D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

If someone has never done D23 before and doesn't know much about how it works etc, can someone point me to the best place to do research?

Good question - I want to know some more too!

There isn't a lot of places online to do research from what I've found. You can read the 'Things to Know' section of the D23Expo website, and google for previous years Expos to see if theres anything out there. Also, try YouTubing previous expos as well. I've posted a schedule on the board here (I'll attach here too), and I'll keep updating it as presentations get announced.

Attachments

• D23.pdf
    402.7 KB · Views: 25
If I'm reading the overnight queue policy correctly it will be open to all attendees with no special/separate line for D23 gold members. Then starting at 7:00am guests will be directed to the outdoor main entrance where there will be a separate/early-entrance line for D23 gold members. So for gold it would in theory be a disadvantage to get there before 7:00 (for Friday and Saturday)?

There isn't a lot of places online to do research from what I've found. You can read the 'Things to Know' section of the D23Expo website, and google for previous years Expos to see if theres anything out there. Also, try YouTubing previous expos as well. I've posted a schedule on the board here (I'll attach here too), and I'll keep updating it as presentations get announced.
Thats a great resource thanks !

If I'm reading the overnight queue policy correctly it will be open to all attendees with no special/separate line for D23 gold members. Then starting at 7:00am guests will be directed to the outdoor main entrance where there will be a separate/early-entrance line for D23 gold members. So for gold it would in theory be a disadvantage to get there before 7:00 (for Friday and Saturday)?

I would be interested in knowing this as well. This will be my first time attending as a Gold member and I can't tell if Gold members are let into the halls first? Since they're gotten rid of the Silver membership level, it seems like it would be a nice benefit.

I will be there! DH is staying home, but my friend will be tagging along. She's never been to DLR so we may spend more time there than at the Expo. We were thinking just Saturday for the Expo as we have access to Glendale on Friday. Can anyone speak to how quickly merch sells out if at all? I'd really like to get some pins and a set of ears, so if they sell out faster I may buy a ticket for Friday too. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I will be there! DH is staying home, but my friend will be tagging along. She's never been to DLR so we may spend more time there than at the Expo. We were thinking just Saturday for the Expo as we have access to Glendale on Friday. Can anyone speak to how quickly merch sells out if at all? I'd really like to get some pins and a set of ears, so if they sell out faster I may buy a ticket for Friday too. Thanks :)

The pins at the WDI store at D23 won't be in Glendale on Friday of the expo. WDI sells pins their D23 pins at the expo first and if there are leftovers, they go to the cast store in Glendale.

It depends on how long you want to stand in line to get the pins at the WDI store, Dream Store, or Disney Store. Based on the overnight line-up, I'm going to guess at least 12 hours in line and that's if you're #1 to get into the store.

The pins at the WDI store at D23 won't be in Glendale on Friday of the expo. WDI sells pins their D23 pins at the expo first and if there are leftovers, they go to the cast store in Glendale.

It depends on how long you want to stand in line to get the pins at the WDI store, Dream Store, or Disney Store. Based on the overnight line-up, I'm going to guess at least 12 hours in line and that's if you're #1 to get into the store.

That's great! I didn't know the pins would even be at Glendale, I just know we will be at that campus Friday. Ideally, I'd just like to get my hands on one or two Expo pins - any tips on which will be the best store for that? I'm assuming get there the earliest I can and hope for a smaller line.

Thanks ^.^

Does anyone know when the D23 badges/tickets are mailed out to my home? I bought early bird a while back.

Historically, they are mailed later in July.

I know the Cast Member ones started going out earlier this summer and I haven't heard "regular" badges being received, so...not yet! :stitch2:

That's great! I didn't know the pins would even be at Glendale, I just know we will be at that campus Friday. Ideally, I'd just like to get my hands on one or two Expo pins - any tips on which will be the best store for that? I'm assuming get there the earliest I can and hope for a smaller line.

Thanks ^.^

I would actually pay a bit more not to stand in the lines. I would say that half the people that line up the night before are going for the shows and the other half to get into the various stores. If you can get the store pass that gives you a set time to return, I'd go for that.

I posted my questions in a separate section of the forums and was directed here - hopefully you guys don't mind me reposting them here so if they're answered, others get to see too!

1. When should I get there to get into an 11AM event on Sunday (Disney Infinity/Kingdom Hearts III etc. in the D23 Hall)? I can't be there very early, because I doubt anyone I would bring with me would be interested in camping out or being up at the break of dawn. Luckily, I live about 30 minutes away from Disneyland, depending on traffic.

2. Can I use my DL pass, which has parking, to park in the DL parking lots where you're bussed over and just walk from there?

3. Is the shopping aimed at collectors or will it include some more casual merchandise? Or maybe the more important question is if I can even get into the shops, lol.

4. In general how early should I get into lines for everything?

5. Any recommendations on what to see, what to avoid, etc.?

6. I've heard about people getting to meet some of the stars that come to the expo. How is that organized? Is there an official meet-and-greet?

Big thanks to anyone who answers my many questions!

Historically, they are mailed later in July.

I know the Cast Member ones started going out earlier this summer and I haven't heard "regular" badges being received, so...not yet! :stitch2:

Does anyone know if they're only sending them to American addresses? I'm in Canada, and I thought I may have seen something about that, but I may be confusing that with them not sending MagicBands at WDW lol

Does anyone know if they're only sending them to American addresses? I'm in Canada, and I thought I may have seen something about that, but I may be confusing that with them not sending MagicBands at WDW lol

I did a bit of searching and it appears they only mail to US addresses. All others have to pick them up in person from the Convention Center. We did that in 2013 for someone that purchased a late ticket, it didn't take much time at all.

I posted my questions in a separate section of the forums and was directed here - hopefully you guys don't mind me reposting them here so if they're answered, others get to see too!

1. When should I get there to get into an 11AM event on Sunday (Disney Infinity/Kingdom Hearts III etc. in the D23 Hall)? I can't be there very early, because I doubt anyone I would bring with me would be interested in camping out or being up at the break of dawn. Luckily, I live about 30 minutes away from Disneyland, depending on traffic.

2. Can I use my DL pass, which has parking, to park in the DL parking lots where you're bussed over and just walk from there?

3. Is the shopping aimed at collectors or will it include some more casual merchandise? Or maybe the more important question is if I can even get into the shops, lol.

4. In general how early should I get into lines for everything?

5. Any recommendations on what to see, what to avoid, etc.?

6. I've heard about people getting to meet some of the stars that come to the expo. How is that organized? Is there an official meet-and-greet?

Big thanks to anyone who answers my many questions!

They aren't allowing overnight lines for Sunday, so it's hard to say. In 2013, there was no lining up before 5am in the "Things to Know" - that's now gone and it makes mention of the Friday (Thursday night) and Saturday (Friday night) lines and people being directed to outside lines if they show up at/after 7am. This isn't helping you because you asking specifically about Sunday, but that's all that's out there currently.

They aren't allowing overnight lines for Sunday, so it's hard to say. In 2013, there was no lining up before 5am in the "Things to Know" - that's now gone and it makes mention of the Friday (Thursday night) and Saturday (Friday night) lines and people being directed to outside lines if they show up at/after 7am. This isn't helping you because you asking specifically about Sunday, but that's all that's out there currently.
Oh, I didn't even think about it not applying to Sunday, I just assumed it would be the same 10PM campout for all days. I'm kind of hoping maybe there is no camping out Saturday for Sunday if that ups my chance of getting into the event I want to see. I'll just regularly check the Things to Know. Thank you!

There won't be any camping overnight indoors for Sunday morning, that's already been explicitly stated. That's not saying it won't happen outside though.

FYI Sometimes, the Mickey's of Glendale store is actually closed the week of the Expo. Boo, I know. They are busy boxing stuff up, and then setting up at the Expo, and working the Expo. I may pop in there on Weds before the Expo, but I think I will call first and see if they will even be open.

New Schedule Ya'll... Includes ABC presentations and several ABC autograph sessions

Attachments

• D23 Update 071615.pdf
    441.4 KB · Views: 48

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter