• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS

gap2368

DIS Veteran
i have been using the DAS now for a long time when I got it I was told that if it dose not work for me to come back to GR that they could help me out well things were not working out and I went back to GR and talked to them they told me that they could make additional accommodation to the DAS card I was like great I thought I had it were it word work for me but 2 days latter I was told they do not make extra accommodation I was wondering if anyone has any experience with additional accommodation or if the first CM was trying to make me feel better in the moment

Well, that's a tough one. I think it depends on what isn't working and what additional accommodations you seek. I have read reports from posters who tried DAS, something wasn't working, they returned to Guest Relations to discuss a specific attraction/issue and had resolution to their satisfaction. My impression of such reports is that something very specific wasn't working and that one specific thing was accommodated; I did not get the impression that it was any sort of extra change available at all attractions.

Sorry to sound vague, but I guess what I'm saying is that if there is something specific that would help you with the DAS -- go talk to Guest Relations about the specific incident(s) when DAS didn't work for you. I think when you give Guest Relations specifics of a situation, they may be able to help.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

there is no one size fits all. they can only do so much WRT to access within the scope of the new parameters, and every person's situation will be different.

but ultimately you cannot be granted any sort of preferential treatment (instant access, more than reasonable accommodation, etc)

and they decide what is considered reasonable. there may indeed be nothing that can be done with respects to a specific ride or attraction. crowd levels, time of year, all sorts of things can affect what they can and cannot do to accommodate your needs. there are several rides I love that I can no longer ride due to the advancement of my disease.

Thank you all for your replays. I do not want to go into detal about what the first CM came up with but it would not get me any thing extra that a normal guess would be able to do. I think for me unless I am having a problem I look and act fine and I get the impression from CM that they think I do not need DAS card. Can I do Disney with out this addition accommodation yes will it be more difficult yes. I think I will just come up with a plan not to us it and if it turns out I can great.

I thought the DAS was not meant to get you "extra". It was meant to assure you that you got the "same" as everyone else-just in a manner suitable to your specific needs.
like I said before the accommodation was not an extra for me most people do not have to stop for a few hours a few times a day or go to the ER. I was just simply asking if they do customs the DAS like I was told I just did not know if this was something that changed and I was not aware of it.

I have heard of people that can only be in the park for 3 hours and they are given a few no string attached so that they can get in and get out ( this is not the accommodation I was asking or talking about)

like I said before the accommodation was not an extra for me most people do not have to stop for a few hours a few times a day or go to the ER. I was just simply asking if they do customs the DAS like I was told I just did not know if this was something that changed and I was not aware of it.

I have heard of people that can only be in the park for 3 hours and they are given a few no string attached so that they can get in and get out ( this is not the accommodation I was asking or talking about)

There's no accommodation to get a days worth of things done in a few hours. If you have 3 hours of park time you would get to do 3 hours worth of things, like everyone else. That kind of stipulation can be placed on a large amount of people on a my given day.

They may have ways to help with elements of the DAS that are difficult, but it's at their discretion. Not necessarily what the guest wants.

ok I am not saying I have 3 hours in the park at all thank you all for you input. like I said before can I do disney with out the extra accommodation yes it will take more planing on my part even though I do not think it really is that big of an accommodation ( for anyone who did not need this accommodation it would be easer not to have it and no I have not said and more then likely I will not say what the extra accommodation is that the first CM came up with) I would never want something that morel people would not get. I understand that most people can not do disney all day I was just told with out asking ( when I was in the middle of having problems) that the DAS can be tailored some to meet different peoples need and after talking with the CM for a good 20 minutes he came up with a plan that I thought would work ( I was talking to the CM for about 15 minutes before he even told me that the DAS can be changed

ok I am not saying I have 3 hours in the park at all thank you all for you input. like I said before can I do disney with out the extra accommodation yes it will take more planing on my part even though I do not think it really is that big of an accommodation ( for anyone who did not need this accommodation it would be easer not to have it and no I have not said and more then likely I will not say what the extra accommodation is that the first CM came up with) I would never want something that morel people would not get. I understand that most people can not do disney all day I was just told with out asking ( when I was in the middle of having problems) that the DAS can be tailored some to meet different peoples need and after talking with the CM for a good 20 minutes he came up with a plan that I thought would work ( I was talking to the CM for about 15 minutes before he even told me that the DAS can be changed

The only thing you can really do the is go to guest relations and talk to them and see what they say.

The only thing you can really do the is go to guest relations and talk to them and see what they say.
that is what I have been doing 2x and each time I was told that there was no additional accommodation and was wandering what you all have heard if I should be more form in the fact that I was told ( witch is so not me) I think for me what I will do is go with out this extra like I have been saying it will make it harder for me and I may end up in the ER again if I do not watch things but that is just what happens sometimes with disabilities

that is what I have been doing 2x and each time I was told that there was no additional accommodation and was wandering what you all have heard if I should be more form in the fact that I was told ( witch is so not me) I think for me what I will do is go with out this extra like I have been saying it will make it harder for me and I may end up in the ER again if I do not watch things but that is just what happens sometimes with disabilities

Yeah, I mean, without you going into detail about what's difficult or what you're looking for it's hard to really give an idea of what we've heard they could do if anything.

It's possible what you're looking for isn't manageable if the in person GR CMs are telling you twice there isn't anything additional. The system can be a lot more planning than the old, but the planning ends up helping a lot.

The reports I have read about people who successfully requested additional accommodations, returned to Guest Relations and discussed in detail a specific situation they had encountered that they needed help with. If there is a specific attraction you need assistance with, I suggest you discuss that with Guest Relations to see if they can offer something further. Just asking "is there any additional accommodations?" isn't likely to net you a positive response. Saying "I was at X attraction and this is what happened, and this is why it doesn't work for me. Do you have any suggestions?" might get you what you need. Depending on the situation, it may or may not be possible to offer anything different. And it may only be possible at times based on crowds and staffing.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

judy that is pretty much what happened I was having problems at an attraction explained what is was and and the CM at the GR came up with an idea to help with this one attraction that I thought would work too. I think of I need this I just need to go in to GR and say when I am at X attraction XYZ happens this is what I was told to do I think that might help so they know what problems I was having and that I have already talked to someone at GR.

it was to sign up for one attraction ( since I have problems in the area of this attraction) at GR instead of going to it ( and it really is just one) it is where the attraction is that cause the problems and the wait is all ways about an hour. but like I was saying I may have to do things different like just make it a FP or do it first thing.

Not sure what you are looking for but my mom has issues waiting too long for anything. Sun affects her from her blood pressure medicine. She can't sit too long in her Ecv or her legs collect fluid. She can't walk too long as her knees start hurting her. Heat get to her too! We used to use the GAC and loved it. She could do the 3 rides she liked and be finished for the day. She is now 80 so wasn't like we were doing 100 rides a day. We would then leave the parks and go back to the resort. Was nice and she only ever did pirates, mansion, and pooh. lol. Now we are subjected to the DAS which she does get. Even though not as good the return time they give her makes it so we can go in the gift shop and keep her cooled off and out of the sun as much as possible. To me that accommodation does shorten her wait time considerably by allowing her to wait elsewhere. Now this upcoming trip we will be utilizing the new fast pass + and maybe allowing her to do her 3 rides twice in one day. Any more of an accommodation would be going back to the GAC which I doubt they would do for anyone.

I do not want Immediate access to a ride I just have a problem in the area of this one ride last time I was at Disney a little over a week ago I was unable to go on it since I was not at this park first thing and I did not have a fast pass for it I am very great full to have the DAS as I would only be able to do one ride. I was just looking to see if they made any additional accommodation I think they really do not like to unless it is Absolutely necessary

If FP is available for that ride, why not just book FP+ for it? I want to use my FPs for other things and also not get my DAS return at the attraction isn't something they should need to accommodate. DAS works in conjunction with FP, not in lieu of.

FP was not available at the time and there are other factors going on like I have been saying it will work out even if I can not go on this ride I can always try and just get a return time for it and hope things work out. It is kind of like wishes the night time parade of I do not have fast passes for them I go hide some where out of the crowded areas. I love both but some times it is just not going to happen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter