• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DaveInTN's Lame Attempt at a Trip Report - NOW COMPLETE

Hi Stefy - thank you for reading! We did have a great trip, and are really looking forward to our next visit.

I think the thing I liked about AK this visit was taking it slow and appreciating the beauty. It doesn't seem like a zoo like the other parks....no pun intended!! We had a very peaceful visit there.

Kind of funny that you live in London, and I commented on how I like the English pavilion at EPCOT....I imagine it is NOTHING like England itself! But is a Disney imagining of an old London streetscape. In any case, it is a pleasant place to spend some time and get a beer!

Yes AK is a beaut, we are going to try a PM EMH this year as I have never seen AK in the dark and from pics I have seen it looks pretty awesome and riding EE in the dark must be great (and a bit scary).

The English Pavillion is nothing like London, but there are some places out of London that still keep the quaint old world-y feel.

It's v pretty and I love the Twinings shop (gotta love the tea). Did you check it out when you went last?

It's v pretty and I love the Twinings shop (gotta love the tea). Did you check it out when you went last?
No, but that's on my list for the next trip. We did walk past and make note, but were in a hurry to get to CP at that time.

You Tenn folks are too funny! I am Georgia girl myself (only just barely) :rotfl2: I live in North Ga 4 miles from Tn border. As a matter of fact many of you have probably stopped over for the night in my town, Ringgold. No one remembers stopping here. Small Town, USA. I loved reading the TR and all the comments. Disney is awesome!!! Keep the TR's coming!

For future reference... the elusive White appears for 30mins on the hour every hour from 9am-2pm on the porch of expo hall. Sometimes she wanders around the Train Station. Rarely is Dopey with her here. She comes back out at 4pm for one last 1/2hr, but inside expo hall, behind the studio thing for BBB. Just ask the photographers in expo hall when she'll be coming out again.

And she appears in Germany at Epcot with Dopey. You'll have to check the times guide for this one.

At 4pm or 4:30 characters from Fantasmic come out for a half hour in front of the Hat. Some times it's a toss up, but you get some of the villians and some princesses. If you don't see them there, they might be in the animation building. Ask an attendant where they'll be doing it. (I think it's sometime around 4, maybe it's 5).

And even if they say "sorry, line is closed" ask if she'll be returning in a half hour or if it's the final set of the day.

You Tenn folks are too funny! I am Georgia girl myself (only just barely) :rotfl2: I live in North Ga 4 miles from Tn border. As a matter of fact many of you have probably stopped over for the night in my town, Ringgold. No one remembers stopping here. Small Town, USA. I loved reading the TR and all the comments. Disney is awesome!!! Keep the TR's coming!

We have stay'd in Ringgold a few times, been a while tho. Never fished there,,have you ?
You know, being that close to Tennessee, you could most likely claim yourself to be a big orange fan and get away with it, :thumbsup2

As a matter of fact many of you have probably stopped over for the night in my town, Ringgold. No one remembers stopping here. Small Town, USA. I loved reading the TR and all the comments. Disney is awesome!!! Keep the TR's coming!

I grew up near Atlanta, but in grade school we took a field trip to Ringgold to dig for fossils along this steep wall next to the interstate. Found lots of trilobites & brachiopods, I think. Ate at McDonalds afterwards. Funny the things you can remember while forgetting the important stuff!

flamtap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter