made sure that it was paid for.

Take it easy. Passing judgement on people is not what this thread is about. If you want to play holier than thou, take it somewhere else.

Take it easy. Passing judgement on people is not what this thread is about. If you want to play holier than thou, take it somewhere else.

Agreed. Even though I agree with EPCOTatNight, this thread is about coming clean not judging.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I wore Converse tennis shoes to Palo and convinced the maitre'd to let it slide. He did each both times I visited Palo during that trip.

Yet, you're passing judgement on me. :rotfl2: Give me a break. If i'm holier than thou for taking issue with shoplifting, than so be it. Taking extra shampoo is one thing, outright stealing an undisclosed amount of merchandise is another. This thread is about FUN confessions. Maybe you should take it somewhere else. Also, I wasn't the only poster or the first to mention it either.

I am not sure i understand, your child placed some items in the bottom of the stroller and you "accidentally" brought them to your room and then when you discovered the items you didn't pay for you "don't remember" if you brought them back? Wink wink....theft is funny to people? I just don't get it.
Agreed.

Thanks Epcotatnight...your support is appreciated! I can laugh at converse at Palo and no undies under formal wear etc., but when people start talking about dropping wave phones in the pool and taking them to guest services and lying that they don't what happened, but the phone isn't working and finding merchandise at the bottom of their stroller that wasn't paid for (and not returning said merchandise) I feel like a line has been crossed. I am not holier than thou (actually we are a family of atheists) but always taught my girls (17 and19) to take responsibility for their mistakes and never steal (whether by accident or not).

There are too many shades of gray, so I'll just keep reading and not judging. The way that a post is written - what is included and what is left out - can skew my perception of the situation. I'll just assume that people were following the golden rule.

EPCOTatNight said:

Omg...here we go. Remind me not to bump into you on a cruise. Geez.

remind me to to bump into you.

Come on and hop on the bandwagon of Non-judgemental people judging me. Lol! I was accused of stealing on the H2O thread, and now I'm a goody 2 shoes. I guess I have all angles covered. And I still stand by my post. If you're willing to stand for something, you've got to be willing to stand alone.

But it is totally okay to judge people and attack someone's character??? Yeah, that's totally okay. Negative nannies....you're one of those people that wait for someone to do something wrong or make a mistake so you can judge away, aren't you?

Don't worry, be happy. It's a song. You should look it up. Sending some cheer your way..

Oh, the irony in this post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter