D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

So I'm new to the D23 Expo. I'm actually a CM so I got my discount tixs a little bit back for Fri & Sat can't wait. So I've been trying to figure out all this and lining up.

So I take it for the OUAT panel its in a smaller hall/room. So if I'd like best chances to get into this room would I need to be in line super early for the panel later in the day? Also what is this stagepass I've been hearing about like how does that work?

Thanks for any help this is like my first big con I've done smaller ones where its specific to a fandom haha so way less crazy.

This will be mine and my sisters second year and we couldn't be more excited! We are WDW annual pass holders being only a 4 hour drive from it, so we are very excited to also visit Disneyland for our second time as well for the Diamond celebration goodies!

I did have a question that has been bugging me though. So when I bought my tickets for the convention recently, I, at the time was not a D23 gold member. I had to skip being a member for a little while simply because I didn't have the money for it at the time. So I stopped it for a bit with all intention of starting it up again later. Anyway, when I bought my tickets I was not a member... But now I am. So, is there a way to upgrade my ticket to accommodate my now gold membership? Or is it totally out of the question since I got them when I wasn't?

Oh boy, all this talk of lines is making me nervous. I had no idea that was part of the Expo experience and my two young kids (under 10) won't even wait in an hour long line, let alone several hours (MagicBands and FastPasses have spoiled them). Does this mean we should be prepared for major disappointment when it comes to panels? My boys are ecstatic over the Infinity 3.0 figure give away, will these go quickly?

Oh boy, all this talk of lines is making me nervous. I had no idea that was part of the Expo experience and my two young kids (under 10) won't even wait in an hour long line, let alone several hours (MagicBands and FastPasses have spoiled them). Does this mean we should be prepared for major disappointment when it comes to panels? My boys are ecstatic over the Infinity 3.0 figure give away, will these go quickly?

This is a Disney event after all, Disney means lines unfortunately. It's also like any other convention, when you pack tens of thousands of people into a convention hall with limited capacity, there's going to be lines and waits.

Luckily, the Disney Interactive panel is not the MOST popular panel, and it's in Hall D23, so there should be less waiting in lines for this one. Also, It's probable that the giveaway will be an Infinity figure, however, this hasn't been announced, so I wouldn't get them psyched up on that in case that's not what they're giving away.

This is a Disney event after all, Disney means lines unfortunately. It's also like any other convention, when you pack tens of thousands of people into a convention hall with limited capacity, there's going to be lines and waits.

Luckily, the Disney Interactive panel is not the MOST popular panel, and it's in Hall D23, so there should be less waiting in lines for this one. Also, It's probable that the giveaway will be an Infinity figure, however, this hasn't been announced, so I wouldn't get them psyched up on that in case that's not what they're giving away.

Thanks. I was talking about the show floor giveaways announced on D23 Expo site the 15th:
." Disney Infinity will also be giving away thousands of pre-release Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition figures featuring popular characters from across The Walt Disney Company (while supplies last)."

Does anyone know how early people lined up for StagePass in 2013? Did they wait all night? I'm disappointed that the OUAT signing is right before the panel - that means it will be difficult to do both.

Does anyone know how early people lined up for StagePass in 2013? Did they wait all night? I'm disappointed that the OUAT signing is right before the panel - that means it will be difficult to do both.

The overnight line wasn't an option in 2013 - the "Things to Know" section then clearly stated no lining up before 5am, although I never was there before that to tell you how it was handled. We rolled out of the hotel about 4:40am - 4:45am and wandered over, we were usually fairly close to the front of the line (the massive zig-zag) for the two Arena presentations on Friday and Saturday.

With the Star Wars event this year, they allowed overnight lines "in" the convention center in a designated space - I think because of the volume of people showing and waiting for each "line-up event", truthfully. The rules may say nothing before X, but people will get there earlier. See the Diamond LE Pins - there wasn't supposed to be any lines before 6am in Downtown Disney, each month the line-up got earlier and earlier and Anaheim Fire made Disney allow people on-property before the designated time for their safety.

They will probably give out an Infinity figure on Sunday, AFTER the Disney Interactive panel, they usually distributed stuff on the way out (also true for Studios/postcards, posters, headpieces). Good way to control one item per person, on the floor, that is often not the case. Disney Interactive is not that THAT popular, compared to other things, and it is in the biggest venue, on the slowest day. More people perhaps this year, because last time, people sold those free Infinity figures for big $$ on Ebay. Expect everyone to get the same character, just my opinion. (Remotely possible it would be a Playmation figure instead?) But, I hope it is Infinity.

People did not line up super early for Stage Pass distributions, as far as I can remember. They are too busy in other panels, walking the floor, or on other lines to do so. LOL. (I will be in Hall D23 for Studios, which always runs late, unfortunately).

I will not be one of them, but I hope they let the people who buy the dolls, and do the signing, get into the presentation. (although 1/2 of them will be Ebayers who don't care about the presentations).

Can't wait!!

First time going, pretty excited. Me and my niece are primarily going for the "Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes" on Saturday at 10:30am. Any guesses on how early we should get there to guarantee entry into the panel? I was thinking of getting there at around 3 in the morning. Thanks!

It's my first year and my Saturday will pretty much be dedicated to seeing the Live Action and Parks/Resorts presentations.

This will be mine and my sisters second year and we couldn't be more excited! We are WDW annual pass holders being only a 4 hour drive from it, so we are very excited to also visit Disneyland for our second time as well for the Diamond celebration goodies!

I did have a question that has been bugging me though. So when I bought my tickets for the convention recently, I, at the time was not a D23 gold member. I had to skip being a member for a little while simply because I didn't have the money for it at the time. So I stopped it for a bit with all intention of starting it up again later. Anyway, when I bought my tickets I was not a member... But now I am. So, is there a way to upgrade my ticket to accommodate my now gold membership? Or is it totally out of the question since I got them when I wasn't?

I have the same question!

The schedule is starting to firm up. There are some must see events on our list. Any advice from veterans? We are totally clueless. I know they have passes, but I would assume the lines for those passes get very long. Honestly, with my daughters, I doubt we could camp out overnight, etc.

I will be there. Attending Saturday only with my good friend Aprille. She will be wearing a Straw hat similar to the shape of the Barbershop Quartet with the 60th Logo on the front. I am trying to think of something unique to wear.

Received our tickets! Bought our convention Parkhopper tickets also today.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter