DaveInTN's Lame Attempt at a Trip Report - NOW COMPLETE

My TR would be lame. Went to the fort Thanksgiving night. Changed the tires on the golf cart, looped and went to bed. The End.

We are planning a trip back to Fort Wilderness in the next year or so and I thought I would look for info on this board. I stumbled across your TR. I've just spent half the day reading it! I cant believe all the problems you had with Snow White! It sounds like you guys had a blast tho!

Its nice to see another Tennessean who enjoys WDW so much!

We've got lots of Tennesseans on this board! Born 2 Fish, 2goofycampers, TNBob, liv lus disney, Memph1s....and I know I'm missing several. A bunch of us are right here in Middle TN, and there are some in west and east TN as well. We've even been talking about doing a regional Grand Gathering next summer!

Keep checking back here often, and enjoy your trip next year!

On edit, I see campingpug checking in below from east TN, and I just recalled Element Camper from Nashville as well. Any others? Feel free to check in here and keep an eye on the Lake Guntersville GG thread as it develops.

We are planning a trip back to Fort Wilderness in the next year or so and I thought I would look for info on this board. I stumbled across your TR. I've just spent half the day reading it! I cant believe all the problems you had with Snow White! It sounds like you guys had a blast tho!

Welcome to the boards ! There are a buncha Tenn. folk here !

We've got lots of Tennesseans on this board! Born 2 Fish, 2goofycampers, TNBob, liv lus disney, Memph1s....and I know I'm missing several. A bunch of us are right here in Middle TN, and there are some in west and east TN as well. We've even been talking about doing a regional Grand Gathering next summer!

Keep checking back here often, and enjoy your trip next year!

Welcome to the boards ! There are a buncha Tenn. folk here !

Wow I must be hanging out in the wrong places because I rarely see anyone else from here. We loved Fort Wilderness when we went in 2008. My FIL said he wont stay anywhere else:lmao: He said he will not buy park tickets next time and just hang out at the resort.

A regional Grand Gathering would be fun. I will try to keep up so I can take part.

Don't be so hard on yourself Donnie,,thats a great trip report ! Got any pics ? :rotfl2:

Sorry to say I don't Frank. My present to myself this year is a camera and a photobucket pro account. One day in 20 years we'll be like remember when they had the movie screen at the Meadows with all the benches in front? Well here is a pic of it. The screen will be fallen over and potato vine will completely cover the area. Lol, this is my vision of another thing they will let go to waste because it cost too much to maintain. But, I'll have a pic of it.

Sorry to say I don't Frank. My present to myself this year is a camera and a photobucket pro account. One day in 20 years we'll be like remember when they had the movie screen at the Meadows with all the benches in front? Well here is a pic of it. The screen will be fallen over and potato vine will completely cover the area. Lol, this is my vision of another thing they will let go to waste because it cost too much to maintain. But, I'll have a pic of it.
Wow, that's sad, although with their history not too hard to comprehend. I imagine TCD snooping around there someday and gaining access to the chuck wagon, which was abandoned fully stocked with smores sticks. And bingo cards will be scattered around beneath the potato vines like some post-apocolyptic movie where time just stopped. Seems to be how Disney abandons things.

Dave, I'm sorry your trip and your TR had to come to an end. I enjoyed reading about your eventful vacation, except the MH accident. That is so neat that someone paid your bill at Waffle House. (There is a restaurant in Knoxville that DH and I eat at occasionaly and every time we eat there, our bill is anonymously paid? It is so bizarre!!)

At least you were at the Fort Donnie...there's nothing lame about that at all!:thumbsup2

It wasn't too bad. I hung out more at the fort than usual. I'm going to US/IOA this weekend and then going to DHS at least Monday night to show my mom the Osborne Lights. No FW stay this time. Staying at Turkey Lake since it's only $15 a night and closer to Universal. We may come to the fort for some looping as well.

It wasn't too bad. I hung out more at the fort than usual. I'm going to US/IOA this weekend and then going to DHS at least Monday night to show my mom the Osborne Lights. No FW stay this time. Staying at Turkey Lake since it's only $15 a night and closer to Universal. We may come to the fort for some looping as well.

Recently I was able to snag the last week of January (in a Full) at the Fort. I thought about staying at Turkey Lake because of the price, but my Mom is not sure she's able to go to the parks this trip. That would be a lot of back tracking for the kids and me and if she decided to hit the parks, it would be way too much for her! My oldest is really wanting to go to US and IOA so when and if hubby ever comes to Orlando again with us, we'll stay at TL and probably not do WDW that trip.:eek:

(We'll be at Hanna Park for 2 weeks in June, I might hollar at you when I'm there.)

What a fabulous TR! I'm generally not one for reading TR's, but I happened to see your link and the title was intriguing (definitely not lame!)....I just read it through and absolutely loved every word. Your family is lovely, the pics wonderful...and you are a natural story-teller.:goodvibes I'm sorry to for it to come to an end....and sorry to read of the little accident after arriving home.

The kindness to your family at the Waffle House (have never eaten at one - is it really good??)- was a gentle reminder how important it is to do such things now and then.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us...I'll be watching for one in March with pics of Snow White and the girls!

(p.s FW folks sure are a happy and friendly bunch!)

What a fabulous TR! I'm generally not one for reading TR's, but I happened to see your link and the title was intriguing (definitely not lame!)....I just read it through and absolutely loved every word. Your family is lovely, the pics wonderful...and you are a natural story-teller.:goodvibes I'm sorry to for it to come to an end....and sorry to read of the little accident after arriving home.

The kindness to your family at the Waffle House (have never eaten at one - is it really good??)- was a gentle reminder how important it is to do such things now and then.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us...I'll be watching for one in March with pics of Snow White and the girls!

(p.s FW folks sure are a happy and friendly bunch!)
Thank you Christine! I appreciate you taking the time to read my report. I do hope to put one together after our March trip, so long as I have some interesting stories to tell! And I also hope to get that pic of Ms. White and me!

As for the Waffle House...you will have to try one sometime and see for yourself. Some folks hate it, as it is a bit of a "greasy spoon". It certainly won't be mistaken for Victoria & Alberts! But, the service is typically friendly, the hash browns are awesome, and the waffles are tasty too. Throw in a good cup of coffee and I'm a happy guy!

Finished :) Loved the titles :)

(am reading and typing at the same time, so apologies if the post is a bit random at times).

You have a lovely family and DD3 is just adorable, she looks like a total daddys girl :goodvibes

I am glad you like AK, is a beautiful park with so much to see and do. So overall what did you enjoy best about the park?

Wow Snow really was elusive for you guys and two of those CM's could have been nicer to you guys about it. Oh well, have you devised a plan of attack for your next trip?

How cool you got to do a Wishes Dessert Party, I so hope they extend it to Sept/Oct as I would so so love to do this (being a cake fiend and all).

That CM sounded like fun, burst out laughing at the "hit the wall" descrip :lmao:

DD3 looks so cute in her princess outfit

Sounds like you had a great time at CP, never done it myself though. Rose & Crown is a cool restaurant in Epcot and I am glad that England is your fav country in WS, I agree that the street design is lovely (very Victoriana).

How nice that someone paid for your breakfast. Like you say you think you know it all and then someone comes along and does a selfless kind act like that.

I have had a blast reading and look forward to the next one (which looks to be not too far away) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter