DAS

I just got back form disney and was told ( after I was having problems for another reason ) that it was in my notes to let me sign up for this one ride at GS instead of going to it I was never at this park this trip so I never tried it

Can the DAS be used to obtain a return time for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet in the MK?
yes
DAS can be used for any attraction with Fastpass and a Standby line.

But, if the Standby wait is long, the DAS will be tied up for a long time since you can only have one active DAS Return Time at a time.

Our DD has heart problems. and its extreme heat and humidity this week is not helping - she also could end up in the ER due to this extreme -

we made FP+ and we do make the DAS work, and sometimes, we may only do 2 rides and have to leave, and I still feel the DAS is working. One thing that confused us is we got a DAS return time for Toy Story, but had to leave the park, then MK was open until 2am after a 5 hour nap, we decided we were ready to hit the MK (and no sun bearing down!) We got to MK during regular hours and went to get a DAS return time - ah, but the Toy Story return time was there - they (CM at 7 Dwarf Mine Train) worked some magic and gave us a return time, but told us to go fix it at Guest Relations... but since There is no FP after hours (emh night) but there were no lines either - she loved it - and we didn't go back to GR...

next day, again it happened (I could be mixing up days) so I went to Guest Relations, and they said not to worry the DAS return will understand (and they gave us a das return time there)

It has been working - but the heat - I wish we could've gone in Oct! But I also planned tours and things that interested her - and that has helped make this a great vacation for her!

Also what has helped is the MDE ap, getting our 3 FP+ on our ap, I can move those times, or change those attractions - so that has worked better than I expected. Its harder when I had to split up and wanted my own FP+!! I like that the DAS return doesn't expire, as she did go back 3 hours later to ride something - and the DAS was still there. So it is working better than I thought it could for our needs

I also agree that for the majority of the attractions the FP lines are less then 15 min, Soarin today was quite long (over 40 min, and probably longer but since I was a single rider I skipped at least 200 people, and that's not exaggerating as the ride holds 87 people, and 87 come down, then there are a long line of people, then the FP kiosk - thats where I had already waited 30 min!

Figment, the FP line was getting long, it moved a bit... then I realized I hadn't moved - so I bailed, and then found out the ride was down - so long lines could mean the attraction is down, which clogs the system down -

The CM's have been so kind, and joyful - and it can't be easy in this heat!

Our youngest has diagnoses that, among other things, cause significant impulse control issues. We travel frequently to Disney and non-Disney destinations - we research, consult therapists and teachers and accommodate on our own as much as possible. Like your family, we are SO grateful for DAS, because it makes things just a little bit better. We don't use it much, and there really is no way that anyone could provide an accommodation that would even things out - it's just the way it is.

By the time we've used our three FP+, he's about done. So we might use DAS for one or two rides after that, but it depends. We usually use the card to repeat rides that are the subject of perseveration. On many occasions, we've secured a return time and then needed to bail. So, for example, if we bailed on Soarin Monday night, we'd arrive at Mine Train on Tuesday morning and the CM would cross out Soarin and give us a Mine Train return time. Sounds like that would now be a guest relations issue - is that right? If so, we'll be more cautious about requesting return times!

Our youngest has diagnoses that, among other things, cause significant impulse control issues. We travel frequently to Disney and non-Disney destinations - we research, consult therapists and teachers and accommodate on our own as much as possible. Like your family, we are SO grateful for DAS, because it makes things just a little bit better. We don't use it much, and there really is no way that anyone could provide an accommodation that would even things out - it's just the way it is.

By the time we've used our three FP+, he's about done. So we might use DAS for one or two rides after that, but it depends. We usually use the card to repeat rides that are the subject of perseveration. On many occasions, we've secured a return time and then needed to bail. So, for example, if we bailed on Soarin Monday night, we'd arrive at Mine Train on Tuesday morning and the CM would cross out Soarin and give us a Mine Train return time. Sounds like that would now be a guest relations issue - is that right? If so, we'll be more cautious about requesting return times!
the CM at the rides can take off another ride from your das card I had one with 7dmt and as soon as my time came it started to rain so I went to space monition and did that ride instead

IF it's the same day, a CM at an attraction can delete an attraction that you have DAS for and don't want to use.
With DAS electronically on Magicbands or tickets, there is no card to cross an attraction off.

The electronic DAS Return Times expire when the park it was issued in closes. So, your DAS Return Time for Soarin' would disappear when Epcot closes that night, so you would be free to get another when you get to the Mine Train the next morning.

the CM at the rides can take off another ride from your das card I had one with 7dmt and as soon as my time came it started to rain so I went to space monition and did that ride instead

IF it's the same day, a CM at an attraction can delete an attraction that you have DAS for and don't want to use.
With DAS electronically on Magicbands or tickets, there is no card to cross an attraction off.

The electronic DAS Return Times expire when the park it was issued in closes. So, your DAS Return Time for Soarin' would disappear when Epcot closes that night, so you would be free to get another when you get to the Mine Train the next morning.

Thanks to both of you for the responses! With the old card, that's what the CMs did - just crossed off the return time we didn't use and assigned a new one. Good to have the info regarding the electronic version.

Yes.
That's what they did with the old paper DAS - in fact, if we decided not to use one, we crossed it off.
With electronic, it needs to be deleted by a CM, but it's doable.

Thank you Sue, I'm sorry I wasn't online to explain - the problem was DD and DH went by themselves and did no research (like me who over researches, over thinks things!)

I just remember dh saying it was a problem at the attraction - but he could've been saying "problem" in its loosest terms, and he loves to talk - so it was not a negative problem - just something to note, it confused the CM at the new ride - but they went from one park (DHS) rested at the resort, then went out to a different park (MK) We had forgotten she hadn't used her DAS FP at DHS, and the cm was confused, but like Sue said, they did delete the DHS one and give her a return time for the ride she was at (I have no idea now what it was)

again, even tho DD is older, 17, and looks "normal" no one questioned her or made her uncomfortable for using the das - and by the end of the trip she was advocating for herself! (i.e. making her own das return times) The Das was available and helped us, but the most was using the FP+.... also know if a ride goes down you have a DAS for, check your emails, because they emailed us a list of replacements - for instance we had a FP+ for Figment, it went down! ( who knew the line was long, we couldn't wait and left the line, later that night I checked the emails and discovered we could've gone over to another ride and used our MK and would've been accepted without any problem!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter