D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

We got our tickets, too. :dance3:

Hey, did I tell you guys already that the DIS will have a booth at the D23 Expo? :)

Unfortunately mine won't come, they won't ship to Canada :mad: Here's hoping I can get into Hall E before I get my tickets from Will Call.

Can't wait to meet you guys at the DIS Booth!

Another question! Does anyone know if they'll have an area where General Members/Non-Members can upgrade/purchase Gold Memberships at the Expo?

Awesome! Would love to meet the Disneyland Dis crew! We knew we had to sign up for 2015 after watching the 2013 Expo coverage!

We're going to get some of the Orlando team, John, Kevin, Craig, Corey, & Jenilynn. Tracey will also be here from Dreams Unlimited Travel. :) I think Tom is going to work the booth, and maybe Michael. I'll be a regular guest with Kelly trying to see as much as we can.

Another question! Does anyone know if they'll have an area where General Members/Non-Members can upgrade/purchase Gold Memberships at the Expo?

Is there a reason you would like to purchase your membership at the Expo and not at the Disney Store online? I emailed the D23 folks, who promptly got back to me, and they said if I upgraded my membership at this point (after receiving my tickets) I could get early entry access to the Show Floor by showing my card and exchanging my tickets at the event. They did encourage me to send an email upgrading my member information beforehand as well.

Is there a reason you would like to purchase your membership at the Expo and not at the Disney Store online? I emailed the D23 folks, who promptly got back to me, and they said if I upgraded my membership at this point (after receiving my tickets) I could get early entry access to the Show Floor by showing my card and exchanging my tickets at the event. They did encourage me to send an email upgrading my member information beforehand as well.

There is sort of, quite frankly it's the shipping costs to Canada. It costs me an extra $30 to have the membership package shipped up here.

I wanted to give this a bump.

With all the speculation and promotion of new Star Wars info, I am concerned that our 4am line up plan may not be soon enough.

Do they count the line or stop the queue when they hit capacity? I would hate to miss another panel if I'm waiting in the Hall line in vain.

Does anyone know what kind of food options are at the convention center? My bf and I are vegetarians and i'm kind of concerned we will be eating french fries and pretzels for 3 days :/
I can't find any menus or anything online. Help!

Also, for those who have been to the Expo - I am going as a gold member. Are there separate lines before the convention floor opens for members vs non-members, and then people line up for separate things once inside? Or are there a bunch of different lines outside for Hall 23, shopping, StagePass, etc?

I wanted to give this a bump.

With all the speculation and promotion of new Star Wars info, I am concerned that our 4am line up plan may not be soon enough.

Do they count the line or stop the queue when they hit capacity? I would hate to miss another panel if I'm waiting in the Hall line in vain.

I believe I have read previously that they were scanning badges and would be able to tell if they had reached capacity for the Hall 23. But no one really knows how this is going to play out, this is a new wrinkle.

I would say 4am will probably not be early enough for the Saturday Hall 23 presentation, but that is just a hazy guess at this point.

Does anyone know what kind of food options are at the convention center? My bf and I are vegetarians and i'm kind of concerned we will be eating french fries and pretzels for 3 days :/
I can't find any menus or anything online. Help!

Also, for those who have been to the Expo - I am going as a gold member. Are there separate lines before the convention floor opens for members vs non-members, and then people line up for separate things once inside? Or are there a bunch of different lines outside for Hall 23, shopping, StagePass, etc?

I haven't seen menus, although I have seen a listing of food. I believe the app is now live in the iTunes store, if you have a compatible phone, and they have a listing of options including the food trucks.

As I noted above, there are a few complications when asking about lines this time around. There is a line prior to 7am that is inside for all ticket types for Hall 23 and (early) floor access. Anyone arriving after 7am will be directed to the appropriate line (Gold/Silver, 9am access - General, 10am access) outside the convention center. Previously there were no separate lines outside save the Arena, Member, General lines.

Most of the things you are asking about, except for the early access I noted before 7am, will be funneled into lines inside the convention center once you are inside.

But it's hazy concerning early floor access and non-member and the overnight line. I'm going to ask in person on Thursday, but I haven't seen anything that is clear as of yet.

Good info! I did not realize there would be no separate line for the Hall. I was hoping my gold membership gave me an edge. ;)

Decisions, decisions... With the overnighters I guess the Hall could be filled by midnight. If we lived locally and could bring items for a comfortable overnight, I would go for it. Have a my hotel already and was hoping for a few hours rest.

May have to go with Plan B. :D

Thanks, PP!

Thanks for the reply!

How do the lines work when there are multiple Hall 23 presentations in a day? Will there be an overnight line for a presentation that starts at 3pm? That seems mad.

I was super excited about going for the first time this year, but all of the talk about lines has me down. Any folks planning on meeting up? I am going to be doing D23 solo this year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!

How do the lines work when there are multiple Hall 23 presentations in a day? Will there be an overnight line for a presentation that starts at 3pm? That seems mad.

No, the overnight line is just for the first Hall 23 presentation of the day and early show floor access, they clear the Hall after each presentation.

I was super excited about going for the first time this year, but all of the talk about lines has me down. Any folks planning on meeting up? I am going to be doing D23 solo this year.

I wouldn't let it get you down, just have realistic expectations - no one ever gets to see everything they want to. Be prepared and embrace the fun.

Good info! I did not realize there would be no separate line for the Hall. I was hoping my gold membership gave me an edge. ;)

Decisions, decisions... With the overnighters I guess the Hall could be filled by midnight. If we lived locally and could bring items for a comfortable overnight, I would go for it. Have a my hotel already and was hoping for a few hours rest.

May have to go with Plan B. :D

Thanks, PP!

Someone interpreted the letter that came with the credentials to mean that the general admits in the overnight line would be held back until the 9am Gold/Silver group goes in, but I cannot see how that will be managed. That's why I'm going to ask, trust me! It's all really clear up until it isn't. :rotfl:

Are there any meetups going on? I'm travelling alone and would like to meet new people :)

I'm not sure if there are any meetups, but you can find me at Trader Sam's from 12am to 1:30am on Saturday night/Sunday morning! lol

Are there any meetups going on? I'm travelling alone and would like to meet new people :)
One of the great things about D23 is that those in line with you and sitting next to you are also Disney fans! One of our most memorable D23 experiences was waiting in line for the Princess & Frog presentation and chatting with one of the artists who worked on the film who happened to be in line behind us. Enjoy. --Suzanne

I've been waiting for D23 to announce some nighttime events similar to the Richard Sherman/Alan Menken concert in 2013. It seems like the schedule is pretty final -- do we think there will be any sort of surprise announcement in the next week? Seems like it will be hard to top Sherman and Menken.

Does anyone know if I buy tickets at this point will they be mailed or held at Will Call? At this point I won't be home when tickets could possibly arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter