DCL Confessions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by molly mouse, Jun 2, 2013.

1. wdwlover25

wdwlover25 Mouseketeer

Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyfreakliveshere

disneyfreakliveshere Earning My Ears

Very smart of you.

4. moomy-san

moomy-san I'd rather be in O'Gills.

We have never once stood in line for a characters autograph on board.
    We take candy for the room service people.... Even after so many folks here say that crew members don't want it.
    Every time my kids ask me (at home) to go to a amusement park or water park I tell them 'how about I take you on a Disney cruise in January instead?' It works every time, and I don't have to spend $150 for broken down old rides and crappy popcorn!!

5. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

Will u be my moomy? :D

6. com_op_2000

com_op_2000 DVC Member since '93

No FB
    No Tweeting
    No MySpace
    No Googling
    No Texting

7. DisneyNurse19

DisneyNurse19 Mouseketeer

The CM's don't want candy?? Never heard of that :confused3 My daughter is a CM and i have been told to bring enough chocolate for all YAC's so my suitcase is half full without clothes :(

8. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

CM's are people. Every rule doesn't apply. Some will like candy, some will not. They ALL will display appreciation. Is that sincere? Who knows? But, don't be naive enough o believe that that all do or don't want it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. moomy-san

It's a bit of a hot topic on these boards- but I personally would love it if people gave me candy, so I take lots and give it out. Especially for the positions that aren't tipped, like your daughter. Why other people have a problem with the idea is beyond my comprehension! Chocolate? Yes Please!!!

10. moomy-san

Haha :) Yes, but we are out of bedrooms at home, available college funds or vacation funds and no extra beds in our stateroom. So as long as you pay your own way- I will be your moomy ;)

11. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

:thumbsup2 I'm old, really old and my favorite souvenir EVER is my Disney Storybook Collection that has the autograph of every character from every story in it. Yes, even the paw prints of Lady and Tramp! My very good friend Chip :worship::worship: spent a few months getting it autographed by all his friends and mailed it to me. I do understand why the children want the autographs. :cloud9:

No, wait, that is not my all time favorite souvenir, my all time favorite would be the pencil with the pennant flag on it from Disneyland that my future husband bought for me the night I first met him in 1967. That still lays on my nightstand. :love:

12. plutojudy

plutojudy When you wish upon a star.....

Angie, always a great love story!

13. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

My confession is that I got good seats to several shows by looking for someone who was saving a bunch of seats and sitting in them. I don't mean that if someone was saving a seat for someone who ran to the bathroom I ran over and snagged their seat. I mean that if someone was trying to save an entire row they might suddenly find themselves four seats short.

14. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

IMO, that's not really a confession of doing something you shouldn't. It's the way it should be. :goodvibes

And, yes, I've done it also.

15. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

Lol. Good point.

16. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

Speaking of candy.... anyone know how many CM's work in the nursery? It just dawned on me maybe I should bring a little thank you since I will have two kids in there 15-20 hours over our week!

17. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Sorry, don't know the number of CMs there, but, be aware, that the CMs there can't accept cash tips.

One of the best "tips" you can give a CM is a specific mention, by name, on your end of cruise comment card. These are used for extra time off, promotions, "attaboy" points in their employment record).

18. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

:hug::lovestruc

19. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

I have never done one either. I think it's great for those who want to, and I am sure the kids enjoy it. I am not crafty. I do not want to carry all that stuff in my luggage; in either direction. And quite frankly, I already have too much stuff in my house!

20. disneygirls13

disneygirls13 Earning My Ears

These are great!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21. sewdisney

sewdisney Mouseketeer

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: